This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gerak's System Lord Mark - SPOILER FOR SG-1 SEASON 9

Forgive me if this has already been stated somewhere, because if so, I haven't seen it, but does anyone know what system lord mark is on Gerak's head? I don't think we've seen it before. Hopefully they will say on friday, but I have just been wondering for a while...

ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Gerak is the prima of Atum.

Atum is an egyptian god whose main shrine was at Heliopolis along with Ra-Horakhty (Ra Horus of the horizon).
    To simplify, Khepri is the young sun (the morning), Ra or Ra-Horakhty the adult sun (zenith) and Atum the old sun (end of the day).

Hope it helps.

Comment

thanks, man. how did you find that out? was it over on the homepage or something?

Comment

You're welcome!

It was mentionned on the early sesaon 9 spoilers. (Origin if I remember well).
        Last edited by Osiris; 25 July 2005, 12:44 PM.

Comment

i did not know that thanks.
          i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

I think we'll learn more about him in "Origin".

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
              Forgive me if this has already been stated somewhere, because if so, I haven't seen it, but does anyone know what system lord mark is on Gerak's head? I don't think we've seen it before. Hopefully they will say on friday, but I have just been wondering for a while...

He has MY mark on his head. Come to think of it, he's getting a bit big for his britches.
              How could they leave me out?

Comment

well, hoho. you must not have been a very nice god to have lou gosset jr leave your service.

Comment

Anybody know of any reference linking Atum to the symbol - theres nothing here http://www.chevron26.com/mythology/esymbol.html
                  gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                  so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                  love Torri

Comment

I think it's the sun with two uraei on the lower part and two scepters (ouas-scepters maybe?) on the upper.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiris
                      Gerak is the prima of Atum.

Atum is an egyptian god whose main shrine was at Heliopolis along with Ra-Horakhty (Ra Horus of the horizon).
                      To simplify, Khepri is the young sun (the morning), Ra or Ra-Horakhty the adult sun (zenith) and Atum the old sun (end of the day).

Hope it helps.
                      Atum was also worshipped as the chief royal deity from the Middle Kingdom through the New Kingdom at Karnak and Luxor. When viewed as a component of Ra, Atum symbolizes creation, both of the world and of the Egyptians themselves.
                      Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                      Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                      Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                      Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCorpulent1
                        Atum was also worshipped as the chief royal deity from the Middle Kingdom through the New Kingdom at Karnak and Luxor. When viewed as a component of Ra, Atum symbolizes creation, both of the world and of the Egyptians themselves.
                        Nope, he wasn't the chief royal deity during the Middle Kingdom or the New Kingdom at Karnak or Luxor. It was Amun not Atum.

Comment

not every goauld is a system lord. atum was a minor one. system lords are the most powerful goauld only

Comment

Gerak served the great and powerful Oz, one of the strongest of the Goa'uld system lords, and whose name alone brought fear into the hearts of men.

Comment

whatever he was just a minor goauld

Comment

Working...
                              X