Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if We Can't Beat the Ori? (Speculation)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I'm thinking might happen is that since the Ori are getting worshippers in OUR galaxy, they might become more (at least a little) more powerful than our ancients (since they gain power from draining the life from the unsuspecting worshipers) and try to take them on and rule our galaxy. That would be very interesting.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hybridbabe
      I'm going to repost this from another thread, hope you all don't mind:

Where would the series go if the Ori prove to be more formidable than we thought? What do you think would happen?

And yeah, I know, "The heroes always save the day", and Gaters love that mentality: that SG-1 can kick bad guy butt, put them in their place, and be the heroes. But bear with me for a moment.

What if Sg-1 can't do it? What if the Ori kick our butts?

oh well thats not too hard? using the ancient database - continue research into assencion. then ascend - and do as the ori - force billions to worship us as gods using equivilents of the priors and through prayer power wage war on the ori on all planes of existance.

Comment

LOL- Maybe TPTB are up a creek with no paddle (meaning they can't come up with a probable explanation yet as to how we defeat the Ori)
        Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
        1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
        2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
        3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

A crusade against the Orii won't undo the problem. The Orii, even without believers, cannot be killed bu humans. Look at "our" ascended, no one worships them and yet they are undefeatable.

Ah, I'll also cut & paste from a post I made on another thread, this time from SG1archives...

I don't think they're at war. I think it's been made pretty clear the Ancients, our Ancients, aren't sure it's a war that can be won so they've decided not to get into it. Cowards.

However I dislike the implications of the answer to the second question. They're on the same level of existance. They want more power because they're evil. Somewhat simplistic. Too Goa'uld-ish. Can there be bad guys who don't want power for power's sakes? Please? I mean, there must be a better reason for a bad guy to exist other than show off their utterly cool bad-guy-ish-ness!

I do feel however we're heading off towards an all out Ancient-Orii war. It's the only ultimate end out of this mess. The Orii can't be stopped, and they're way on the road of becoming stronger than the Ancients - so either the Ancients deicde to take them down in the old Vorlon-Shadow manner, or we're all gonna end up as Orii believers and the Ancients would be, miuch like Apophis, dead, dead, dead and gone. IF the Orii become more stronger they would be stronger than the Ancients, and then they won't be able to defend themselves, let along shield our end of the universe. And as Orlin said, that would be bad for just about everyone.

A thought came across. Oma was worshipped, to some extant, by the people who came to reach ascension, her monk, etc. Does this mean she's more powerful than the regular Ascended? Also, if the Orii are already being worshipped by billions of people, aren't thedy already stronger than our Ancients? Perhaps there are more Ancients than Orii, and what's holding the Orii back from striking right now is sheer numbers - they don't want to share power, so they count on the day they'd be stronger than the Ancients, despite lower in numbers? Shouldn't it then be a top priority for Ancients to ascend as many "worthy" beings as possible? As long as they keep the Orii vastly outnumbered, they're safe, sprt of thing?

Where would the series go if the Ori prove to be more formidable than we thought? What do you think would happen?

And yeah, I know, "The heroes always save the day", and Gaters love that mentality: that SG-1 can kick bad guy butt, put them in their place, and be the heroes. But bear with me for a moment.

What if Sg-1 can't do it? What if the Ori kick our butts?
          Actually, no. The thing I've, at least, been enjoying most this season is how we don't win. How sG1 and SGC gets their arse kicked, over and over and over again, and TBH I'm kinda saddened that the only ultimate end for Horseman p.2 would be an Earth victory cos I can't see the entire population of Earth being destroyed in a plague... IMHO that climax was thrown in somewhat too soon, I think that 7 episodes after Origin we're still supposed to be on the losing side, big time.
          So, yes. Obviously, either SG1 or - more probably, IMHO - the Ancients - are going to win this war, at the end of season 10, 11, or however long the show is going to last. It can still be a somewhat losing victory. The way this victory is going to come around can be done in various ways. Some of them would be the heroes saving the day, the others involving major sacrifices out of all big players. (cough, I'm sorry, but might I add about "Gaters", all television shows follow this rule. Especially American television shows. One way or another, the heroes would, eventually, save the day). THe means - and the time - can vary. And I don't think TBTP planned the Orii to be the bad guy for one season, so I can say with fair certainity, we're still going to lose big time before that time comes as we win.

Oh, and if we don't... Hallowed are the Orii!
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

TPTB really seem to have stranded themselves here. Previous enemies and plots involved physical conflict with snake-parasite-people, multiplying robots, and now life-sucking bug-people. Side plots have involved character development and drama, as well as social and religious problems, but only in passing.

The Orii, however, seem to be a much more mature enemy for the SGC. Origin is an idea, an entire religion of fanatical followers, backed up by VERY God-like villians. The writers may have gotten too far into the 'Orii problem.' Now, with T4Horsman, it appears that their foray into some more serious fare has stranded some audiences, and the writers are using the sonic-dampner-thing as an easy way out of this problem.

