This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads/Pretense contradiction. -Spoilers-

In Threads, Jacob says it would be impossible to remove Selmak surgically because the process kills the symbiote before it can release the poison that kills the host and Selmak was now beyond that and actively holding the poison in.

Yet in Pretense, The Tok;Ra remove Koreel from Skarra and fully expect him to be fine.

What gives?
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

JACOB: That process instantly kills the symbiont before it releases toxins. It’s too late for that

Maybe it wasnt too late in the Ska'ara case or am I forgetting something like usual
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

My understanding was that the symbiote can consciously prevent the toxins from being released (as with Jolinar) but Selmak was too weak.
      Last edited by jckfan55; 06 September 2005, 01:19 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
        JACOB: That process instantly kills the symbiont before it releases toxins. It’s too late for that
        My prescise Point, Klorreel was fine and dandy and being shipped of to a goa'uld world of his choice at the end of Pretense.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
          Yet in Pretense, The Tok;Ra remove Koreel from Skarra and fully expect him to be fine.
          I thought something was wrong in Pretense it was the Tollan not the Tok'ra

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s3/315.shtml
          gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
          so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
          love Torri

Comment

No the tollan had him on trial They went to the tok'ra to remove the symboite. Skarra is wearing tok;ra duds at the end.

EDIT: And i Quote from the article you linked to:
            The Tok'ra arrive, and remove the Goa'uld Klorel from Skaara's body. He is to be taken to the Goa'uld world of his choice. Skaara, though, is finally free.
            Last edited by Crazedwraith; 07 September 2005, 09:09 AM.
            sigpic
            Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith
              EDIT: And i Quote from the article you linked to:
              I only do the linking

Maybe the Tollan had some sedative or something?

Maybe Klo'rel didnt release his toxins so he could live?
              love Torri

Comment

Maybe it had to do with the deteriorated state that Selmak was in.
                Rocky

Comment

I'm wondering that if after Klorel lost and the device was switched in Skaara's favor, if that did in fact put Klorel into like a state of suspended animation so he would not have the ability to kill Skaara.

And then, we know that the Tok'ra retrieved Klorel in the case, but does that necessarily mean that they personally extracted him? What if it was in fact the Tollan who extracted Klorel and merely turned him over to the Tok'ra to be sent away?

Now this is from memory, bear in mind, but my guess is that it was Tollan technology that helped remove Klorel, not Tok'ra; and when the Tollan homeworld was destroyed, so were the techniques that they used to extract symbiotes.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

^ I think youve got it.
                    Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I'm wondering that if after Klorel lost and the device was switched in Skaara's favor, if that did in fact put Klorel into like a state of suspended animation so he would not have the ability to kill Skaara.
                      But Jacob states that it takes a conscious effort from the symbiote to NOT release the toxins. If the symbiote doesn't make the effort to stop the toxins releasing, death is a given. It's not a case of the symbiote making an effort to kill the host - that's an automatic process. For the host to live the symbiote has to work to prevent it being killed. If Klorel was in a suspended state he wouldn't be able to make that conscious effort and the toxins would be released. Wouldn't they?

Jacob gives the distinct impression that it takes a lot of physical and mental effort for a symbiote to stop itself poisoning the host when it dies. It has to make a conscious choice not to do so and to actively work to ensure its toxins don't release.

So, yes, you'd wonder why Klorel would care to make the effort to keep Skaara alive and how the Tok'ra managed to keep him alive if Klorel didn't make the effort.

Curious.

Albion
                      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Jacob stated that the improved method that they now use to remove a symbiote, could save him but would kill selmak instantly. I don't think it was that they couldn't remove selmak without killing Jacob, Jacob just didn't want to sacrifice Selmak, take away what little time that Selmak had left. He decided to die with Selmak.
                        Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

Working...
                        X