Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much do the Tok'ra know about Atlantis?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much do the Tok'ra know about Atlantis?

How much do the Tok'ra know about Atlantis? I highly doubt that earth would tell them anything about a place as saturated with technology as Atlantis. To my knowledge, they're well within their rights not to, the treaty says to share all knowledge concerning the goa'uld, and Atlantis doesn't apply. If they did know, where would they have gotten their information? After we've answered those questions either with future episodes or with something that somebody points out now the next couple of questions that come to mind are would they argue that they should have joint access to Atlantis? How could they get there? I wonder if this could turn to be a problem of mistrust between Tau'ri and Tok'ra. On one hand the Tok'ra did help earth along the way to finding the Lost City and wouldn't like earth hogging Atlantis all to themselves. On the other hand, many people would not trust the Tok'ra to have access to such abundant technology beyond what any of the other goa'uld possess. Sounds like it could be a temptation for power and you'd have to consider the possibility of a real goa'uld infiltrating Atlantis while hiding amongst the Tok'ra.
    Last edited by !Dorentus!; 21 July 2005, 06:10 PM.
    Things I've learned about the Stargate Universe:
    1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.
    2. Don't shake hands with a Wraith.
    3. Whacko! are the Ori. It's their way or the hot way.

They never tell us anything so we shouldnt tell them
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Even less than they know about the Antartic base. They know we have an Ancient defence system that Defeated Annubis' forces. I bet they don't know where it is let alone that it ended up being a gateway to The City That was made lost by the Ancients, builders of the gates.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

When did the Tok'ra help us in finding the lost city? I thought the ascended Dr. Jackson, and Jack O'neill were the ones responsible for finding Atlantis, I don't recall the Tok'ra ever helping to discover Atlantis, because all the information was either on the tablet Daniel found, in the Ancient repository, or in the outpost in Antarctica.

Comment

If Jacob or Martouf were around and wanted to know Id say tell them, they always helped us. The rest of them can go to sokar.
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

didn't the tokra severe ties (end the agreement) with earth and then rebel jaffa?

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
              When did the Tok'ra help us in finding the lost city? I thought the ascended Dr. Jackson, and Jack O'neill were the ones responsible for finding Atlantis, I don't recall the Tok'ra ever helping to discover Atlantis, because all the information was either on the tablet Daniel found, in the Ancient repository, or in the outpost in Antarctica.
              Well, they didn't help much to be honest but, without them it would have been atleast a lot harder. In 'Fallen' Tok'ra operatives worked together with earth to trick Anubis to come looking for a tablet that was planted by the Tok'ra so that Anubis' superweapon could be destroyed. In other episodes the Tok'ra helped keep Anubis at bay in general. Not much, but enough that from a biased Tok'ra's point of view, would be enough to complain at.
              1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                That's sort of how I feel but I'd like some other people's opinions first.
                Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                didn't the tokra severe ties (end the agreement) with earth and then rebel jaffa?
                I thought they were mad, but I didn't know that. Maybe someone could give some backup
                1. Don't kiss a goa'uld.

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  I'll drink to that. Besides we really don't have any ties to the Tok'ra anymore without Jacob and Martooth. They wanted to end the alliance with us, so they don't get play in the city of the Ancients.

They were annoying and always condesending, and they never seemed to want to help us unless there was something in it for them. It must be symbiote thing. I think Earth is much better without them.

Comment

Ah, the Tok'ra ***holes of the galaxy. no offense to Tok'ra fans as I only imply the Tok'ra are of the rectal cavity and not their fans.

Anyway, The Tok'ra are the Gou'ald that the Gou'ald didn't like much and kicked them out of their society. The reason for not liking them is they didn't take hosts willingly, atleast thats all we know, but we have seen them do otherwise.

The Tok'ra as we were lead to believe were the nice gou'ald who hated the gou'ald and all they stood for, infact they were jealous. They wanted the Glory of defeating the gou'ald, however they didnt want the Gou'ald to discover them and wipe them out for killing other system lords, so they did so over a vast ammount of time. Then all of a sudden a primative race jumps up to the gou'ald guns blazing and bam kills a few of them, they think wow we side with them, we may be able to kill alot of gouald and only the tauri will get slaughtered if they fail.

Well time went by, like a couple seasons, and the Tok'ra realised something.. the Tauri kill more gou'alds in a month than they have done in a 5 centuries! they start gettin jealous but not enough to abandon their friendship with the Tauri. Well, then the Jaffa rebellion joins the Tauri in the war, and it appears that the tauri favor them moreso. The Tauri dont care either way they both got snakes in them. Anyway, then they realize that all across the galaxy people will be praising the Tauri and maybe the Jaffa because their actually out doing something abotu the gouald. And bam. The Tok'ra get mad and leave, prolly helpin baal.

We have no real communication with the Tok'ra Jacob prolly had to sneek back to earth in reckoning. and the tokra share a small ammount of intel and tech. There have only been 3 good tok'ra, Martoof, selmack, and that hot chick. lol
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Gotta agree with most of you. Screw 'em. They were never fully honest with humans about everything, why be totally honest with them? Atlantis is our baby.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Aren't most of them dead? There are only a handful of them left, so knowing about Atlantis is probably the elast of their concerns.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
                          We have no real communication with the Tok'ra Jacob prolly had to sneek back to earth in reckoning. and the tokra share a small ammount of intel and tech. There have only been 3 good tok'ra, Martoof, selmack, and that hot chick. lol
                          Well there was that other chick that help save them from Hathor and then the poor guy they saved from Boch, he seemed ok. I would have to say that there were probably a number of Tokra that were cheering on the Tau'ri just none on the counsule because Jack made them all look like idiots and basically called them liars to their face, its all about politics (bunch of kinseys).

Back on Topic. Atlantis has nothing to do with the gou'ld so no need to tell the Tokra unless you want their help to research somthing (like how to make a completely synthetic form of tretonin and how to lesson the addictive side effects).
                          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                          X