This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alterran no interference (sp?) rule

if they are so insistant of that rule then why are they shielding the MW from the ori?

isn't that interfering?

btw

ancients= alterrans and ori

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
    if they are so insistant of that rule then why are they shielding the MW from the ori?

isn't that interfering?

btw

ancients= alterrans and ori
    Its not so much a rule as a guidline.

POC
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

no not after seeing all of sg1 and atlantis

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2

isn't that interfering?
        I think it's hard to divine the Alterrans' motives. While basically benign, I think they are pretty elitist, so their non-interference policy has a lot (although not necessarily all) to do with being stuck-up jerks. I don't think they are all bad, of course, but I think a great many of them have a very smug benelovence, like we lowly mortals somehow owe them for not having crushed us with their vast godlike powers. From their perspective, it's like a human trying to be nice to a fly or an ant - some people can do it, but most don't even care.

However, I don't believe the Alterrans are above self-preservation. According to Orlin, the Alterrans believe that if the Ori win in the MW, the balance of power would tip dangerously in the Ori's favor. Thus the Alterrans have been shielding the MW not for our protection so much as theirs.

Comment

The no interference policy is directly linked to the Ori, its there to stop ascended beings doing what they're doing.

Comment

Originally posted by doombringer333
            However, I don't believe the Alterrans are above self-preservation. According to Orlin, the Alterrans believe that if the Ori win in the MW, the balance of power would tip dangerously in the Ori's favor. Thus the Alterrans have been shielding the MW not for our protection so much as theirs.
            Gotta say, nice point you make. The Alterrans/Ascended Ancients don't interfere with our daily existence, unless their butts are on the line as well. Then, all bets may be off.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
            X