• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screencaps Teal'c, ye old screencaps!
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by David85
      When someone from the show says that the team isn't a team anymore I guess It's not.

"SG-1 has evolved as a team (to the point they aren't one)," Cooper said. "They don't really do a lot of going out and exploring other planets type work, just because they've become such experts. And they're more like the high-priced consultants that are called in to deal with the extreme situations as they unfold. So we are able to kind of center the stories much more around the team anyways," despite many stories shifting to the S.G.C. following O'Neill's promotion.
      Disclaimer: This is my prediction and is only based on the general "feeling" I've gotten from the spoilers, I have nothing to back it up.

My guess is while the team wont be going off world in the same way they will be interating as a team of three (S/D/T) with occasional interations from Jack. Hopefully we'll still get psudo-team (S/D/T) interactions more then we did last year. My guess is that now that Jack is off the team it wont look funny to have team moments where Jack isn't present and thus they'll have them more often. Again JMO.
      ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
      The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Hope you're proved right,BCM! That's pretty much what I want too.
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by hezie99
          theres also a pic from an early ep where u see anubis's spirit by the gate
          Where's the spoiler tags ??
          "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

for those wrroied about season 8 loosing quality through less gate travel and explosions due to cost, don't be. just think about how great Angel season 5 was with a much lower budget because of the quality writing. if they writers get the writing right then this season could turn out to be one of the best yet, and I am personally looking forward to this new dynamic with Jack in charge. It seems like the perfect way to re-infigorate the show with something new in the new setup. I'm not sure if SG1 is gonna be a 3 or 4 man team this year, but if it is a 3 man team then i think in season 9 they should spice it up by bringing in a new regular cast member as the 4th member and this additional character and their interaction and integration in to the team would make for a great 9th season.
            spook

Comment

Originally posted by sshspooky
              for those wrroied about season 8 loosing quality through less gate travel and explosions due to cost, don't be. just think about how great Angel season 5 was with a much lower budget because of the quality writing.
              I AM thinking about the quality of the writing. That's what has me so worried!

Comment

Don't get her started on the writers!
                sigpic

Comment

* Interesting character development that isn't "out-of-character". At the end of season 8 I want to feel that the characters were all utilized well and I don't look back wondering why the heck they didn't do anything with ______. There seemed to be some lost opportunities in season 7; I really hope season 8 is a little better in that regard.

* More tension in the episodes. There were a few times during season 7 that the team was in peril or on an adventure and I found myself looking at the clock.

* Intriguing and *original* story arcs that tie the whole season together.

* Smart commander Jack. Jack became a little too much of a comic-relief character at times in season 7 although I know it was difficult to incorporate RDA's limited time on set. Jack's going to be facing some new responsiblities and challenges - I think it may be time for a little more gravitas to balance out his irreverence.

* More S/D/T team time. Others have said, it but you can't say it enough. One important reason Stargate is successful is the wonderful chemistry between the cast members. Hard to build on that when episodes alternate single cast members interacting primarily with guest stars of the week. I know there are production issues but I'd enjoy seeing S/D/T on adventures together - let them test their wings without Jack.

* Continue trying to incorporate the more creative visual and special effects. I'm not that big a fan of just blowing things up (you can see that on any cop show) but I'm a huge fan of the effects that are uniquely Stargate -- the gravity prison effect in Abyss or the water/rings effect in Descent, or the replicators or the Asgard.

* Better distribution of the episodes that feature single cast members. In season 7 we seemed to get a couple of Daniel episodes, then a Teal'c, then a couple of Sam episodes.

* Better writing cures almost everything. Look how excited the regular cast, the guest stars, the directors, etc. were about "Heroes". It was a good story and good stories make everyone else lift their game.

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Wow, Kes. You show some interesting points. I have to agree with everything

Although, I think Jack will have his humour touch
                    __

__

Comment

And waaaaay more Jack as he was in S3 and looking that way too. Longer hair, more weight, a smile now and then...etc, etc, etc. Oh, and ask RDA to start acting again instead of just holding space.
                      Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by petzke_42
                        Where's the spoiler tags ??
                        No need, it's a lie

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I AM thinking about the quality of the writing. That's what has me so worried!
                          Hey, Joe's back, don't make me point you out to him!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                            Hey, Joe's back, don't make me point you out to him!
                            He's probably been warned already.

As for Jack... if his sense of "humor" is going to involve more tacky vulgarities, I'd just as soon he not speak. Sorry, but that's my personal preference.

Comment

Well my hope for season 8 is better utilization of RDA's limited time. But from what I've been reading it sounds like they're really trying to use him as much as possible. I mean the way they are shooting multiple eps at a time so that they can shoot all of RDA's stuff while he's there sounds like a good idea. It sounds like it must be stressful for the cast and crew, but it sounds to me like he'll be in the episodes more this season than last season. At least that is my hope.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

^Ditto to that, and I hope the producers/directors pay particular attention to cohesion of the story arcs. When simultaneously shooting multiple episodes, the actors are likely to have very little idea about the direction of the story line or the sequence of events in an arc, which in turn makes a nuanced performance very difficult.
                                In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
                                X