Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow I really liked your season! You had some really great stuff in it!

Originally posted by Dani347
    From what I've seen shippers (of any couple) have no trouble seeing ship on their own
    Not true, for me anyway. Season 5 had 3(?) scenes that I though were shippy. Ship has to be blocked just like Jack and Daniel scenes IMO.

---
    Since I'm no writer I'll just motify the current s7
    Jack's Absense in my season 7 would be CLEARLY explained by his having temporary command at the Alpha Site.
    Oh, and Teal'c would have lines through out the season not just when there were other Jaffa around.

07x01 - Fallen -- Left basically the same minor change would be instead of "Starwars Bombing Run" the team would ring up and plant a bomb to take out the "eyes" (not very original but it removes the "homage" that made me cringe )

07x02 - Send Off - Jonas would be given a GOOD send off, and Jack would hand him a GDO and tell him to stop by from time to time. Minor stuff with Daniel's ascention he's still very much having problems remembering stuff. Maybe a scene where Teal'c doesn't do too well in a hand-to-hand battle to give support to the Orpheous storyline.

07x03 - Fragile Balance - mini-Jack would be less obssesive over beer. mini-Jack would die in the end because the Asgard couldn't prevent it.

07x04 - Orpheous - Stay the same.

07x05 - Revisions - The community would be related to the Ancients to keep the whole "Lost City" arc alive. Other changes too, but I'm no writer and I can't think of anything right now

07x06 - Lifeboat - Stay the same.

07x07 - Enemy Mine - (wouldn't exist) Mayborne would show up, and they would find Naquadah beyond that I don't have a plot

07x08 - Space Race - One important change I'd make is that Warrick would ask Sam about Jonas and they'd have a little chat. Maybe Jonas would even be in the episode.

07x09 - Avenger 2.0 - I'd like to see how this episode would work with McKay.

07x10 - Birthright - Stay the same.

07x11 - Evolution Part 1 - The SS would fire one (1) shot and Teal'c would be hit in the opening scene and it would be a close call, thus making the SS actually sort of dangerous

07x12 - Evolution Part 2 - the whole Burk thing would be sorted out in 2 scenes instead of 4 thus leaving time for the acutal plot of dealing with the SS and saving Daniel.

07x13 - Grace - I think I might modify some of the dialog in the S/J scene just slightly.

07x14 - Fallout - Less of the bickering delagates. A Jonas/Teal'c scene which was sorely missing. Durring the Jonas/Sam scene Sam would mention that she's just started seeing someone named Pete.

07x15 - Chimera - Daniel/Osiris line is 70% of episode. Pete stumbles onto a report he asks Sam about it, she tells him it's classified, he accepts what she says. Sam ultimately decides that as nice as Pete is she's happy being single right now, and Pete just wasn't "the one". We see Sarah start to deal with the whole Goa'uld thing.

07x16 - Death Knell - Stay the same except that the wound on Sam's leg would clearly be from a SS weapon and not just an "anonumous injury". When Sam stopped for water from the DEEP RIVER, the SS would hit her in the shoulder, and he'd get swept down river by the fast moving current when he tried to cross, so he'd be unable to follow her.

07x17 - Heroes Part 1 - Stay the same except Sam would say "He's given more of himself to this program then anyone else" instead of 'given up more'.

07x18 - Heroes Part 2 - I'd have Cassie actually be in the episode.

07x19 - Inauguration - Inauguration would stay the same. Resurrection would no longer exist.

07x20 - Lost City Part 1 -
    07x21 - Lost City Part 2 -
    07x22 - Lost City Part 3 - Fleshout the story and make it a three parter since it was supposed to be a movie this would be more in keeping with the length
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Daniel wouldn't recover his memory right away, it'd be an ongoing but very minor arc through at least the first half of the season...

Stories would focus on getting back to basics- exploration and defense. The destruction of Abydos would have unforseen aftereffects and might cause problems with some of our allies... who would start to question our reliability.

Avenger 2.0 features McKay, not Felger, and the ep is generally more serious in nature.
      It was easier to snip Shadow's post than to type the above for myself. Shadow, I loved some of your other ideas, but they're not the sort of thing I'd have thought of for myself, so I left them out.

Other things I'd have done:

Grace would have had some action or suspense or at least a revelation about Carter more exciting that that she needs a man to be happy etc.

Space Race wouldn't have had the announcers.

