This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vala's matter stream (poss spoil!!!!)

I didn't record the ep so my recall may be fuzzy.
    When Carter suggested that Vala's matter stream was transmitted through the wormhole thereby offering a possibility she did not die, I was confused. Didn't the ep state that the other end of the wormhole opened into deep space where space vehicles were waiting?

I guess we will find out as that ep is on right now.
    Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

space vehicles with ring transporters

Comment

Originally posted by wikeja
        I didn't record the ep so my recall may be fuzzy.
        When Carter suggested that Vala's matter stream was transmitted through the wormhole thereby offering a possibility she did not die, I was confused.

Didn't the ep state that the other end of the wormhole opened into deep space where space vehicles were waiting?
        Ok, I did not hear this line or anything related to it in the ep. The other side of the wormhole was a blackhole that was collapsing the planet into a microsingularity.

Singularity formed and Vala ringed out... presumably into the singularity which makes less sense then if she had ringed through an actual stargate, unless the actual Stargate existed within the microsingularity.

But anyway Sam says basically a matter stream left the cargo ship just before it exploded an there was a slight chance it was pulled into the singularity.

No mention of space vehicles.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

She's probably just enjoying the wonderful company of the Ori and their Priors.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by AGateFan
            Ok, I did not hear this line or anything related to it in the ep. The other side of the wormhole was a blackhole that was collapsing the planet into a microsingularity.

Singularity formed and Vala ringed out... presumably into the singularity which makes less sense then if she had ringed through an actual stargate, unless the actual Stargate existed within the microsingularity.

But anyway Sam says basically a matter stream left the cargo ship just before it exploded an there was a slight chance it was pulled into the singularity.

No mention of space vehicles.
            The space vehicles were waiting to come through the supergate.

Comment

Wouldnt it be interesting if there was a gould ship in the vacinity she could have been sent to.

Comment

The last lines of the ep are:

SC: "A matter stream left the cargo ship just before it exploded. There is at least a slight chance it was pulled into the singularity."

DJ: "So you are saying she could be alive somewhere in the Ori home galaxy?

SC: "Its possible"

DJ: "Well, we wanted to send them a message"

Comment

I bet Vala will return has a prior , she has been corrupted by the ori and eventually gave into them. The ep where she returns will be the team trying to convince her shes been brainwashed or somethin
                  Sam: Looks like an untouched paradise
                  Teal’c: Appearances may be deceiving
                  Jack: One man’s ceiling is another man’s floor
                  Daniel: A fool’s paradise is a wise man’s hell
                  Jack: Never run with scissors?

Comment

Well I think they gave an insight on how Vala could survive with her dialogue from the cloaked cargo ship when answering Daniel's question about how she found the cloaked vessel:

VALA: Rings seek out the nearest set...which happen to be aboard this cargo ship, cloaked or not.

So if Vala's matter stream was in fact transported to the Ori home galaxy, and IF in fact an armada was standing by to enter the super gate on their end, then it's possible that Vala ended up on one of those ships. (My original fear was that the matter stream would merely dissipate if it had no where to go)...

This however presents a few problems to me that I hope will be answered by someone who has a better grasp on this kind of thing (and unfortunately Col. Carter's too busy to take my calls these days):

1. Why would Vala's matter stream be transported to the Ori home galaxy? If the singularity began to open on this end so that the ships could come FROM the other end, how could she travel through what was clearly the exit side of the wormhole? Matter cannot stream both ways...

2. If Vala truly did go to the Ori home galaxy and ringed aboard an Ori ship, how the heck could she escape? This one doesn't bother me near as much as my geeky question above, because we all know that Vala's extremely skilled in the art of self-preservation...she's had to be to survive what she's experienced in her life.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      So if Vala's matter stream was in fact transported to the Ori home galaxy, and IF in fact an armada was standing by to enter the super gate on their end, then it's possible that Vala ended up on one of those ships. (My original fear was that the matter stream would merely dissipate if it had no where to go)...

Caution Spoilers below:

Well, the details of the ep "Crusade" have just been released (See the Gateworld home page) and Vala is indeed in the Ori Home Galaxy - Alive and well and Pregnant!

Comment

Well, her return isn't quite what some thought it would be, but lets not fret. I still have high hopes that "Crusade" will be one hell of and episode. No way tptb are going to bomb the season finale of a show they are hoping is, for lack of a better way of putting it, just getting started.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                        X