This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy Grail (Some Spoilers)

Incase you don't know what the Holy Grail is, its the cup that Jesus Christ Used at the last supper. Or if you've read 'The Da Vinci Code' it's Jesus and Mary Magdalen Kid. Either way its still a Religious thing (Even though the book is serpose to be fiction). So does this mean Stargates gonna get all Christian/Catholic are a creation of the Ancients on us?

In the upcoming ep 'Camalot' SG-1 travils to a village called Camalot, wear they belive that Arthur will return with the Holy Grail, now thats fair anuff that they are Christian/Catholic, but from that do you think theres a chance that SG-1 will find the Holy Grail, and that it will be some sorter healing Device, or weapon?
    The Doctor: [leafing through a teen magazine] That won't last. He's gay and she's an alien.

Carter: You saying that it could be boobytraped?
    Teal'C: Booby?

May the Force Be With You

...it shall be a weapon...

...thus said Calicto...

i bet im wrong

Comment

Oh no.

They're going all religious on us?

Sorry, but I prefer my faith to be in my prayers, not my SciFi shows.

Hmm...maybe I've overlooked the option of getting a social life in place of being a total Stargate freakazoid..(freakazoids on Stargate are cool, but I'm starting to question my loyalties here.. )

*sigh* Now what will I do instead of algebra XD
      - Miz

Proud Samandan (blue jello all the way!! )

Proud Anti-S9 Forumer (Pro-Original SG-1)

SG-1
      Not your average world-saving squad!!

Comment

i think what will happen is right when there about to get it, all of a sudden the police show up and arrest them on murder charges
        My DVD Collection http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.ht...id=deathshadow

Comment

just another bad idea as the show goes down hill as the writers get lazy and waste the shows potential....

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
            just another bad idea as the show goes down hill as the writers get lazy and waste the shows potential....
            Aint it the truth! They could have used something original like urgaratic mythology instead of this king arthur stuff.... at least we got Atlantis

The Ultimate Tech thread, for more discussions on FTL, ZPE, and pie

Relativity Q & A - Got questions? Want answers? Me too, but i got some answers too

Click this link to visit the place for my ideas and experiments to hide

Comment

The gateworld spoilers say it's a weapon. If so, then the "Holy Grail" that Arthur was searching for would have nothing to do with the actual Holy Grail from the Last Supper. Christianity will be neatly sidestepped.

Comment

Depending upon which legend you've read, Arthur sends his knights out to search for the Holy Grail to heal a wound suffered in battle. In doing this he hopes to heal himself and Excalibur.

There is a legend where one who drinks from it will be restored to full health and everlasting life.

So if the religious connotation is there (Christ like), then it's through the subtext of the storyline. IMHO

Comment

Perhaps its an even stronger version of the telchak device from S7s Evoloution.
                  Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Let me get this straight, you people are fine with them coverign other religion's and myth's and using them as plot devices (such as the Goa'uld and Asgard) but as soon as they move onto your religion (Which has been touched on before btw) you all get cranky and say its the writers being lazy and all that

Jeez...you guys need to think

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                      Let me get this straight, you people are fine with them coverign other religion's and myth's and using them as plot devices (such as the Goa'uld and Asgard) but as soon as they move onto your religion (Which has been touched on before btw) you all get cranky and say its the writers being lazy and all that

Jeez...you guys need to think
                      not at all. the series built on the idea of the Egyptian gods being aliens by using the names of other gods as other goa'uld and they expanded it to encompass other religions. but they never, never used the mythos of the religions as storylines exceot in the most super ficial way. but now they are just taking tired old and cliched story lines like the Quest for the Holy Grail, merlin, etc. instead of getting creative. the whole sword from the stone thing in Avalon was just pathetic. Thats all they could come up with? the ancients, with all their wisdom and technology. the ancients that built repositories of knowledge that scan for specific genes to see if they are advanced enough. the Ancients that recreated life in the entire galaxy and figured out ascension. their final test to unlock the store house that contains the true story of their origins and a device to connect back to their old galxy, the final test is a sword fight with a knight in shining armor?!? its that kind of stuff that has just gotten pathetic.

Comment

But a lot of Stargate is cliche, thats why we love it so much. I have to say that anyone who thinks talkin about religion should be stopped sould think about what Egyptian mythology is, just religion that is no longer practiced. The whole idea of moving into Arthurian myth was a risky but well chosen idea. A new enemy needs a new background myth to accompany it. yay for Merlin!
                        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
                          But a lot of Stargate is cliche, thats why we love it so much. I have to say that anyone who thinks talkin about religion should be stopped sould think about what Egyptian mythology is, just religion that is no longer practiced. The whole idea of moving into Arthurian myth was a risky but well chosen idea. A new enemy needs a new background myth to accompany it. yay for Merlin!

Ok. In the movie at the lecture there were two statements by the members, one was did aliens build the pyrmids and men from Atlantis. And since the movie is where all canon flows, Egytpian myth and Ra's race were dying.

Now one could say it's either Gou'ald/Ancients, but where does it say anything about Arthur/Merlin/Holy Grail?

Comment

Originally posted by LaCroix
                            Ok. In the movie at the lecture there were two statements by the members, one was did aliens build the pyrmids and men from Atlantis. And since the movie is where all canon flows, Egytpian myth and Ra's race were dying.

Now one could say it's either Gou'ald/Ancients, but where does it say anything about Arthur/Merlin/Holy Grail?
                            actually canon does not flow from the movie. movie canon is a tottaly different canon and show canon supercedes it.

Comment

I dont mind this religion thing as long as they dont take the mick its ok.
                              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Working...
                              X