Heroes pt one wouldn't have existed. SG13's offworld mission would have been spliced into another ep (Enemy Mine, perhaps, or Death Knell) and Heroes would have been the next week. That'd leave an episode short, which could focus on Teal'c but not on Jaffa. Except for Changeling there hasn't been any non-Jaffa Teal'c ep since New Ground.

Madeleine

Comment

Why do so many of you hate "Resurrection"?
        It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
          I liked it.

Also, for Season 7 changes...I would've started it later, or filmed more eps, so I wouldn't have to wait so long for Season 8...although the wait is ALMOST over......almost
          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Because I didn't like it!
            Though I wouldn't say I hate it. Just that if I could rewrite the season I wouldn't include it.

However I thought Amanda's directing was fantastic and if any of TPTB are reading this they should really let her direct again!
            ~BCM =)

Comment

aAnubiSs, it sounds like our opinions are pretty different. You didn't have anything you wanted changed for episodes I didn't like, and you disliked some episodes I thought were okay.

But really, what's with the .avi stuff? Been doing some downloading have we?
              It was the fastest way to get all the episodenames~~ ctrl+c,ctrl+v works wonders.

I removed the eps i felt didn't have anything to do with the main storyarc. I hate stand-alones.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                I removed the eps i felt didn't have anything to do with the main storyarc. I hate stand-alones.
                That doesn't really explain it though. There were plenty of other standalone episodes that weren't as good as "Resurrection", IMO.

Comment

That doesn't really explain it though. There were plenty of other standalone episodes that weren't as good as "Resurrection", IMO.
                  Such as?

Resurrection wasn't a really really bad ep, it's just that it didn't bring anything new to the whole anubis/lost city arc

Comment

I already posted that "Space Race", "Enemy mine", and things having to do with Pete are things I would have taken out. I not sure how those two episodes or the Pete storyline enhanced the Lost City storyline either.

And even though I like big arcs, I don't feel like *everything* has to do with one big arc throughout the season.

Comment

I could make up a list of changes for each season, even my favorite season, but here's what I would have changed for S7, which I actually liked:
                      • I would have balanced the focus of the episodes much more: A nice Daniel ep in the later half, a little more Carter in the beginning, the same for stand-alone eps and story-arc eps of the second half
                      • More time between Evolution, Grace, Chimera and Death Knell. Carter changes her life too fast, and IMO the device for killing the Kull warriors was developed too fast.
                      • The first time I watched Birthright, I distinctly remembered what had already been said about primtas in S1 Bloodlines, although I had watched it ages ago. There should have been a mention of something to get rid of the incontinuities (do Jaffa kids require symbiotes at some age or is it voluntarily?)
                      • Another actor for Chaka please.
                      • In the first half of the season, there should have been a mention of O'Neill being away because he had training on how to run things as general. Or test pilot training. Or something else.
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

As to birthright they entioned Moloc specifically alterned his Jaffa to need symbiotes even before they implanted.

Normal Jaffa only have a need for a sym,biote after the first one his shoved and takes over the imune system.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

1. How to deal with Chimera: Hmmm...I still want to keep in the stuff about Sarah/Osiris and make that the dead cert A plot. The best way I can think of of taking care of the Pete/Sam stuff is to have him first turn up a few eps previous - gradually get more and more nervous about Sam's work and have his investigation start at the start of Chimera.

2. Make Avenger less dumb but still funny(not dead cert how to do that)

3. At the very least explain Jack's absence in 'Ressurection' and any other eps that he does not appear in.

4. Have Jonas turn up in an ep involving naquadriah trading or something.

5. Deal more with Daniel's time while ascended.

6. Have Jolene Blalock play Ishtar with dark hair
                          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Matt, they DID explain Jack's absence in "Reserection" Barret ask them about Jack and they say he's still recovering form being shot last episode.
                            sigpic
                            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
                              Matt, they DID explain Jack's absence in "Reserection" Barret ask them about Jack and they say he's still recovering form being shot last episode.
                              I literally rolled my eyes when they made that excuse for his absence. He's been injured far worse on many an occasion and come back the next week with nothing wrong.

IMO they should have said he was off command the Alpha site or busy with paper work, it would have made for a better setup for what's going to happen to him in s8.
                              ~BCM =)

Comment

Originally posted by Mar9645
                                The only hug between Jack and Sam that was justified in Season 7 was the one at the end of Death Knell.
                                And Heroes 2! That was justified!!!
                                Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
                                X