This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new girls needs help

hello there need to help putting things together. we dont have s9 in ireland for a few months but im always reading spoilers wanting to know whats happening . can anyone help me with these:

is carters absence menthioned by anyone at the start of s9?

whats the story with daniels facial hair???????????

how do the new characters of landry and mitchell fit in together??

thanks

Carter was transfered to nevada (area 51) for some research on something top secret (really Amanda tapping was havin' her baby)
    Daniles facial hair was covered by an interview with him, he just hates shaving and did it so he could stand out from Colonel mitchell, the beard will eventually phase out after 6 or 7 episodes..
    Landry and Mitchell, Mitchell was a downed fighter pilot he was leading the F-302 offenive, he destroyed an al-kesh that was about to blow up the tel'chak(<---spelling?) in Lost city and barely made it out alive and was promised any position he wanted within O'neills power. Landry was hand pciked be O'neill to take over his postion as commander of the SGC and the new doctor? Doctor Lam, she is Landrys daughter, although something dramatic happend between them we don't know about yet so, Yeah hope i filled in some gaps also, sorry about you ireland predicament.

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

thanks for that . you dont know how annoying it is trying to put all the pieces together

Comment

An interesting story about the facial hair

When filming they dont film the scenes in order

One Day Micheal Shanks shaved and that day they were filming scenes that take place before the scenes they filmed the previous day

So in one ep it will be beard, no beard, beard lol
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by irishchick
          thanks for that . you dont know how annoying it is trying to put all the pieces together
          Don't worry about it, lol I was like you for about..until the begginng of season 9? lol. I had to do some pretty DVD buying to fill in so many holes i had luckyly Australia reeased the DVs up to about season 7 , i still havan't seen about episode 10 to 16 in season 8 :\ Atlantis i've just been hooked on..Anyway, sorry about that pointless post, it sucks being in a country with Stagate 2-3 season behind!

Stargate Gateworld RPG. All are welcome!|Jim Andersons Bio.

Comment

we're not that far behind s9 will be on sky one in october but im so impatient!!!

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              An interesting story about the facial hair

When filming they dont film the scenes in order

One Day Micheal Shanks shaved and that day they were filming scenes that take place before the scenes they filmed the previous day

So in one ep it will be beard, no beard, beard lol
              I wonder if they'll space the episodes out to make it seem like there's enough time for Daniel to regrow the beard or if they'll just say that Daniel's unusually hirsute, like McKay's aunt.
              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

The scenes were in the same ep

Joe Mallozzi said that he wonders if anyone will notice - of course they will
                gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                love Torri

Comment

Wouldn't that be cause for reshoots? It's kind of hard not to notice a mysteriously appearing and disappearing beard. Personally, I wish MS grew it out a bit fuller and just kept it. Dr. Rothman and Dr. Lee both have (had in Rothman's case) beards. It's the new style for SGC geeks.

Comment

You think they would have time to let him regrow his facial hair and then reshoot
                    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                      You think they would have time to let him regrow his facial hair and then reshoot
                      Ah but time is money and re-shooting costs both time and money. I wonder if the continuity person got a slap on the wrist? I hope not.......MS should have remembered he didn't like to shave!!!!!!!

They could also have put on some "fake" facial hair......but that also takes time and money and probably would have looked terrible, so I'm taking the stance.....SHAVE the beard Michael!!!!!!!

Sorry TheCorpulent1, but I prefer MS beardless, although I must admit, I do like beards on my men.
                      On fighting:
                      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Thats what I meant Lida

I was trying to be sarchastic lol
                        love Torri

Comment

I love beards, so I'll advocate them on just about anybody. I don't really care either way about MS, although it was weird looking at Daniel with a beard. Then again, it's been weird looking at Daniel with his crazy, unkempt hair for the past 2 seasons, so I'm just rolling with the punches at this point.

As for reshoots, wouldn't it make more sense to just reshoot the bearded stuff that they had without the beard, rather than making MS regrow his beard?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                            As for reshoots, wouldn't it make more sense to just reshoot the bearded stuff that they had without the beard, rather than making MS regrow his beard?
                            As Lida said time is money so no
                            love Torri

Comment

The producers do reshoots all the time, though. I suppose we'll have to wait and see if they did it in this case. Which episode did the now-infamous shaving take place?

Comment

Working...
                              X