This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mio
    Doesn't need an explanation. Wormhole travel is instantaneous from the perspective of a traveller. The effect is merely for our enjoyment, and doesn't exist in the stargate universe.
    Well yes, the traveller wouldn't see it but that doesn't mean that the effect doesn't exist. I believe the effect they show is one that a person would see if they could travel through the wormhole as their solid matter form instead of energy.

HERMIOD: 'Crap' indeed.

Comment

While I do miss the old wormhole effect from SG-1, I'm not falling to pieces or anything over its being replaced. The new effect at least looks decent, so it is one change I can live with. Love the new one-minute intro by the way.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        Well thats just one big continuity **** up.

no call it a correlitive (sp?) update all gate endure. now when they connected to the pegasus galaxy (since those stargates are newer) MW stargates were upgraded

Comment

No, that doesn't have anything to do with it.
          sigpic
          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

yes it does

Comment

Originally posted by Hermiod
              Well yes, the traveller wouldn't see it but that doesn't mean that the effect doesn't exist. I believe the effect they show is one that a person would see if they could travel through the wormhole as their solid matter form instead of energy.
              No one really knows what the inside of a wormhole would look like--or even if it would be visible at all, as the 'tunnel' is just a model scientists use to comprehend the reality of what in reality would be a shape of four or more dimentions and completely outside human exprerience, thus, artistic license can be taken pretty far with the wormhole. In fact, I liked the old wormhole for SG1 because it was more origional than most wormhole effects in TV and movies.

But why worry about such a frivolous piece of visual candy. Just because a bit of visual fluff, particularly on that the characters never see is a little different does not change the quality of the show. I like both SG1 and Atlantis for interesting stories, good acting, and, yes, for the visual effects, and a different, but pretty much equal quality graphic replaced in something that pretty much just kills time isn't going to change any of that.

Comment

I always thought the Stargate wormholes were kinda meh... loved Farscape's wormholes much more. But that doesn't bug me because the rest of the shows are always flippin awesome.

Comment

On the SG-1 1-minute credits it's blatantly obvious that the size and shape of the wormhole has changed - but they have kept it blue! I think that as long as the SG-1 one remains blue, and the Atlantis one green, I'll be happy.
                  //

O'Neill: Phasers?
                  Carter: Sorry sir.

HAPPY 40TH STAR TREK!! LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

Comment

Thought it was more of a continuity error that the Atlantis one was green, especially when they were going from Earth to Atlantis, this is better especially since the old SG1 effect is over 11 years old and it really is noticiable when you are watchin say a Season 8 ep and they go through the gate...it does seem out of place

Comment

I think it was a bad decision- prior to SG-1, Stargate was most famous for it's "jump to lightspeed with attitude" sequence, which led it to be a staple audio demo for home theater systems and the like.

It also doesn't make sense that they'd change the wormhole effect without a story-based explaination because we've previously seen variations of the wormhole effect to represent a "special" wormhole like the slight rainbow effect added to it in The Fifth Race for the wormhole to the Asgard galaxy.

Comment

Working...
                      X