Who else agrees?
            Jack: I can't remember much, but I have these visions- A large man, with short sleeves and blue pants...

I think his name is...Homer, and he's very important to me...

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry
              A crusade against the Orii won't undo the problem. The Orii, even without believers, cannot be killed bu humans. Look at "our" ascended, no one worships them and yet they are undefeatable.

Ah, I'll also cut & paste from a post I made on another thread, this time from SG1archives...

Actually, no. The thing I've, at least, been enjoying most this season is how we don't win. How sG1 and SGC gets their arse kicked, over and over and over again, and TBH I'm kinda saddened that the only ultimate end for Horseman p.2 would be an Earth victory cos I can't see the entire population of Earth being destroyed in a plague... IMHO that climax was thrown in somewhat too soon, I think that 7 episodes after Origin we're still supposed to be on the losing side, big time.
              So, yes. Obviously, either SG1 or - more probably, IMHO - the Ancients - are going to win this war, at the end of season 10, 11, or however long the show is going to last. It can still be a somewhat losing victory. The way this victory is going to come around can be done in various ways. Some of them would be the heroes saving the day, the others involving major sacrifices out of all big players. (cough, I'm sorry, but might I add about "Gaters", all television shows follow this rule. Especially American television shows. One way or another, the heroes would, eventually, save the day). THe means - and the time - can vary. And I don't think TBTP planned the Orii to be the bad guy for one season, so I can say with fair certainity, we're still going to lose big time before that time comes as we win.

Oh, and if we don't... Hallowed are the Orii!

we? why ya'll keep saying we? we didn't do anything. they (SG1) did not "we".

Comment

Thank you Quakerbone,

Originally posted by Quakerbone
                TPTB really seem to have stranded themselves here. Previous enemies and plots involved physical conflict with snake-parasite-people, multiplying robots, and now life-sucking bug-people. Side plots have involved character development and drama, as well as social and religious problems, but only in passing.

The Orii, however, seem to be a much more mature enemy for the SGC. Origin is an idea, an entire religion of fanatical followers, backed up by VERY God-like villians. The writers may have gotten too far into the 'Orii problem.' Now, with T4Horsman, it appears that their foray into some more serious fare has stranded some audiences, and the writers are using the sonic-dampner-thing as an easy way out of this problem.
                The best way to define the Orii's power is by their worshippers and their living connections to the physical world, and through their idea, Origin. An idea is the hardest thing to kill in this world . To destroy Origin would mean ERASING it from history; so far, noone has ever completely erased an idea.
                Perhaps a more mature enemy requires a more mature response. Thus I call upon Joshua to give us the correct response. "The only correct solution is not play."

That's it. We don't accept the Ori, the priors, and origin on the terms that they have set forth. You don't worry about the Ori, they can't do anything but give there followers technology. You don't try to prove that the Ori are false gods, as may characters in the show have pointed out, one cannot doubt their power. You don't even try to point out the ultimately the Ori are evil. One must simply say - You can believe anything that you want. But if you murder, you will be punished. If you rob, you will be punished. If you go to war we will meet you.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                  we? why ya'll keep saying we? we didn't do anything. they (SG1) did not "we".
                  What are your rooting for the Ori?
                  Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

you fail to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                      you fail to understand.
                      Yes, it would appear,
                      Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Maybe some of us say "we" occasionally, because we feel we are, in some small way, a part of stargate sg-1. It may sound stupid, but I know I do it more than just every now and then.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                          Maybe some of us say "we" occasionally, because we feel we are, in some small way, a part of stargate sg-1. It may sound stupid, but I know I do it more than just every now and then.
                          We also say "we" because the SGC represents humanity's opposition to the Ori.

"We" as in "we humans".

Hey, Fifth Man, how much do you want to bet that the two of us "fail to understand" as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime

"We" as in "we humans".

Hey, Fifth Man, how much do you want to bet that the two of us "fail to understand" as well?
                            Wouldn't be surprised.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How do we beat the ORI ... the Alterans will come to our aid . And Baal who is also on earth will come join forces to beat the ORI.

Comment

Originally posted by Deputy-Assistant-Second-Prime

"We" as in "we humans".

That was the reason I used the word "we". It actually goes back to what Quakerbone said - it's humanity's freedom against the ideas of the Orii. I'm not seeing myself as a part of sG-1, but I lvoe this idea - and identify with what they're doing with it - enough to use the word "we". Sorry, Deputy, you lost your bet!

Oh, and Quakerbone, I agree with everything you said except the writers stranding themselves. Making this about ideas, about not how big your army is, is a fantastic turn for the show and the things you can do with it. So while I did compare this to B5, Stargate has the ability to out-do the show in the idea, because B5 kept it on military-centred victory, except for the end of the war. Stargate has made it clear this is not the answer. And I love this. IMHO.
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X