This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for sharing this!

I wanted to see more personal touches in Brig. Gen. O'Neill's office too but maybe that would happen later. Wouldn't mind a bobblehead of Homer on the desk, or that famous Bart figurine where he's clutching his trademark slingshot. A montage of photos of various planets they've explored would be nice too with them in the frame (Kodak moments?), although that might be a worry for security if it were ever stolen .

Yeah, I can see him playing Simpsons Hit & Run off-duty...
    Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
    more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Looks cool... thanks.

Comment

I wish that they had used photos with the correct period aircraft (A/C). One picture (013) shows O'Neill standing with two others in front of a F-86 (1950s A/C), and the other (026) shows him in what I think is a F-101 (1960'S A/C). Why couldn't they have used an A-10 or F-15 or even a F-16?...all USAF A/C of the late 1970s and 1980s.

As for the certificates....where is his certificate of appointment as a 2nd Lt in the USAF signed by the President Nixon? What is shown (020) is only his diploma from the USAFA, but please note that the wording is incorrect. It states that 1974 was the "Nintey(SP)-eighth Year of the Constitution". Aaah, I believe that 1974 was the One Hundred and Ninety-eighth Year of the Constitution.

Plus I agree with the other comment about the "I love me" wall. In the 17+ years that I was in the USAF (1975-1992), I never saw any commander’s office that had framed ribbons awarded to the occupant, even if they were Silver and Bronze Stars, Purple Heart, and Distinguished Service Awards. Those were normally displayed in one's home after retirement.

Most officers that I knew had engraved plaques with the recipient’s name, the organization's shield, name of the airbase, and the dates served, like the one in picture 015. Many also had large pictures of the organization’s members, aircraft, or facility, and members' best wishes statements written all around the frame's boarder.

Living life in the "other" Vancouver.

Comment

Some details they just can't match
          __

__

Comment

Strange that there are no pics of him with SG-1 in the office.

Perhaps they will do that eventually.
            I am on a mission to acquire the SG-1 DVDs, since I wish to know all about this great universe...

I have the original movie and Season 1 on DVD.

Update: I also have Seasons 2 and 3 on DVD.

I have seen the light! Please help me learn more!

Comment

That wouldn't be too professional I guess.

Comment

Working...
              X