This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fibes
    the last few seasons sg1 has been looking for the lost city of atlantis...
    so now they found it they are just giving up and letting other people go?
    so in season 8 what are they going to be searching for?
    doesnt really make sense to me...
    The standing orders will probably remain, since we will soon be faced with an even greater enemy than the Goa'uld, the Wraith. There is so much technology out there, the SGC could send hundreds of teams out to explore and retrieve it and still keep busy. Also, keep in mind the minerals required to build X-303's and X-302's and X-WhateverComesNext are all based on other planets, so I'm sure they have plenty more mining expeditions, not to mention the Naqueda(sp?) and Naquadria that cannot be found on Earth that is necessary for power reactors, etc. Also, I'm sure Daniel will push for more anthroplogic studies, so we'll probably see a lot more archaeologists and anthropologists make their way through the gate as the threat of the Goa'uld subsides.
    -GuyFromOH
    I'm a guy, from Ohio.
    ------------------------------------
    Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
    Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
    cool!"

Comment

Don't forget too that they can't use the weapon in Lost City again as Jack was the only person able to use it and he can hardly stick his head in the Asgard device every time an enemy comes knocking at the door. So the minute they solve his little problem in New Order, the weapon becomes useless.

Which means, of course, that the hunt for something they can use to protect earth is still on.

Albion
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

True, but there may be a way with Shepperd
        __

__

Comment

Originally posted by fibes
          the last few seasons sg1 has been looking for the lost city of atlantis...
          so now they found it they are just giving up and letting other people go?
          Remember that SG-1 are an exploration and expeditionary unit, not a scientific study team. Eveyrthing they find is eventually studied by someone else; every artefact ends up at Area-51 and if Daniel or Jonas spent a long time on a dig they were seconded to a different team for the duration of the study.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

SG-1 is experienced with its allies and know who they are personally. If they were to leave and a new team picked up where SG-1 left off here, it wouldn't be the same when dealing with allies. It would take time to get to know each other. SG-1 has the experience with the Goa'uld and somewhat with the replicators.

If you think about it, keep the team (SG-1) that knows what they're doing here and put the new team in the unknown. The Atlantis team is not as experienced so let them go to the place with all the big tech...stuff....thingy to help them.

Comment

Working...
            X