Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked them I never said i didn't, well maybe i did, but i think they're funny But i did have a problem with them having almost nothing to do with Stargate SG1, except the stargate puddle.
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
      I havn't seen the commercials yet...but they sound pretty funny to me. Especially the fridge one.
      Lighten up people

We're light - or at least I am. Doesn't mean the commercials aren't stupid though.

I personally like to see commercials that show scenes from upcoming episodes. Or if not, something funny which those weren't. Plus people who don't already watch the show aren't going to get it.

Comment

Yah, i think everyone (or maybe almost everyone) wants to see some new footage in the preview for S8, like Atlantis...

Comment

well i saw both ads...and they are really funny in my opinion....anyway...i DO want to see some S8 fotage!!!

Comment

Like i said, as well as many other... WE WANT S8 SCENES!

Comment

Originally posted by Atum
              You guys are harsh! I thought the commercials with the fridge and garage were clever.

What would you guys like to see?...let me guess:

A Crystal Skull alien comes out and says, "I'm a Furling - we're neutral, Nick Ballard is off cat-sitting for Narim, Apophis had a wrist DHD, Aris Boch is hanging out with the Retu, the Asgard are busy working on a special can of Raid, and oh by the way, watch Stargate SG-1 in July".
              Ha ha, I totally agree. I think the commercials are fine.

Although, on a completely different topic, I think that Aris Boch is one of the more overrated dangling storylines. I mean, I don't even consider him a dangling storyline. But apparently a lot of people want to see him back...
              It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Sounds like they are pretty cute. Like a teaser trailer, no need to show any footage. We'll see footage soon enough...I hope.
                Sign the Petition to get the SG-1 Complete Series Bonus Discs released separately!
                http://www.petitiononline.com/SG1CSBD/petition.html

Comment

Originally posted by Beckmen
                  Sounds like they are pretty cute. Like a teaser trailer, no need to show any footage. We'll see footage soon enough...I hope.
                  I agree. That's the point of a teaser, to get people interested in the new season. New footage will come later if people are just patient.

Personally, I thought the commercials were really clever and funny. I hope they make a few more. They were different than the usual sound bites. At first I couldn't tell they were even stargate commercials. Then when I saw the event horizon, it was such a great surprise. Plus I'm sure some stargate fans have imagined the exact same things. It's good to see SciFi is paying some more attention to the series.

Comment

I thought they were fun, "elegant in its simplicity."
                    X-303

Comment

Originally posted by X-303
                      I thought they were fun, "elegant in its simplicity."
                      Me too. I thought they were cute. And considering anyone who's watched the Sci-Fi channel for 10 minutes or more is bound to have seen at least part of an SG-1 ep, I don't feel that they have to be very explanatory.
                      Anyway I'm sorry, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?

Comment

They're a lot better than those cheap, garbage-filled Tripping the Rift things they were trying to pass off as commercials. (No offense to any fans out there. )
                        You'd think that they would be able to sneak a shot in here or there, considering that they already filmed some scenes.
                        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                        X