This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sg-1 budget?

I'm having this Argument about the budget of Sg-1, season 9 I mean, does anyone know how much it they get as a budget, i'm trying to convert a person who calls stargate cheap...

Also, the budget for Atlantis would be nice

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Don't know how much their budget is, but it's much lower than the budget ENT had
    Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

And what about comparing it to other seasons, do they get more or less?
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I don't know about the exact number but one has to factor in that there are only 20 episodes for both shows and that one of them is a clip show in some form or another to save money. Additionally, plenty of the sets are already built from earlier seasons. I think Stargate is doing an incredible job with the somewhat limited resources.
        I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

I'd have to say it does look like a pretty cheap show. S8 was a prime example of cheapness-in all creative departments.The sheer number of earth based eps was indicative of how cheap they were trying to make it. They hardly used the gate at all. The great battle at the end of Moebius-cut for a fish pond scene!! Pathetic.
          I think the cheapness was a detriment to the show where I'd rather they cancel it than make it look shoddy.
          Last edited by david2708; 18 September 2005, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Cheap? Are u kidding me?

Season 8 had lots of Earth-centered episode but it didn't look cheap at all.
            The budget of season 9 is higher and we got more visual effects... so I don't see anything to complain about.

Mutant X and Andromeda are what I call cheap Sci-fi shows...

Comment

See this: What is the Stargate budget?
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I'd hardly call $1.7 million an episode cheap...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                  I'd hardly call $1.7 million an episode cheap...
                  And yet, I'd call what makes it to screen cheaper looking than in seasons past.

The one area that the show is doing better is in the "space" special effects thanks to cgi, but beyond that, the sets are not what they were.

On the other hand, adding a new lead (Browder), a relatively good name for the SGC commander (Bridges) and some good guest stars (including Gosset) has got to be reasonably pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
                    And yet, I'd call what makes it to screen cheaper looking than in seasons past.

The one area that the show is doing better is in the "space" special effects thanks to cgi, but beyond that, the sets are not what they were.

On the other hand, adding a new lead (Browder), a relatively good name for the SGC commander (Bridges) and some good guest stars (including Gosset) has got to be reasonably pricey.
                    Well, u'm sure they saved up a lot not having RDA around there anymore
                    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

True, but who knows Browder is asking?
                      Non Fui, Fui, Non Sum, Non Curo

Comment

Going on location costs more than staying in the studio.

Shanks, Tapping, and Judge probably started the show with very low salaries because they were "unknowns", but have probably gotten raises as the show has gone on.

Comment

I really appreciate what tptb and everyone else involved with sg-1's production can accomplish with their budget. The show is almost always visually stunning, and its nice to see a lot of on-location shoots again this season.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There's been some cheepness recently in the show that has really been bugging me. For example, did anyone notice in the first part of the Fourth Horseman that when they went to meet the Doci, they used stock footage of the Doci from Origin!? WTF!? Is that fire effect and the Doci's costume that expensive? I've also noticed the same Cheyenne Mountain Complex footage beeing reused as well.

Comment

Read that the Canadian Exchange rate determines how much Stargate gets. The higher it is the less they get, I think.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X