This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iskandra
    Hey. it's definitely better than that stupid goatee thingie he had for a while...if it has to be hair, it should be on his head
    Yah, that thing was kind of weird, but i didn't mind, haha...
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
      Would it be too off-topic to discuss the hair of the other team members?
      Oh, I could always go on about how much I loved Daniel's longer hair in the first two seasons....no, I'll be quiet alright.

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
      Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
      ~CELLO!~
      ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

Oh, I could always go on about how much I loved Daniel's longer hair in the first two seasons....no, I'll be quiet alright.
        Ohh... His hair in the first two seasons... Although i didn't mind his hair, i like his current hair

Comment

He doesn't seem alien enough with hair...the more human-like he becomes..the less Teal'c he feels to me.
          It feels good to be alive.
          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

I don't agree with that, but its your opinion, and everyone deserves one

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking of a poll on Sam's hair. We'll see. (I vote beginning of S4.)
              It's antithetical to my character and I don't like it on a fundamental level.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamixoye
                Yeah, I was thinking of a poll on Sam's hair. We'll see. (I vote beginning of S4.)
                We were discussing this on another thread.
                I think you should start a poll. I vote s4.5 through s6 (short) (or if she wears the green cap )
                ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                  We were discussing this on another thread.
                  I think you should start a poll. I vote s4.5 through s6 (short) (or if she wears the green cap )
                  I don't mind Sam's hair haha...

Comment

I'm voting Nay on the hair for Teal'c. He looked sexier without.

Comment

I can't judge him that way, haha... But i can understand you would say that

Comment

I got the idea (from a DVD commentary, I think) that the goatee was CJ's response to having to continue to shave his head. I imagine it gets tedious. He's not the only Jaffa to have hair, so it isn't a Jaffa-thing. Maybe it has something to do with fitting in in his new digs. Or maybe it has something to do with tretonin. I don't really care. I just hope they do address the reason for the new 'do somehow in the show...just once...that's all I ask.
                        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
                        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
                        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
                        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
                        once done, cannot be undone...
                        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

Originally posted by Anthro Girl
                          I got the idea (from a DVD commentary, I think) that the goatee was CJ's response to having to continue to shave his head. I imagine it gets tedious. He's not the only Jaffa to have hair, so it isn't a Jaffa-thing. Maybe it has something to do with fitting in in his new digs. Or maybe it has something to do with tretonin. I don't really care. I just hope they do address the reason for the new 'do somehow in the show...just once...that's all I ask.
                          I agree, they should really explain it. but its probably one of those small things.

Comment

I'm sure I read a spoiler somewhere - and can't for the life of me think where now - that said the hair isn't mentioned by anyone until they get Jack out of the deep freeze and one of the first things Jack says is "What's with the hair?" I'm looking forward to seeing that if so - sounds funny. By that I'd imagine that New Order picks up from a few months further on from Lost City, so everyone but Jack has become used to the hair during the offscreen interim and has no need to comment on it. That last is only a guess though, but it seems to make sense.

As for the hair itself - well I'll confess I was one of those who went into terminal shock at this outrage when I heard the rumour. I think my initial reaction was something like, "Oh dear god, no. They can't do this to us!" <G> But, having seen the photos on Gateworld I surprised myself by thinking it looked pretty cool. So I'll give it a thumbsup too. And a yay for good measure.

Briefly, on Sam's hair - sometimes over the past seven seasons I've despaired of where that woman finds her hairdresser. The more severe styles make her look awful and aren't necessary, imo, even to account for the military regs. It doesn't have to be that short. So I was delighted to see the photos from New Order, as it seems she's back to something feminine but in keeping with the regs too.

Albion
                            Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

There don't seem to be strict rules anyway - if you look at Hailey, she's got looong hair....what I don't like about Sam's shorter hair is the bleached strands...it looks *so* 80s....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
                              Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
                              ~CELLO!~
                              ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

YEA for final season changes! If he had done it any other time before now, it wouldn't be as appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                X