Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've thought long and hard about this one. What I would change about Season 7: Kianna's hair. Or Jonas' hair. One or both. They sort of looked like twins and it bugged me. I understand the director's commentary mentioned that.

I'm still sad about the whole Janet issue, but more so for the fact that it was spoiled so early and therefore hung over most of the season (and discussion) until it aired. As a result of that, I'm avoiding most spoilers for S8 (official interviews, episode titles and brief GW synopses only, if that). As far as Heroes, Pt 1&2 is concerned, I thought that was some great TV.

I consider Season 7 done, wrapped, finished, delivered...it is what it is. I'm grateful for it and I enjoyed it. I prefer to think that it's just a TV show...maybe my standards aren't as high as some? The more I think of the kind of organization, skill and talent it takes to pull off a weekly show, the more I admire the entire franchise. I don't regularly watch any other show and I wouldn't survive SG1 if it weren't for a DVR. I imagine that when SG1 and SGA are over - hopefully after many more seasons of either - I'll go back to not watching network/broadcast tv.
    Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
    O'Neill: Who doesn't?
    - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
    - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
    once done, cannot be undone...
    brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
      I consider Season 7 done, wrapped, finished, delivered...it is what it is.
      This is true only up to a point. Stargate SG-1 is, afterall, episodic TV. It can be fixed, changed or butchered in a way that real life can't be. I just read the Robert Cooper interview and it looks like Season 8 is going to turn into the cleaning-house season. TPTB will be attempting to clear out the leftover dust bunnies, spills and junk-filled closets, basement and attic that exist from the previous seven seasons.

The cynic in me, after Season 7 and from so many decades of seeing what passes for common sense and good storytelling on television, interprets Daniel's ascension resolution, apparently planned for the one episode "Lockdown", as an easy way out. They want to wrap that whole controversey up in one quick step so they can forget it ever existed and hope the viewers will accept it. There is such a thing as going too far too fast, even if it is 'just a TV show'.

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
      The more I think of the kind of organization, skill and talent it takes to pull off a weekly show, the more I admire the entire franchise.
      It's very sad when the organization, skill and talent start deteriorating. Stargate SG-1 was not only the best genre series but the highest quality episodic television show currently in production. My qualifying 'was' (IMO) has to do with real life factors that have popped up, starting at the end of Season 6: money and pressure from controlling forces outside the Bridge Studio that have and, I suspect, will inhibit the direction Season 8 takes.

My cynicism comes from seeing too many changes and reset buttons used because of financial/ratings reasons rather than for solid, creative goals over the years. Then, when the great show has been ruined beyond repair, the outside PTB that generated the mess will blame everyone else for the decline and use their 'CANCEL' button to make it all go away.

Yes, it's only an entertaining television show, but when the entertainment 'business' ruins good entertainment for their short-sighted bottom-line, we, the viewers, are the losers.

Comment

Well, for me it would be "Heroes? Do you mean that Season 2 JAG episode, because that's the only Heroes I know?!"

Let's just say, Janet would be alive and kicking at the end of Season 7.

And Teryl would have been in the opening credits *beams*

I also doubt that "Chimera" would have happened... I adore Osiris and I was very disappointed in the fact that we no longer have her to play with. Speaking of female Goa'ulds, I'd have tried my best to get Hathor back... don't ask me how... but I adore both Hathor and Suanne Braun

Also, I disliked the character of Pete. Not because he was Sam's boyfriend, because I didn't really care about that. I just disliked him as a character and if I'd have done Season 7, then if Sam had a guy, he wouldn't have been like Pete. And I certainly wouldn't have had the whole revealing classified information to him at the end *rolls eyes*

*thinks*

I like repercussions, so I think I'd have probably had some form of repercussion from "Lifeboat". Did Daniel remember being trapped in his own body, or is there just a blank? We saw Janet completely lose it... that's not our Janet normally. Especially if Daniel doesn't remember it, then she had the most traumatic experience of them all IMHO, having to actually interact with all these people, all while looking at the body of her friend. Not necessarily making "Lifeboat" a two-parter, but a couple of scences dispersed through the next episode as a "C-plot" perhaps.

Too many episodes were based around one character I thought, so I'd have prefered more team based ones. Even without as much Jack... I loved "Nightwalkers" even though he wasn't in it, and also there was a good reason why he was away.

Janet would get to go off-world for fun. Well, not fun fun, but not as a desperate medical emergency (and especially not one which would get her shot *mumble grumble*)

I do like seeing the team off base in "normal" surroundings, so they'd have been a few of those scattered throughout the season. I can see the scene where Daniel and Teal'c arrive at Jack's house in "The Lost City" with Janet oh so clearly in my mind

And if I have Daniel and Janet growing closer throughout the season.... *smiles and whistles innocently* We Dan/Jan shippers can ship on just about anything, so I'm pretty sure the rest of you would be able to ignore it as you wished....

