This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immunity? [Spoilers for The Powers That Be]

So why were Daniel, Teal'c, and Vala immune to the Ori virus in The Powers That Be? It seems unlikely that the Ori chose to spare them as Mitchel was infected. Teal'c seems easy, if this is the plague that the ancients had then we know a goa'uld can cure it as one cured O'Neill. I think Teal'c is still on tritonin(sp?) which I think would provide him with immunity. Vala might have a residual immunity from when she was a goa'uld. Why is Daniel immune? Could it be something residual from when he was ascended? Or maybe Daniel was spared by the Ori, so far they seem to be singling him out. Over all I think the entire virus was to teach Daniel a lesson, the extra worshipers just seemed like a nice bonus for the Ori.

it was to learn Daniel a lesson, Vala was spared because she can use the healing device and so make an attempt to save them, but not succeed. Teal was probably spared because of the tretonin

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
      it was to learn Daniel a lesson, Vala was spared because she can use the healing device and so make an attempt to save them, but not succeed. Teal was probably spared because of the tretonin
      I agree that the Prior left Vala alone so that she could prove his point, and of course, Daniel needed to be alive and well to experience to the fullest his complete humiliation.

I doubt that Teal'c's heightened immune system or Vala's Goa'uld protein marker saved them. I wonder if immunity even comes into it. There were many natives who did not get sick. What would have made them immune?

I think it was just the Prior selecting those who be sick, and between Teal'c and Cam he chose Cam - perhaps because he sensed that Cam was the leader of the four.
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
      X