This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if . . . (POV Question)

As I was rewatching POV earlier, a strange thought came to mind: isn't there the tiniest possibility that Dr. Carter could be pregnant?

Mathematically, it works out: they were celebrating their anniversary a few weeks before the Goa'uld came (AFAIK) and many women do not show until well past then. Assuming that all the reality-shifting (not to mention being shot at many times) miraculously did not cause her to miscarry, wouldn't this be a fitting end to her romance in her own reality?

Forgive me if this sounds senseless, but I thought it would be a perfect tribute since she had already lost her husband.

What do you think?

~Sarah
    Call me Sarah . . .
    • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
    • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
    • Trek forever!

i don't she was pregnant.

with the cascade failure, i don't think that an unborn child would be able to go through it even once, and even if it could, Dr. Carter went through it several times which probably would have killed the child, but even if you don't take cascade failure into consideration, i still don't think so.

if i remember right, Dr. Carter said that she thought cascade failure would take years, and that her and Jack not being married was something she never considered. this would mean that if she was pregnant she would have also considered it to be same here, she would not only be risking her own life but also the life of her unborn child, because he/she too would also suffer the same fate of cascade failure.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, ok . . . but I was thinking sentiment rather than science.

And I still think it'd be nice even if improbable.

~Sarah
      Call me Sarah . . .
      • Anti-plaid (pro P.L.A.I.D. )
      • Songwriter, screencapper, canon shipper, and fan of minor characters
      • Trek forever!

Comment

its possible , it was another reality, very possible
        but i think jack may not have had another child due to the loss of charlie

Comment

Maybe there was no Charlie alternate reality remember.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

I agree that it'd definitely be a cool premise, but yeah, there'd definitely be some continuity issues to be worked around...

Plus, and this is a real kicker, is her unborn child part of her or not? If not, then it wouldn't be exdperiencing a cascade failure. sooo...yeah. *shrug* But that's a whole political debate that we don't need to get into. =P

Comment

Well ITs all down to improbability she could or she couldnt. None of that is revealed. ALso if she was preggers shed be even more upset and have to go pee every 5 mins.
              Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by zer0_1
                its possible , it was another reality, very possible
                but i think jack may not have had another child due to the loss of charlie
                In A Hundred Days Jack was willing to have a child again. Even though he probably didn't, it shows that he has emotionally recovered enough from the loss of Charlie to have another kid. I'm sure AU Jack would be even more willing to have a child with Sam, who he'd known for years, than Laira, who he'd met three months before.
                SQUEE like no one's listening.

Comment

Working...
                X