Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eh, go figure. Everyone has their own opinion. I will just wait to see it myself
    Kerri

Take another journey....

Scribal Traditions: SG-1 Fanfiction, Livejournal, and more.

Comment

People seem to like being critical of SG-1, but it's my personal experince that if I get someone to actually sit down and watch a good episode of SG-1? They're hooked. It's hard to do that with most other Sci-Fi.

I think a lot of "hard core" Sci-Fi fans hate the fact that SG-1 has fun with it's self.

Comment

Originally posted by catscan
        People seem to like being critical of SG-1, but it's my personal experince that if I get someone to actually sit down and watch a good episode of SG-1? They're hooked. It's hard to do that with most other Sci-Fi.
        People I've talked to tend to think SG-1 is some crappy nerd show without even having seen it. What's so frustrating is that in a lot of cases they're people who would probably love it if they ever gave it a try.
        Last edited by Ugly Pig; 05 July 2004, 05:15 AM. Reason: Cleaned up some mess...
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

this just spoiled me so good!!! i'm positive i'm gonna love the opener!!!! I'm already loving it. Everything is going just like i wanted it to go!!!

Comment

The pre-advance clips and avdertising has been a bit much as far as I've heard, and I doub Sky will do this much
            __

__

Comment

I still say it's going to rule. It looks like it's going to rule, and hey. It's two hours of Stargate SG-1. I'd watch a two-hour version of "Grace" if it were more SG-1. No, actually, I... well... I don't know.
              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Just in WHSMITH and flicking through the various cult magazines and i saw am amazing photo from i think the premier of a supersoldier stepping through the gate and attacking the sgc as teal'c stares in disbelief and an airman is sent flying. only small thing i know but it looked brilliant, like a scene out of Terminator 3 if it had been done well. i have high hopes for this season.

Comment

SPOILER! regarding the scene described in the previous post

I believe that scene is from Avatar, the fifth episode of the season.
                  Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I never listen to critics...for one, I got a kick out of this one last year when the season opener occurred...the article told about how SG-1 would never last because they have no writing talent and just copy things from Lucas' Star Wars...now of course this was the episode where Carter and O'neill flew into the inside of Anubis' ship and destroyed the power core much like in RotJ...even citing O'neill's comment, "I thought we were going with Red Leader on this one..." as proof that SG-1 sucks......now, I laughed at this because it was obvious from the start that this person had never seen the show before or they would know that SG pokes fun at all Sci-fi...it was great

Comment

Critics get paid to find the negative in everything.
                      Unless they have a biased opinion on something.
                      It feels good to be alive.
                      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

That's the entire idea of them. They just dis everything that people do
                        __

__

Comment

The thing I love about stargate is that they make fun of the same old Sci-Fi cliches while following them. They don't try to hide the cliches, they love to laugh at them. Like how Shrek makes fun of the typical fairy tale formula. Stargate is also great at continuity, unlike other scifi shows **cough enterprise cough**. Stargate is a terrific show, besides I never agreed with the reviewers at TV Guide anyway.

Comment

I don't put too much stock into reviews especially regarding Science Fiction, where most shows are an acquired taste.

I find that I disagree with most of what TV Guide says, so I tend not to look at it much.

Comment

TV Guide has Matt Roush... and Matt Roush doesn't like stargate... so I don't like TV Guide.

Comment

Hahaha... interesting sense of logic.
                                Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
                                more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Working...
                                X