Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am SOOOO happy I just got my new "Threads" in the mail.
    I have been watching SG-1 DVDs in order from Season 1-8, and as luck would have it, I am in Season 8. I just finished watching Full Alert, so now I can finish watching 8 in order and see the new Threads.
    Whoo Hoo!
    Thanks to everyone here for help in figuring out the rebate (and letting me know it existed)

I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
    Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

So I should wait on the slim-disc release to get the full version or risk getting the current set? With the deadline coming up, I'd like to know soon as it's either get it now or get the slim set when it comes out.

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
        So I should wait on the slim-disc release to get the full version or risk getting the current set? With the deadline coming up, I'd like to know soon as it's either get it now or get the slim set when it comes out.
        If you already have the Season 8 set, all you need to do is send in the proof of purchase with the paperwork from checkmyrebate.com. All that will cost you is postage.
        If you are thinking about buying Season 8 but don't have it yet, that is your call. If you buy the larger box version, it should have the updated (full) version of "Threads" included. I am pretty sure they corrected the problem, since others here have said they bought Season 8 and the full version was there. If you wait and buy the slim box version, it will also have the full version of "Threads," and it is my understanding that the slim box version will be less expensive.
        Many of us here bought Season 8 soon after it came out, not realizing that it was the shortened version of "Threads" that was included.

Uhm, I hope this answers your question!

Comment

Originally posted by Teelie
          It's up to you to wait if you wish, but I would if I were you, since the packaging is changing.

Comment

Thnks. I only bought the first 7 seasons last month though I've been watching the series since around season 3. Had I known the slim editions were going to be coming out, I would've waited on getting them instead.

I forgot to mention one reason I'm not sure about getting the slim set is I have also heard they may be releasing seasons 9+ in the current box format as well as the confirmed slim sets but I haven't seen any new information on that, which was shaky to begin with.

Comment

Am I hopelessly out of luck, since I just bought my Season 8 yesterday from Best Buy, thinking that they couldn't possibly still be selling the DVDs with the short version of Threads? Boy was I wrong and I'm not pleased at all! Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do to get the real Disc 5? I never saw it in stores until yesterday, because I thought they had been recalled until they could release them correctly, so I couldn't have bought it before MAR31.

Comment

I think I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by EricAr
                  Am I hopelessly out of luck, since I just bought my Season 8 yesterday from Best Buy, thinking that they couldn't possibly still be selling the DVDs with the short version of Threads? Boy was I wrong and I'm not pleased at all! Does anyone have a suggestion what I can do to get the real Disc 5? I never saw it in stores until yesterday, because I thought they had been recalled until they could release them correctly, so I couldn't have bought it before MAR31.
                  That sucks! I was also sure that the problem had been fixed by now since I know people who recently bought the Season 8 box and got the long version. There may be a way either to return it or contact the makers. Is there a 800 number anywhere on the box or an email address for customer service? That is definitely their gaffe as they were supposed to have that problem fixed by now.

Comment

It's still occuring with the large boxed sets? It may depend on whether the older sets have been completely sold yet. I do believe that when the newer slim sets are introduced, the corrected version of Threads will be in it. I still don't have any SG-1 sets, and I intend to wait until June, when the newer sets are introduced to get SG-1.

Comment

I love the long version of "Threads!!!!!"

I didn't have SciFi for the second half of Season 8, so I wasn't able to watch the last 10 episodes until the box set came out. Therefore, I didn't realize there was a longer version of "Threads." I sent in for the long version and got it in the mail Friday. I finally watched it last night. I can't believe what a difference it makes. I was a little confused the first time I watched "Threads" because a lot of the stuff was only through the newspaper and Daniel's point of view.

Comment

With the remainder of Season 8 about to go through syndication, I will see Reckoning, Part II next week, and then Threads after that. I'll end up seeing the shortened version first, but I won't mind, knowing I'll get the Season 8 set soon enough.

Why won't this lousy semester end already?

But, hey, gotta do work. It's important.

Anyway, the new sets, from the images that I have seen so far tell me that the new sets will be nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey23

I didn't have SciFi for the second half of Season 8, so I wasn't able to watch the last 10 episodes until the box set came out.
                          How did you ever survive not seeing them?

Comment

Does anyone have a phone number, or a reliable MGM/Sony contact that can tell me where I can get the correct Disk 5? I'd really like to know when I can buy the Season 8 set that has the real Disk 5, as I'm about to take the defective box set back to Best Buy.

Comment

Originally posted by EricAr
                              Does anyone have a phone number, or a reliable MGM/Sony contact that can tell me where I can get the correct Disk 5? I'd really like to know when I can buy the Season 8 set that has the real Disk 5, as I'm about to take the defective box set back to Best Buy.
                              I'd try BestBuy first to be honest. You should be able to find out within an hour if you can swap it out or not. If you haven't opened it (but I'm assuming you did to find out it's the shortened version), you can get your money back....since you did open it, they will only allow you to swap it for another set...which may still be a shortened version. To swap it out, you'll have to state it was a defective disc, as BestBuy seems to be absolutely clueless about this rebate from SONY/MGM, and mentioning the rebate will most likely only complicate matters. I'm fairly certain going to BestBuy won't pan out for you, but it doesn't hurt to try.

However, all is not lost....read the fine print from CheckMyRebate.com:
                              RECEIVE: BY MAIL YOUR REPLACEMENT STARGATE DVD

SEND: (1) THIS COMPLETED CERTIFICATE.
                              (2) THE ENTIRE JEWEL CASE AND DVD (OR)
                              (3) THE ORIGINAL PROOF OF PURCHASE FROM YOUR PACKAGING.

***ALL REQUESTS FOR THE REPLACEMENT DVD MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN 4/30/2006. **THIS OFFER CANNOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFERS.
                              Notice here where it does not say anything about a receipt, so purchasing it after March 31st should still make you eligible in theory. All you need to do (and this is exactly what I did to receive mine) is send the completed form with the UPC code from the jewel case label (I sent the UPC code from the jewel case as well as the one on the outside of the box set just in case), and voila!, you should be good to go. So as long as you have all that in the mail and postmarked by April 30th, you should be all set. I don't think the online registration for the rebate stopped after March 31st, but if it did, I would think that would be your only stumbling block.

I'd advise against sending the entire jewel case and dvd, you don't need to send it, and if it gets lost in the mail....

Send me an email if you get stuck...and I'll try to help you out.

Anyway, don't dilly-dally, you only have a few days to get this done.......Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ancientalliance
                                How did you ever survive not seeing them?
                                It was not easy! I just didn't know anybody that had SciFi and liked Stargate at that point. Man, I missed SOOOO much at the end of Season 8 like this awesome "Threads"! I watched it Sunday night in my room and yesterday my Mom asked me what I was watching that had me laughing so loudly. Apparently I was not as quiet as I thought. For example, for whatever reason, Daniel's question, "No syrup?" to Oma had me laughing outloud for a long time!

Comment

Working...
                                X