X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need J. Blalock on the Jaffa Council?

I t would give Teal'c a nice ally.

I like the lady thats already there. She can be Teal'c and Bra'tecs ally.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I think jolene blalock would be too expensive and not available enough for small guest spots.

Comment

I agree - the current woman is fine
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Need J. Blalock on the Jaffa Council?
          erm...whos J. Balock
          The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Originally posted by Eoin
            erm...whos J. Balock
            The actress who plays Ishta
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

thanx ... was she in one of the star treks?

Comment

There can only be one woman?

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel
                  That seems a bit unfair(and a bit sexist from TPTB)...we should demand more women to be placed on the jaffa council

Comment

thanx ... was she in one of the star treks?
                    Enterprise
                    Originally posted by MarshAngel
                    Thats not what I am saying Blalock would cost a fair bit and they should spend the money on something else if she is only going to appear in council scenes

I would be very happy if they did another Teal'c/Ishta ep
                    love Torri

Comment

It would be nice to see Jolene back but I doubt we will as a member of the council. The woman already on the council has Moloch's tatto, and I'm guessing (but could be soooooooo wrong) that there's one representative from each "faction" of Jaffa.

Before you all say it, yeah Teal'c and Bra'tac are both ex-Apophis Jaffa, but they have special dispensation because they are both bloodkin to all Jaffa. Oh and Teal'c acts as a liason to Earth too......

p.s. when you read Ms Blalocks name do you all think of the Dolly Parton song "Jolene".........or is it just me????

Comment

Originally posted by Qasim
                        Enterprise Thats not what I am saying Blalock would cost a fair bit and they should spend the money on something else if she is only going to appear in council scenes

I would be very happy if they did another Teal'c/Ishta ep
                        Actually I'm not accusing you of saying that it's just that it kind of sounds like the only way another woman, such as but not exclusive to Jolene Blalock, could appear on the council would be at the expense of the current one.

I'm just reminding everyone that there is always the option of adding to rather than exchanging for. No need to narrow the possibilities.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

it's my impression that there's one representative from each faction or group or each system lord's jaffa, and that woman is the rep for Ishta's people.

and yeah, it's probably a cost issue. however, i for one like it. having it be ishta would steal too much from the other drama. i like that this woman is just someone (although she is one of ishta's people, i remember her from those eps)

she does seeem to be a voice of reason and a calming influence (or simply recognizes when to separate all the testosterone)
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That seems a bit unfair(and a bit sexist from TPTB)...we should demand more women to be placed on the jaffa council
                            Erm, the Jaffa are the epitome of male-dominated cultures. The entire group screams out for male-centric typecasting. The fact that they have one woman on the council to me is a sign of major PROGRESS. Any others would be too out of character.

All IMO of course.

Comment

I don't wanna see her on the council, but I would have liked to see what happened to them when the Jaffa were freed. And now with the Ori to turn them it would be nice to see what path they take.
                              Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Working...
                              X