X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Odin passed away?
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Thor is Supreme High Commander of the Asgard Fleet, not of the Asgard themselves. Odin (who's appearance may or may not have happened in "Red Sky") is still likely the ruler of the Asgard.

On the voicing topic, I recall MS appearing in the end credits as the voice of Thor in some episodes. MS also played Machello in "Holiday".
      Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Who initially did Thor's voice in the earlier seasons? I don't think it was always Michael Shanks. Interesting to note that in "Fragile Balance" as per the Gateworld episode guide info, it was at one point going to be Odin instead of Loki in that episode. Maybe we'll finally see Odin nearing the end of the series!

Really, the Asgard have become good at bluffing -- ever since that whole Protected Planets Treaty thing and perhaps even before that. I wouldn't be surprised if Thor WAS Odin, or if they were using a scheme similar to the handmaids in Star Wars Episode I to hide their true ruler...
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

The voice of Thor, and the design of him has changed a little bit over the course of the series.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I'm pretty sure every episode credited MS as the voice of Thor.

Also, Chris Judge did the voice of the Unas in Demons and the giant alien in Crystal Skull.

Comment

Hm, that's strange because Thor sounded different during earlier episodes. Maybe it's because they were improving the computer voice-changing effects too.

Oh yeah, the Thor computer graphics look HORRIBLE in earlier seasons, especially when he walks, but I mean that in a cute way.

What's that episode again where a Goa'uld cargo ship crashes and you can see computer-generated debris and rocks fly over the lower-left side of the screen? If you look carefully, some of the rocks DISAPPEAR into thin air *poof* like that!

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version

Comment

Originally posted by Torley
                Hm, that's strange because Thor sounded different during earlier episodes. Maybe it's because they were improving the computer voice-changing effects too.

Oh yeah, the Thor computer graphics look HORRIBLE in earlier seasons, especially when he walks, but I mean that in a cute way.

What's that episode again where a Goa'uld cargo ship crashes and you can see computer-generated debris and rocks fly over the lower-left side of the screen? If you look carefully, some of the rocks DISAPPEAR into thin air *poof* like that!
                Thor was a puppet! Always! Except when walking, which was only twice I believe (Fair Game and Small Victories)

And don't make fun of one of my favourtie crashes of all time! (It's Last Stand BTW)

Comment

OHHH was that the one... thanks... haha... well it was a good crash, but I just found it odd -- I thought my eyes were imagining things at first. But, you know, pop rocks. Haha.

Comment

I'm sure MS has always been the voice of Thor since he made his appearance as a Roswell Grey. However, I just checked my copy of Thor's Chariot and there is no voice credit for Thor given anywhere...

I believe Martin Wood said something in the Revelations commentary about Teryl Rothery being the body double for Heimdall for the CG markers...something about her being about the same size as an Asgard.
                    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                    once done, cannot be undone...
                    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                      I'm sure MS has always been the voice of Thor since he made his appearance as a Roswell Grey. However, I just checked my copy of Thor's Chariot and there is no voice credit for Thor given anywhere...

I believe Martin Wood said something in the Revelations commentary about Teryl Rothery being the body double for Heimdall for the CG markers...something about her being about the same size as an Asgard.
                      rofl - ohh I so cant wait for my box sets to arrive (im getting 4 and five within the next two weeks)
                      i'm gonna be spending far too much time listening to the commentaries.
                      but yes, in heros it struck me when Janet was in her cams how very very tiny she is.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                        Unholy Goa'uld dung! That explains Heimy's style of walking!!

Comment

Yah, she looked funky walking, haha...
                          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Working...
                          X