This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Same Ancient?

Forgive me if this has been said before but I was looking through the season 9 Stargate SG-1 photos and noticed that Merlin is played by the same guy who played an Ancient in Stargate Atlantis's episode "Before I sleep" as one of the Elder Ancient's who wanted Janus to discontinue his time machine

Could that Elder Ancient be Merlin? or is it another case of hiring the same actor
    the good ole days of sg-1

Originally posted by GoldenSG-1
    Forgive me if this has been said before but I was looking through the season 9 Stargate SG-1 photos and noticed that Merlin is played by the same guy who played an Ancient in Stargate Atlantis's episode "Before I sleep" as one of the Elder Ancient's who wanted Janus to discontinue his time machine

Could that Elder Ancient be Merlin? or is it another case of hiring the same actor

We'll find out. It would make sense, especially if he's the one who left the time machine that SG-1 found in "It's Good to Be King".

Comment

That elder ancient in "Before I Sleep" hated the idea of a time ship, so chances are that Janus is the one actually who left the time ship for SG1 to find in order to get the ZPM in the past to give to Atlantis I think this is just the same case of hiring the same actor. Narim the Tollan also plays Dr. Weir's boyfriend in SGA. TPTB just like using the same actors

Comment

like the asassin in Line of Duty and the Revisions.
        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

That would be cool. He did come across as someone having his own agenda. Maybe al kinds of things happened when they returned through the gate and he turned to the darkside. Is Merlin good or in bed with the Ori. Because if he is good, then he is still a Jedi.
          *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
          *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
          *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
          *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
          *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
          *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
          *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

i believe the ancient who plays merlin is the same ancient that was in *before i sleep*. in *avalon, part 1* daniel finds out that the ancient's name is on the list of ancients who left atlantis when the wraith attacked. that would make him ... pretty old. LOL. but yeah, i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed that. :-P

Comment

Here are the pics of both
              http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/1...before282.html

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/901_18.shtml
              Last edited by Wass; 17 July 2005, 12:00 PM.
              "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I believe Merlin is an Ori spy or something of the sort, as when you think about it...it was Merlin's device that led Vala and Daniel to the Ori...Merlin was also in Atlantis...which would explain the Wraith. What if the Ori were the masterminds behind it all...the plague...the Wraith...their way of ridding the universe of the Ancients once and for all! This way they could rule the universe...what they didn't know was that the Ancients recreated life in the milky way =-o. And we have a few friends protecting us in a higher plane of existance...lol.

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

Perhaps if someone was to look at the casting list for the two episodes we might see if it is the same actor, if not, then it is likely just a coincedence they lookalike.

J.

Comment

They look like the same guy, and it wouldn't be too far fetched if they were the same Ancient.
                    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Was the ancient in the Atlantis episode credited with a name?

Comment

I think you guys are judging this on the fact that he was old....

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

It is the same actor. Matthew Walker is credited with playing Moros in Atlantis episode 'Before I Sleep' and Merlin is SG-1 episode 'Avalon 1'. He also played Rohan in SG-1 season 2 episode 'Touchstone'

Comment

But Moros isn't the name Daniel gave from the list... so same actor but not the same ancient. Would've been cool though.

Comment

Not necessarily. Did anyone call him "Moros" in the episode? It's one thing for him to be called that by the production crew behind the scenes and then have his name changed to Myrddin/Merlin when the crew realizes they could make a connection between the two and recast the same guy, and another for him to actually be a guy named Moros in the show.
                              Thornbird: I'm Major Robort Thornbird. And you are?
                              Jack: Captain James T. Kirk of the starship Enterprise.
                              Thornbird: Your dog tags say otherwise.
                              Jack: ... They're lying.

Comment

Working...
                              X