...Until I throw in Janet's first on-screen kiss for seven years that is *laughs* And as for whether or not she gets... lucky as it was so carefully phrased at SG-7, would be left up to your own interpretation

*bg*

Vicki
        It's All Teryl's Fault!

"To every story there is an end. And a beginning."
        Stargate SG-1: Chrysalis
        Virtual Season 7.5

Comment

so, I'm going to do this in a manner that keeps with the episodes (mostly) with some changes.

Fallen/Homecoming: I'll leave this alone mostly, but Daniel shouldn't remeber much by the end, maybe just some people, a few things

Fragile Balance: MiniJack will not have a beer obsession and will not ogle high school girls. MiniJack will go with Thor, maybe we'll see him again? Also, something should be mentioned about the whole he's leaving his friends thing.

Orpheus: Better tie to the Jaffa rebellion, a little more info. More Daniel's ascension stuff too

Revisions: Needs continuity and ties to the rest of the season, but I don't see how to do it...and lets deal some more with Daniel's ascension

Lifeboat: Make the people be from Kelowna, call in Jonas to help. More on Daniel's ascension

Enemy Mine: at least explain a little more what happened since we last saw Chaka. guess what? more on Daniel's ascension

Space Race: lose a few of those commercials, we see enough real ones...

Avenger 2.0: bring in McKay once the s^*% hits the fan

Birthright: more about the rest of the rebel Jaffa, maybe we can finally give Daniel his memories back now...

Evolution: Make it much harder to get info from the super-soldier, but leave the rest be

Grace: The Sam/Hallucination conversation...Sam confronts her feelings and realizes she needs to talk to Jack (a real adult conversation, wow!). Instead of Sam's thank you line, insert conversation here: Sam and Jack admit how they feel, he says he's nearing retirement after everything thats been happening (Baal, etc), they decide to wait til after the current threat.

Fallout: minor addition to the Jonas/Sam convo to include Jonas asking Sam about Jack (token shippy moment...or nothing if you don't like ship...nice and subtle)

Chimera: There is no Pete, the whole thing concentrates on the Osiris story, continuing beyond Sarah's rescue, getting into intelligence info and Sarah recovery

Death Knell: some Jack/Jacob interaction at the end, right before he leaves

Heroes: lose some of the Sam babbling, especially tone down the bits about Jack, have her put Bergman in his place for daring to suggest inappropriate behavior. And Cassie would be in it...at least for a couple minutes...

Resurrection: same, I liked this episode...

Inauguration: Hayes mentions a little change that the AF has been considering in the frat regs... And Weir is appointed in this episode to make more time for stuff in LC

Lost City: Sam comes to Jack's place...with news that the regs have changed for the SGC...they kiss, then on evveryone else shows up. It takes them longer to figure out the whole Proclarush Taonas thing (that was way too easy) and that Jaffa doesn't betray them (that was way to obvious)

and that'll do it for me...I wouldn't mind the super soldiers removal entirely, but can't come up with 3 hours more stuff instead. but this takes care of two of my big problems: Daniel's ascension/memories and the Sam/Jack ship (and in less than 10 minutes, as it should be...)
          Last edited by LtLisa; 03 July 2004, 03:45 PM.

"I think that, to some degree, all of us are fractured souls. Cut in half. And we wander through life looking for the rest of ourselves. And sometimes we're fortunate enough to meet someone who possesses, in themselves, the part of ourselves that we've been missing. We may not realize it on a conscious level, but definitely on a subconscious level. We see in someone else... something of ourselves. Thats why sometimes you meet someone and you just immediately feel comfortable with them. You feel like you've known them all your life. The reason is that they're a part of you, and you're a part of them. You're soul mates. you... fit. And once you've fit together, nothing can pull you apart unless you let go."
          ~Imzadi
          describes Sam and Jack pretty well to me!

<dancing and chanting in my ceremonial BDUs>
          Screw the regs! DOWN with ! He's no threat to O'Neill! Sam and Jack FOREVER!

Comment

I enjoyed the super soldiers, mainly because they are super!
            __

__

Comment

Here’s how I would have done it .

Everythings the same up until episode five ( Revisions) where Hammond informs the team at the beginning of the episode that O’Neill had unexpectedly ressigned his commission . The team try calling his house but no awnser , they are forced to abandon the search to go on missions,

Then in Birthright when Neith lies dying and Sam and Janet have hit a stone wall regarding treatment a hologram of O’Neill appears as a Hologram to provide them with the info they need to save her although he won’t tell them were he is or how he got the information.

