the first prior (avalon 2, origin), he was so calm in every scene

and the administrator prior
      =========================
      these are all the priors:

the first prior we met:
      Mark Houghton, appeared at the end of Avalon part 2 and in Origin

the first prior in the milky way galaxy, the one who burned himself:
      Larry Cedar, appeared in Origin

the administrator/prior, was the administrator in Avalon, part 2 and Origin, became a prior at the end of Origin, returned for The Powers That Be and The Fourth Horseman, part 1
      Greg Anderson, one of the most popular priors

the prior in Beachhead, played by Ian Butcher

and then finally, the cancer man prior, William B. Davis, appearing in Babylon and The Fourth Horseman, part 2

further there is also:
      the Doci (Julian Sands), the head of the priors
      appeared in Origin, and returned (stock footage) briefly in The Fourth Horseman, part I

and
      heavy spoiler warning for The Fourth Horseman!
      Spoiler:
      Gerak prior (Louis Gosset Jr)
      http://gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/910_04.jpg

Comment

Definately the cigarette smoking man, but I liked Larry Cedar as the first prior we saw, I would like to see him again. Liked how his performance was creepy, but Mitchell's reaction to smoky was great and made the prior's prescence that much more awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichton
          it's a tie between "warlock" and "the cigarette smoking man."
          I vote "warlock."
          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

def the first prior, he played the role sooo well, the way he spoke, the movement, very spooky, hope we see him again.

Comment

the prior from Beachead was cool as well
              Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
              Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
              Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
              Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
              Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

I'd have to stick with the administrator/prior, at least for now. I can't wait though to see more of the ciggarette-smoking prior, though. I might have to change my mind after I do.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

This post contains spoilers from Avalon Part 2, Origin, The Powers That Be, Beachhead, Babylon, The Fourth Horseman Part 1, and The Fourth Horseman Part 2.

Spoiler:
                  1) Prior #3 ("Administrator")-Greg Anderson-By far the coolest Prior. He truly believes and enjoys what he does, and plays creepy pretty well. He's not just a vessel, empty of emotions, he truly cares for what he believes in and is willing to fight for it.
                  2) Prior #1 ("Creepy Fellow")-Mark Houghton-Gotta love this guy. He played creepy so well. He truly believed in the Ori, and wasn't so much intent on killing and converting everyone. He just seemed to be a messenger, though he didn't seem too evil. He certainly was creepy.
                  3) Prior #6 ("Gerak")-Louis Gossett Jr.-What a *******! I love the entrance he made at the end of Fourth Horseman, and judging from how he was before he was a Prior, he should end up being very interesting as a Prior.
                  4) Doci #1 ("Mr. Neckpiece")-Julian Sands-He's pretty creepy too, especially when he got possessed and all. Like Greg Anderson's Prior, this guy truly believes in what he does and is willing to argue his cause, but he hasn't done anything really cool yet.
                  5) Prior #5 ("Cancer Man")-William B. Davis-He hasn't done much yet, but he sure looks creepy! Judging from The Fourth Horseman Part 2 photos, he'll get a nice part in that episode. I think I'll like him.
                  6) Prior #2 ("Goofy")-Larry Cedar-As my little nickname for him implies, this guy just kinda seemed too weird for me. He didn't scare me too much, and I was kind of glad when he burned to death.
                  7) Prior #4 ("Enchanter")-Ian Butcher-His part was too small for me to like him, but I suppose he served his purpose.

All in all the Priors and the Doci are cool folks. At the moment two on the list are dead: Ian Butcher's Prior and Larry Cedar's Prior. We haven't heard from Mark Houghton's Prior, but Louis Gossett's Prior and Greg Anderson's Prior are still heavily featured. I'm sure we'll hear from the Doci again, too. As I said, William B. Davis should be showing up soon.
                  Beyond the Horizon Lies the Gateway to a New Galaxy
                  Stargate Horizon, Co-Executive Producer
                  Latest Episode: 4.06 - "Eden"
                  Stargate Destiny, Fan
                  Latest Episode: 1.20 - "Alliances, Part One"

Comment

I'm loving how the Priors look throughout the first half of the season. The make-up work is just so amazing. But, I think my favorite Prior is Mark Houghton, the first Prior we saw in Avalon and Origin that Revived Vala back to life. I loved his calmness and attitude. He just seemed so far into deep thought. It's a shame that he is just a pawn to the Ori. He doesn't even seem like he's capable of being pawned.

Last edited by TheLastSunset; 09 October 2005, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLastSunset
                      I'm loving how the Priors look throughout the first half of the season. The make-up work is just so amazing. But, I think my favorite Prior is Mark Houghton, the first Prior we saw in Avalon and Origin that Revived Vala back to life. I loved his calmness and attitude. He just seemed so far into deep thought. It's a shame that he is just a pawn to the Ori. He doesn't even seem like he's capable of being pawned.

He's my favorite Ori too

Comment

Working...
                      X