Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha ha, I can see the day...."Give it up or we blow you up..." that's what he'll say.
    O'Neill: Right, Carter you can fix it right?
    Carter: Uh, I don't know sir...
    O'Neill: What?!!??
    -From Red Sky

Comment

hes probibly going to play with his statues like in the lowdown.

Comment

I doubt Jack had much trouble getting Sam promoted, I mean he did just save the galaxy from the replicators.... AGAIN

As for tests, while I'm not in the Air Force, I would imagine playing a part in saving the world and galaxy from destruction multiple times would play a part in the decision for promotion

(they said in the episode the president himself certified her promotion btw)

Comment

I place a vote that Jack will hold his position, and responsibility very well.
          Its a chance he's been finally given, and now he has many choices to make.
          Even though with so many changes, he's still Jack, and fun as always.

Comment

Jack did not promote Sam. He had orders from the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the President telling him to do so. As for a "test" for a promotion... that's only for enlisted personnel, not officers. Officers are given promotions after selected by a promotions board and approved by the President.

Living life in the "other" Vancouver.

Comment

Yeah, Sam just got promoted (again) because there wasn't a Colonel. Although she isn't Colonel yet
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Revan
                hes probibly going to play with his statues like in the lowdown.
                That brings to mind that scene from Space Balls when Lord Helmet is caught playing with his action figures. I can just see some important people from the Pentagon walking in on General Jack playing with some Simpsons dolls.
                Fitness Buddies

Comment

lol Maybe Jack will enjoy his little toys in his office
                  __

__

Comment

I too become a bit uneasy with Jack semingly always playing the dolt. I find myself constantly questioning how he EVER became a Colonel, let alone a General. And I agree with the previous poster....whitty is funny, stupid is not. There's too much siliness from Jack to be believable as an officer of ANY military.

Comment

But then again, it's not his knowledge that gets him there, it's his skills, training and field battle
                      __

__

Comment

Perhaps Jack's seeming dumb is a conscious act? A "device" to get others offgaurd or reveal what they otherwise might not?

To seem more approachable? Notice how when the character has to, or is driven to, he is concise and makes things happen. He does cut to the chase, I like that about the character.

I did not know what to make of his comment of "All my life I have been sticking it to the man, now I am the man..."

Having been in the Military, not much man sticking opportunity there, and anything O-4 and above, you are the "man" or authority and have to go along to get along.

So was he monkey wrenching the works his entire career? he he he
                        "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

Agreed. O'Neill certainly deserves his roles even though he isn't exactly 'smart'
                          __

__

Comment

Also I did read that, intentional or otherwise, (most likely the former) O'Neill being General and not being in every episode; dovetails nicely with Anderson's reduced shooting schedule.

I think he has opted, logically, to spend more time with family, etc. The actor has a young or new child perhaps?
                            "Let's make it TEN. Ten's a nice...round...number..." -- Morty

Comment

I agree. He has a young daughter that he wants to be around
                              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Chirp
                                Can Gen. Jack O'Niell do that? just promote Sam with out a test. I thought that you are reqwired to take test every so often as to get promoted. I think!!! How do Teal'c and Daniel get promoted they deserve a promotion too, or do they just get raises? Is Teal'c promotion alowing him to live off base?
                                Military promotions are based on evaluations/reviews. Given the secret nature of the Stargate program promotion of the military involved may not be like normal ones.

Teal'c and Daniel aren't in the military so promoting them isn't a consideration.

Comment

Working...
                                X