Later on in the in Evolution part two when Daniel is being tourcherd Jack appears in the hut or rather a holographic version of him does as he’s using a Asgard holographic communicator like the one he used in Nemesis. He’s somewhere on Earth but won’t tell Daniel where or why he left. He encourages him to hold on and hang in there . Help will be on the way. He reapers in Hammonds office to tell him were Daniels being hidden and Hammond aggress to send a team to rescue Daniel he also asks Jack if he has confirmed which side his teams on now and says that Jacks takeing a big risk by communicating with SG-1. Jack responds that he belives it’s worth it ,after all there still his team even if one of them will try to kill him!. Also Jacob has a line in the two parter mentioning that a Zatarc detector has been stolen from a Tok’ra base.

Then in Grace when Sam is trapped onboard the Prometheus Holographic Jack appears to her , he’s onboard an Asgard scout ship at the edge of the solar system he can communicate with her but he can’t come in there to rescue her. Relaying surgestions made by Thor Jack helps Sam to repair the ship and to stay conscious.

In Fallout Jonas mentions in a brief scene about how he had this weird dream where he was beamed up to a Asgard ship and O’Neill and Thor scaned him with a Zatarc detector and asked him questions about his experience with Anubis in the opening two porter.

In Death Knell when Sam’s on the run from the super solider Jack appears to her at various pointsb in his holographic form. He encourages her to keep going and telling her how to stay ahead of the drone.

Then in the Hero’s two Parter the city ruins aren’t the only thing that SG-13 find . They also find a badly hurt unconscious Jack who they have to defend in the fire fight. In Hero’s part 2 Jack awakens and the reporter senseing a story spy’s on a meeting where O’Neill and Hammond inform the rest of SG-1 why he’s been on the run for the past few months. It seems that a few days after Fragile Balance the Tok’ra contacted O’Neill with intelligence surgesting that one of his team mates had been turned into a Zatarc with orders to kill O’Neill although they didin’t know who it was or when the program was set to become active. This left O’Neill with no choice , contacting Thor he arragend to go on the run and has been on an Asgasrd ship that has been parked in the desert ever since. He reports that he and Thor stole a Zatarc dtector to try to modify it to detect the assation but the new program was buried to deep in their subconscious . As he revels he has tried everyone who has been on SG-1 and had come up negetive. However when serching the planet were the Goul’d probe was to see if it could be captured and it’s info downloaded to help he was attacked by Jonas! He must have been the Zatarc and been programmed when he was captured by Anubis. Happily Jack then revels that one it knew he the assassin was Thor was able to beam Jonas to his ship and erase the programming from his memory.

Keep Revisions as it is mention that Jack is still recovering form his injurys.

Keep Lost City as it is.

Comment

I thought the way Daniels return and Jonas's departure was handled was utterly shambolic.... particular emphasis on Jonas's departure.
                It was just so bloody cold and clinical - may as well had the writers stood there at the last scene in Homecoming saying "yeah bye... dont let the door hit you on your way out".
                Hope series seven gets better (only watched the first DVD) as I've lost a whole lot of faith in SG1 after seeing that.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon
                  I thought the way Daniels return and Jonas's departure was handled was utterly shambolic.... particular emphasis on Jonas's departure.
                  It was just so bloody cold and clinical - may as well had the writers stood there at the last scene in Homecoming saying "yeah bye... dont let the door hit you on your way out".
                  Hope series seven gets better (only watched the first DVD) as I've lost a whole lot of faith in SG1 after seeing that.
                  A lot of people feel that Season 7 as the all time low of SG-1 (I don't really think of it like that, but it did have its low moments). However, so far, Season 8 seems to be shaping up nicely.

Comment

Only seen the first 8 episodes so you'll have to bear with me...

Fallen / Homecoming: Get rid of and write a different story one where Daniel doesnt come back (MS wanted out, he should live with that choice, not come floating back in whenever he wants to...) and Jonas stays in SG-1. This in turn would mean no Enemy Mine (but it was pants anyway...) so Jonas gets the people in his head thing in Life Boat and the other Ep, Revisions gets kept as it is along with Frag Balance. Orpheus is changed but the basic plot is the same, Ryac/ Bra'tac captured, Teal'c injured and under goes the recovery etc SG-1 rescue them... Then just make Space Race funnier, and more stargate related (It just didnt seem like it to me...)

Sorted

Comment

Err...Genty

Originally posted by Crazedwraith

Basic ground rules:
                      -You have to bring Daniel back
                      -Jonas cannot stay on as a main character (He can be a recurring Character Similar to Jacob or Bra'tac)
                      Back to the drawing board mate!
                      I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt G
                        Err...Genty

Back to the drawing board mate!
                        Doh.... Teach me to read the rules eh?

