Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pssst... Wally.... The question is how would you have done S7 differently, not what's your interpretation of the direction of each season.

So what do YOU think? Was s7 perfect? Or were there changes you think could have been made? Would you have just made tweaks here and there or do you have an all-encompassing alternate vision of what S7 could have been? What would you have changed and why?

Maybe go back and read crazedwraith's original post. There are some silly rules you're meant to follow about any changes.

Comment

i would have changed a few things, not to many but still/....

fallen/ homecoming - would have had the team seem happier to see daniel back, and daniel wouldnt have regained his memory so quickly. jonas would have a better send off

fragile balance - mini jack wouldnt have checked the girls out at the end...creepy

orpheus - dealt more with daniels ascension

space race - bit more jack and daniel

avenger - mckay could have dropped by

evolution 1+2 - jack could have cared more about finding daniel

fallout - jonas could have kept the hair gel

chimera - more centred on daniel/osiris

heroes1+2- in a perfect world janet would still be alive but they had to show that people still COULD die, so... but would have showed cassie, and focussed a bit more on daniels guilt...he obviously would have had some

lost city1+2- less sam and jack, bit more jack and daniel...he was too short to him

other than that, i think it was fine!
      Teal'c: Chelnak!
      Daniel: Direct translation: Very cool!

Teal'c: A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The Serpent guard's eyes glow. The Horus guard's beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Jack O'Neill: "Au revoir"... it's French for "ciao"

Daniel Jackson: Can we stop agreeing on how we're gonna die, and start doing something about it?

Comment

How i would have done S7; (These events arent in chronological order)
        - I'd have had McKay instead of felger as well. come on, hes so cool and only got 2 appearances in sg-1
        - Instead of having drone weapons fired at the goa'uld in LC part 2, i would have had a fleet of ancient ships waiting beneath the surface of antarctica that could operate without pilots. (i guess they would've been puddlejumpers)
        - i would have totally erased the episode with the girl who had been living in that cage who was a gould/human hybrid. it seemed so boring. I would have done an episode containing action, action, action, something like a show with a big battle, if not that, something with the nox. theyre kinda cool
        - i would have had the asgard in for another episode. for which one im not sure.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          Some rules were meant to be broken. I'm all for keeping Jonas around and not letting Daniel come back after he made his Ultimate Choice. Corin was happy to be in and Michael wanted out and that should have been that. *sigh* Then again, I wouldn't mind having Daniel back as well... as long as it didn't automatically mean kicking Jonas back through the gate where he came from. .
          I wouldn't object to that happening either maat (whoops I meant matt )

But my idea for this thread wasn't every saying what there perfect wonderful everys just the way i like it season 7 but your ideal season 7 when placed under excatly the same circumstancs as the SG-1 production crew...
          sigpic
          Banner By JME2

Comment

I get to play TBTB for a moment? Lovely.

Not that anything I say is gonna make the slightest bit of difference anyway, because that would require some sort of time machine (and there are never one of those around when you really need one ). But why should such an insignificant detail stand in the way of making some of my wishes known.

In general, and most importantly IMO, there would have been a lot more focus on Daniel's ascension and descension and his memory would not have returned as quickly as it did. He would have had a bit more of a struggle, coping with being back in human form. No shippy scenes. Ba'al would have made a lot of apperances throughout the season, seeing as how he is my favorite Goa'uld. There would have been more of a red thread running through the entire season, and less of a feeling of it, and the team, being somewhat scattered. And Jonas would not have been dropped like a hot potatoe.

But going into it in more detail:

Beware of SPOILERS (just in case):

Fallen/Homecoming: Like I said, Daniel would not have regained his memory that quickly. As much as I enjoyed his scenes with Jonas onboard the ship I did find it a bit odd (not to mention unrealistic) that they would send someone who had just been through... whatever he had been through as an ascended, on such an important mission.

Fragile Balance: I wouldn't change a thing, except for the ending, which I felt was not the way to go. High School? Nuh uh. Just... no. It would have felt much more in character to have Clone!Jack live close to base, working with something related to the Stargate program.

Orpheus: Well, it was a good story for Teal'c and his way of dealing with the loss of his symbiote and it was a good way to incorporate some of Daniel's ascending business into it. But seeing as how Jaffa stories aren't really among my favorites I would have liked to have seen less of a focus on them all in all.

