This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calicto
    An alliance would be interesting but WAY too unrealistic. Remember, unrealistic shows = bad. That's why the Teletubbies didnt last very long on TV.
    Not necessarily. I didn't say it would be a CLOSE alliance in the nature of the grand alliance. Just more of an enemy of my enemy is my friend type deal. After all, the UN isn't particularly close in many cases and has no real power, but it exists anyways

NOX: The nox are isolationist. They are against war even against a enemy that wishes them destruction (Ori). They can attempt to hide from them.
    Maybe. They're probably almost as much of an if as the Ancients but they MIGHT come around if they were to realize that staying pacifistic won't save them. It may also be that not ALL of the Nox are that way, only the handful we've met so far.

ASGARD: The asgard would probably join an alliance, but remember that they will be doing most of the technology sharing in return for very little. And they dont want to give out weapons.
    But they DO have powerful ships and can provide firepower. Hopefully they'll let us command the fleets since we seem to be overall better at that kind of thing than they do. They might

TOK'RA: The Tok'ra dont get along with the Jaffa Nation. No alliance with the Jaffa.

JAFFA: The Jaffa dont get along with the Tok'ra. No alliance with the Tok'ra.

[The Jaffa and Tok'ra cant be in the same alliance like UN]
    I think considering the alternatives, we could work out something, even if it meant that (barring a huge, major battle with all forces committed), neither of them work with the other.

GOA'ULD: As if... The Jaffa would kill the Goa'uld off before being in any beneficial alliance with them.
    Ditto.

GADMEER: Aliens from scorched Earth. Maybe...

ANCIENTS: As if... man, you're a dreamer.
    I think that would depend on if the Ori tried to directly intervene. IF the Ori tried to use their Ascended powers then I think that the Ancients might actually step in, the same as when Daniel tried using his powers against Anubis.

Therefore, even against certain destruction, these races will go their separate way and even together, they wouldnt get much done together.
    Survival can be a pretty powerful motivator. And I think that by this point Earth has enough political clout in the galaxy (and enough good diplomats) to pull it off. Especially if the Asgard and a few other races could be convinced to throw their weight behind it. They'd ***** and moan and gripe but in the end, they'd come around if only for self preservation.

Mind you in anything short of an all out war I wouldn't forsee anything like that happening. But the event that the Ori launched an all out no holds barred assault and we had enough time then I think it could be pulled off.

Comment

Originally posted by Avatar28
      It may also be that not ALL of the Nox are that way, only the handful we've met so far.
      LOL, imagine if the Knox SG-1 met were outcasts, Knox hipppies and the rest of the species were probably the most violent of the alliance

Comment

Originally posted by shaqarava
        LOL, imagine if the Knox SG-1 met were outcasts, Knox hipppies and the rest of the species were probably the most violent of the alliance
        They definitely DID seem like hippies didn't they? Mind you I doubt they're outcasts since they (or at least the lady) was also the one who came to help the Tollans and also came to Skara/Klorel's triad. But it IS possible that not all of the Nox are so utterly pacifistic. Certainly I think if they found that they could not hide for the Ori then they might reconsider. Probably not until then, though.

Comment

ok i'm new here-- but not new to stargate-- been loyal since the movie. i am remembering a scene with thor and sam when the replicants took over his ship--- they knew thor was going to die--- but didn't he tell sam that they would find him a new host or something?????? if that is how it went down--- then the conversation richard had with beau during the chess match comes to mind. jack said something to the effect of not being in sound mind. can't remember the actual wording---- anyways--- what if thor was placed inside of jack??? this would give the show reason to not have jack there all the time- only bring him back for special things. this would protect thor and jack????!!!!!!!

Comment

I don't think there is much debate that the Ori would win, unless I have forgotten something.
            First of all, would the Ori only care about spreading Origin to humans and not to people like the Asgard, if so would the Asgard help us fight? When those questions are answered the possibility of an Asgard meeting an Ori force becomes clearer. A head-to-head technological conflict would result in an Ori victory I do believe, but no solid facts come to mind to support this. However, they may be able to stave off an attack to defend themselves like we did in
            Spoiler:
            'Beachead' through clever ingenuity
            . But since the Asgard have a history of relying on their technology instead of "outside the box" thinking, I think they would need our help. TPTB have a wonderful way of thinking up creative ways for the underdog to win. Another way is to find some weapon in the ancient database. But that's not very original since they already used that. Thoughts?

Last edited by !Dorentus!; 21 August 2005, 02:27 PM.
            Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
            1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
            2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
            3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

If the Ori can vary easily wipe out the Asgard then we are in big trouble. As far as them turning, I don't think so because they know the Ancients. Not only know them them but had a great alliance with them. I'm sure they brought up their evil counter parts at the "After Party" from a realy good Peace Talk Summit.
              *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
              *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
              *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
              *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
              *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
              *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
              *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

The real question is whether the Asgard are under Ancient protection, which is the only thing preventing the Ori from acting directly.

Comment

The Asgard could always move to a galaxy that doesn't have gates.

Comment

The Ori cannot directly interfere with the universe, but can act through intermediaries, namely the Priors. As it is, when Daniel and Valla were in their galaxy, most of the technology we saw looked like ancient devices (the communicator, stargates, and ring devices). Also, to travel to our galaxy thet need access to the gate network. This makes me think that the asgard could hold their own in a tech only fight. We have seen them create their own black holes and we know that some of their tech is greater than other tech out there (eg Beam technology vs. Ring/Closet devices). If the balance between the Ori and the others were affected, however, you could have a major problem as they don't stand a chance against ascended beings.

Comment

Originally posted by OmicronPerseii9
                      The Ori cannot directly interfere with the universe
                      Yes they can, just not in our galaxy and probably Pegasus aswell...

Comment

Ori seem to rely on the same tech as the ancients. Asgard tech however not as advanced in some respects, can still be formidable match (see SGA:Trinity, eg asgard shields vs weapons). And as someone said the asgard are easily able to move to another galaxy not accessible by gates, its not like they have a problem with cloning a new population for a new homeworld every few seasons.

The big question is the Ori proclaim they are the creators of humans, will they say the same for the asgard?

Comment

Thor could always smite the Ori with his hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger82
                            The real question is whether the Asgard are under Ancient protection, which is the only thing preventing the Ori from acting directly.
                            The Ancients wouldn't even protect their own kind after getting ascended, which I think was the situation in Pegasus. After some ancients like Chaya ascended they could have easily won many battles against the wraith, but, well.... I don't really know what the problem was. Hmmm.... maybe I'm missing something.
                            Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
                            1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
                            2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
                            3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

Comment

ORI will wipe out Asgards if there is a direct confrontation. It's not even close.
                              Asgards is so backward compared to Ori, that they barely scratched the surface of the Ancient headsucking knowledge downloader, and that's something Ancients built before they even learned to ascend.
                              ORI has ascended. Asgards better pack up and run if they ever see an Ori.
                              "Thermodynamics is the only physical theory of universal content which, within the framework of the applicability of its basic concepts, I am convinced will never be overthrown." — Albert Einstein

Comment

The Asgard shall bow in humble account of the hallowed Ori.
                                I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Working...
                                X