This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illuminarok
    Did anyone else notice that Gerak's Ori Staff glowed bright white instead of Teal Blue? And that his facial decorations are mostly gold and not just burned skin like decorations? Also his robes are the same robes he had before as a Jaffa before he became a prior unlike the other priors whom received new clothes.
    1. his staff was just glowing extra bright for (possibly)dramatic effect it is teal as seen in pictures at gateworld.
    2. his tatoo from being first prime was used to make his new markings by the ori. that is why his first prime tatoo is gone
    3. his robes are the same because the prior only transported him to the flames by his mind and i doubt that the prior was carrying an extra set of robes for new priors anywayz. the other priors were made by physically being there at the fire so they could change afterwards. besides, geraks robes are cooler.
    Last edited by epcrules89; 22 September 2005, 02:14 PM.
    "Evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb!" - Dark Helmet

Comment

[QUOTE=unowhoandwhy]

...which leads me to the question of why ascended beings who have no physical form need fire. It's not like your body can get cold when you don't actually have a body! I am sure it has something to do with the intimidation factor, but it still seems odd...

Your post brings up some interesting questions.
      Important: it has been revealed that there exists some cosmic rule or being that determines the path that an ascended being will take. The Ancients are afraid that if they interfere with mortals their process will be flawed.

Maybe we should look at the differences in the Ascended Ancients and Ori.
      The Ancients are ascended individually and remain, for the most part, individual, carrying out their own lives. They do unite periodically to obtain a desired outcome (i.e., destroy a wayward world, discipline another ascended being). They do not, however, require worship.

The Ori, on the other hand, ascended for a different purpose. To become gods or godlike. Perhaps this decision to take this path of ascension predetermined the form they have taken. We have learned that they grow with worship. Maybe tptb decided to use fire to represent the old addage "adding fuel to the fire."

Comment

Working...
      X