Anyway dont steel my fire! Thats what i would like to of seen...
                        Last edited by Genty; 05 August 2004, 03:02 AM.

Comment

NO PETE!!!!!!!!!
                          Janet doesn't die.
                          Jonas shows up a few more times as a guest char.
                          s/j ship
                          more dan/jan interaction either as friends, perhaps as a couple.
                          i liked the bkround story to the sarah/ daniel relationship, would have liked ta have seen her deal with her being osiris..
                          sigpic

Comment

Since this is my thread i decided i should put my own ideas up.

"Fallen" is about the same, however Daniel at least wait until Jonas has been zatted to close the hatch and leg it.

"Homecoming" is very different, Instead of Ba'al, Osiris betrays and kills Anubis and Jonas Quin is killed when the Kelowenians fail to follow through on an SG-1 paln they previously agreed to, other than that Osiris is driven off.

Most of the other episodes are similar.

"Fallout" obviously has Jack being grumpy and not want to help people who got a member through their spinelessness...twice.

No super soldiers. Means Evolution doesn't excist. It is replaced with an episode involving the Politicals of the System Lords we learn that the System Lords at large don't know Anubis is gone and Osiris is charge of his domain using his rep to cow the other system lords and bluff about the fact she no longer has a source of Anceint tech. We lern she's also reinforcing her Anubis image with new Jaffa with better armour (can actually stop P90 and 5.56mm rounds)

next few episodes are similar to the original thou less orvert ship and Chimera obviously doesn't involve Osiris being captured, Instead she learns enough about the location of TLC for her to be a factor in the finale.

And Death Knell has the same internal politics of the SGC but with my new Jackal Jaffa instead of supersoldiers.

TLC is similar Jack does the fifth race gig once again but does not go to Earth. Both Osiris and SG-1 find their way to a place they beleive to be TLC, theres a massive scrap and firefight. SG-1 wins and Jacks healed by the machine he uses to drive off Osiris (who's strength is severly dimininished by she escapes to fight anpther day...)

The location they find is TLC as i always thought not finding TLC in an ep entitled "TLC" was stupid.

Obviously in Atlantis, Fleger accidently trigger a mechanim that send it flying off to pegasus and the team of researchers and the small Millitary contigent are trapped with no frame of reference to dial home....
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Genty
                              Doh.... Teach me to read the rules eh?

Anyway dont steel my fire! Thats what i would like to of seen...
                              Some rules were meant to be broken. I'm all for keeping Jonas around and not letting Daniel come back after he made his Ultimate Choice. Corin was happy to be in and Michael wanted out and that should have been that. *sigh* Then again, I wouldn't mind having Daniel back as well... as long as it didn't automatically mean kicking Jonas back through the gate where he came from. I think there was a lot more going on with that whole situation than we'll ever be privy to, and maybe that's a good thing, but I still desperately miss Corin's/Jonas's involvement in storylines. He reminded me that the show could be fun. The show doesn't seem to be as much fun anymore. Not to me, anyway. It still has its moments, but they're becoming fewer and farther between.

Comment

I think why the first coupe of years were so good was there was no back story...it just had SG-1 exploring other planets/fighting diseases/or the bad guys. Now after 8 years, it's much more than just going through the gate, they are a major peace-keeping team in the galaxy, the goua'ld hate 'em, the Asgard kinda brought a new enemies on the shoulder, and personal lives are startying to conflict. So, it is a different type of show: seasons 1/2/3-exploring fighting diseases and bad guys (was that an echo?)

seasons 4/5-they are established as worthy for the collapse of MAJOR goua'ld power, apophis is dead, they have alliances to cope with, and the jaffa are starting to take a stand WITH teal'c (i think).

season 6- jonas quinn is to me what scrappy doo was to The Scooby Doo Show, more than ever they were starting to wrap things up because they thought the series was done for, this season broke off a lot of flowing stories and had tried to fall back on past successes (maybourne.)

season 7- still reeling from the jonas quinn and the whole daniel jackson is back thing, they try to recover, the political aspect is very high this season and SG-1 has become involved, once again: they think it's the last season so what do they do? knock of Dr. Frasier and send off Hammond, the "finale" was to pass the torch to SGA.

Season 8- MY OPINION the closing of the anthology, everything is going to come to a climax, *cough*Reckoning*cough*, 'xcuse me, and o' neill is sittin' pretty with a General position and Carter as the lead, Tea'lc a major leader of the jaffa rebellion, and Jackson will soon make an ultimate decision if he will ascend again.

Comment

Working...
                                X