Revisions: Well, this was an okay episode, but it would have been nice to have seen a bit more of the impact this Matrix - like world really had on the inhabitants, after they were released from it. I'm betting there would have been a lot of questioning going on about what kind of person they really were at the core, what with all these rewrites going on. What happened to the people who disappeared from the program? It's fine that we had to fill in some of the blanks for ourselves, but still...

Lifeboat: Wouldn't change a thing, actually. Surprise!

Enemy Mine: Can't think of anything to change here, either.

Space Race: This was fine too, just not all that memorable, unfortunately.

Avenger 2.0: Mostly I just want to forget this episode completely. Felger was fine in The Other Guys but this was just way too much.

Birthright: Well, a little less of an Amazonian feel to it would have been great.

Evolution, part I and II: The cuts between the kidnapping story and the Kull warriors were a bit rough and made the episodes feel a little disjointed. I would have preferred them to each get their seperate storylines, because the scenery was so different that I found myself wondering how it was all going to get tied together in the end. They're in space, no wait, now it's the jungle!

Grace: Won't get into this too much, because most of it belongs in the Ship Discussion thread, but I will say that I was very disappointed with the way Sam was written. Very disappointed, and if there was one episode I could remove from the season entirely, this would be it.

Fall-Out: This was good, we finally got to see Jonas again, so I was more or less happy with it. I think they did a bit of a disservice to the goa'uld storyline by portraying Kianna as an ambivalent goa'uld, mostly because there has been no follow-up to it, and it would have been very interesting to see how her having feelings for Jonas would have affected her... goa'uld-ness. At the end the symbiote acted a lot more like a Tok'Ra than a Goa'uld, even sacrificing herself to save Kianna.

Chimera: Well, this is easy. Focus the storyline on Sarah/Osiris and have her deal with the ramifications of having lived as a host and what she was forced to participate in during that time. Major missed opportunity there.

Death Knell: Umm... More of a real point to the story, really. Good to see Sam get to use her tactical skills but other than that, I didn't really see what the story was all about. Blowing up a Kull warrior?

Heroes, part I and II: Make Janet's death count for something, make it a part of the story, not pushed to the sideline. Don't use Jack as a diversionary tactic when absolutely no one is going to buy his death, anyway. But telling the story behind the cameras of a "news team" was a great twist.

Resurrection: Lose the X-Files angle.

Inauguration: And no clip shows!

Lost City, part I and II: Apart from one or two glitches in the shippy department I thought this was an absolutely spectacular way to end the season. Lots of drama, humour and all the little (and big) things that make Stargate so great!

And I'm done.
            Last edited by Liv; 20 October 2004, 05:33 PM. Reason: Spoiler warning, just in case.
            Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

1) I would NOT have killed Janet.

2) However, if she absolutely HAD to die, I would have brought SOME form or version of Cassie into that final part of the episode, and I would have showed each member of SG-1, including Hammond, having some sort of interaction with her. I'm tired of relying on fic writers to cover that base for me.

3) No less ship, no more ship - I would have just spread it out among the season. I would have put more Death Knellish stuff in the beginning, and all Chimera stuff in the trash can... Nah, just kidding. Chimera can stay...

Comment

I thought the end of season 7 would have been a good way of ending the whole program, and say it had been the end I would have had Jack restored to normal straight away instead of being frozen.
                O'Neill: Thor, buddy!
                Thor: It is I who needs your help.
                Carter: Well what's the problem?
                Thor: I do not know how to program the VCR and "Friends" is on in 5 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Supreme Commander Dave
                  I thought the end of season 7 would have been a good way of ending the whole program, and say it had been the end I would have had Jack restored to normal straight away instead of being frozen.
                  Nah. You had to have the "[insert character, most likely Jack] in Peril" cliffhanger so those of us who do not read spoilers (which is NOT me) would have something to worry about for four months.

PS - I didn't mind Chimera THAT MUCH... I just had to fastforward through some parts...

Comment

Well, first and foremost...Dr Fraiser should have lived!

Secondly, there was too much X-Files consipracy theory in it. Thank god they limited it to a few episodes.

Thirdly .... what the hell was up with replacing Jessica Steen (Dr Weir) only after 2 episodes with Torri Higginson? Hellllooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! The casting director should be fired over that one!

Oh...one more minor point for Aussie viewers.....advertise SG1 better as I missed out on half the episodes as I didn't realise it was being run on Wednesday AND Thursday nights!

Comment

Working...
                    X