This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ori... Ascended Wraith!?!

I cant help but notice the cliché, the Wraith ‘feed’ on lower beings to gain power and strength. So to the Ori now we learn need there followers for power. I think the reason we can not understand who the Ori are and where they fit in the “Enlightenment spectrum” is because we are comparing them to the Ancients, we should be looking at them as a totally new race. (after all, the Ori are made of fire, and the Alterans are made of light)

Well Orlin said
    Spoiler:
    they are the same race
    and I would think he would know, but I guess I could be wrong.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Spoliers BEWARE........................

Spoiler:
      I thought Orlin said they were a DIFFERENT humanoid race that was around at the sametime and on the same level of advancement as the Alterrans. And that they were more religious and anti tech.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Nope same race
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Orlin says:
          Spoiler:
          "all long time ago the Ori and the Alterans were one society, human, on and evolutionarily path to ascendtion. But a philosophical division grew. The ori grew more and more fervent in their religious belief...."
          then he says something about the Alterans believing in science yada, yada, yada.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Did'nt he say the ascended differently or to a different plane of existance?....I was half asleep when I watched it
            the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
            Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Hrm. Well, the Alterans and Ori are definitely either the same species or possibly subspecies. The comparison between the Wraith and Ori is rather faulty anyway, as the Wraith require life energy to survive after a certain point and therefore will die without procuring such. The Ori, on the other hand,
              Spoiler:
              have become drunk on the power of their worshippers. It furthers enhance the already god-like powers that ascension has given them and makes them just that much more dangerous. To make a comparison that might be understandable, it's apt to Ra in the movie taking the nuclear bomb and planning to ship it back to Earth with Naquada to enhance the explosion a hundred times. The Ori, after ascending, were the nuclear weapon and the naquada lies within their worshippers. [Does that make any sense at all?]
              Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1. And on that base he had a Ba'al, SG SG-1. With a Ba'al, Ba'al here and a Ba'al, Ba'al there, here a Ba'al there a Ba'al, everywhere a Ba'al Ba'al. Old McNeill had a base, SG SG-1!
              [Don't ask. Please.]

Comment

the ori and alterrans are the same just seperated by beliefs only

Comment

yea the alterans and ori are the same race. and yea i think the ori are on a different plain of exhistence than the alterans because:
                  1-the ori would have already tried to take out the alterans with their higher power due to their followers and...
                  2- they are fiery orbs that must posses people in order to communicate to others. the alterans are white masses that can take any form they wish to us so as to communicate. so i think either can appear on our plain of exhistance but they exhist differently. their differnt beliefs led them down different paths and thus to different "netherealms" if u will. like the difference of following God and ascending to heaven or being satanic and goin to hell ( not literally but in some respects its like that)
                  "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

If the orii have enough followers in this galaxy it could give them enough power to destroy the ascended alterrans. Orlin Said if this galaxy fell to the orii it would be bad for everyone. This galaxy has been threatened before and the ancents never got involved. Maybe this is why the others let orlin intefere, for self preservation, the alterrans probably dont want to be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by jakey
                      If the orii have enough followers in this galaxy it could give them enough power to destroy the ascended alterrans. Orlin Said if this galaxy fell to the orii it would be bad for everyone. This galaxy has been threatened before and the ancents never got involved. Maybe this is why the others let orlin intefere, for self preservation, the alterrans probably dont want to be destroyed.
                      i agree..Thats the "only" reason Orlin was allowed to descend and help out the humans. Which is fair because of the Ori advance their Priors. The Ori and Ancients are the same race just for those of you who think they are different.

Comment

epcrules89, Yes that does make sence, quite alot actually.
                        I suspect that the Orii and Ancients, should they duke it out they would be locked in an enternal struggle, if the Milky Way were to fall to the Orii, that would give the Orii enough power to completely overthrow the Ancients and destroy them once and for all. I must say, my opinions on the Orii have definately thrusted into the "They are bad" category, evil bad not bad, bad....[Did, THAT make any sence? lol]

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

then why did he have to descend, if he had permission from the others then he could have been a lot more help as an ascended being??

Comment

he would not be able to comunicate with the sgc easily.

Comment

and he would not have been able to physically intervene he would have had to tell sam step by step how to make the vaccine and that would have taken a lot longer because u kno that the ancients, while letting him descend to help, would not let him help while ascended cause hed just whip up a batch of anti-oori medicine out of nothingness and thats against the "Rules" bigtime.
                              "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

Working...
                              X