This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
    I mean the way they are shooting multiple eps at a time so that they can shoot all of RDA's stuff while he's there sounds like a good idea.
    Yeah, but they did that last year too

Edited to say: I agree with Shadow about the vulgarity, especially now that Jack is a general. If he's just going to say crass things keep his mouth shut!
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

bcm is right, they done this for season seven and look what we got. Unless they plan to do something else like take longer to film a episode or something
      __

__

Comment

Yeah, having Jack in charge of the SGC will make better use of his limited time, but TPTB aren't taking advantage of it like they should. There isn't really any team episodes planned, it's going to focus more on 1 or 2 of the charecters each ep like Season 7 did.
        Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
        http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Quite right. It's always good to see a team concept episode
          __

__

Comment

Wait? You mean SG1 is a team? I didn't get the memo.
            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Hmmm...really? But we should get some more decent eps, for the teams sake!
              __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
                bcm is right, they done this for season seven and look what we got. Unless they plan to do something else like take longer to film a episode or something
                Yes they did do the same thing last year by shooting multiple eps at once but that's not a bad thing. They now have a year of experience shooting eps in that manner and most likely have learned from their experiences with S7. For S8 they probably have refined their process. TPTB will most likely be able to better utilize RDA's time on set this time around.

In many ways the two last years were completely new and unsettling for the show. S6 transitioned the show from Showtime (Showtime money really) but they were also breaking in a new cast member and missing another. Then in S7 they lost the routines they developed in S6 with more cast changes- MS was back, Corin was gone and RDA was only there part time. Now finally in S8 they have some continuity again. Even though RDA isn't there full time, this year they are accustomed to it and should be better able to deal with that reality.

Spoilers S8
                Also, now that Jack doesn't go off-world as much if at all anymore, RDA doesn't have to go on location. That should make a huge difference. No lost days due to weather or the technical difficulties that shooting outside may bring. All of his shots will be in a nice cozy little sound stage. He doesnt have to go anywhere, no travel time eating up his work days either. All in all I think they have found the best way to keep him in the show and maximize their utilization of RDA's time on set by making him General Jack.

Comment

zebrok, you're right. They've probably learned from their mistake in year seven so they'll be able to aviod this past appearance problem

Now that Jack is behind a desk gives him a reason not to appear as much. They'll probably use the odd excuse like he's finally got that meeting with the President
                  __

__

Comment

Working...
                  X