This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hatcheter
    I think we can make it official. Here's a screen cap from 'New Order' where General O'Neill is first introduced.

Notice how the star on his shoulder is at the edge. Now in the teaser, the angle isn't as good, but it's clear there is one star at the center of the shoulder, and something else that is shiny nearer to the edge.
    Actually the costume designers made a mistake with RDA's uniform in the picture shown above. The star on his shoulder should not be at the edge. It should instead be in the middle. They quickly corrected it later in the season... but this is how it should look:

As you can see the star is in the middle of the epitaph where it should be...
    In the picture below O'Neill is wearing the star correctly, all be it he doesn't have his jacket on yet. But it was quickly fixed after New Order

I would like to thank Stargatefan.com and Airforce.mil for providing the pictures. Must give credit where credit is due...

Ace
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Epitaph!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what it's called.

They still hadn't fixed Jack's jacket by 'Covenant'. I figure they probably got the shoulder boards (?) for the shirt from the Air Force (or whever they get authentic uniforms and such from), as that piece has the star stiched into place (i.e., can't mess it up).

Good find on the correct placement picture, and I think that clarifies that there's not going to be something other than a second star at the end of the epitaph.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by SGRanger06
        They need a new medal. I don't think theres any medal out there right now for alien buster or goul'd slayer lol. Or perhaps Miktah of the Month....no wait that shoulden't be a medal.

The Medals are based on the military medal system thats why they dont make anymore medals

Comment

In Origin, you can see that Jack is now a two star General.

Comment

hammond is retired or placed in home solar system security

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
              hammond is retired or placed in home solar system security
              Actually I think Joe Mallozzi said that Hammond retired and became a presidental advisor on matters relating to the Stargate.

As much as I don't think Hammond would ever retire... and that he should have stayed as Head of Homeworld Security and O'Neill should have become Deputy Head of Homeworld Security.

But I don't get my way, because I'm a fan and not a writer!!

Ace
              "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                But I don't get my way, because I'm a fan and not a writer!!

Ace
                That's just the way things go, sometimes. Just gotta roll with the punches, I guess.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

too bad hammond was cool

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                    Epitaph!! I couldn't for the life of me remember what it's called.

They still hadn't fixed Jack's jacket by 'Covenant'. I figure they probably got the shoulder boards (?) for the shirt from the Air Force (or whever they get authentic uniforms and such from), as that piece has the star stiched into place (i.e., can't mess it up).

Good find on the correct placement picture, and I think that clarifies that there's not going to be something other than a second star at the end of the epitaph.
                    Not to be picking at nits here...but the word you're searching for is epaulet.

An epitaph is the writing enscribed on someone's tombstone.

*insert snarky comment regarding Stargate SG-1's demise and future epitaph here*

I'm just sayin'.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                    X