Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, rest assured that Sky are certain to begin airing in September. It's just the way that they do things. Generally over in the UK most of the new series of shows start towards the end of summer through winter. Don't ask me why

But judging by the past few seasons, we'll be getting season eight in September and hopefully Atlantis also. Channel 4 will probably start broadcasting season seven in September as they normally do

If anyone that has Sky that can record it via Sky+ then that is a great way to do it. Espically since you can copy to tape and DVD. Even better if you have a DVD-RW. If you have software for DVD's on your computer than you can even remove the commercials. I did just this with the Lost City Pt. 1
    __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Jane
      I thought it was getting aired around June/July time. I heard a date like July 16th. But hope like hell its on before september.
      That's when it airs in the US! Sky don't air it until September, at the least, normally late September....

Comment

They screen from September (for most shows) because Summer is considered "non-rating". People, historically, watch less television over the Summer so advertisers do not pump so much in to networks for advertising which means less revenue and no incentive to screen top rated/popular shows.

It works slightly differently in the US because the cable networks have their own content, are not in all markets and would have a very difficult time competing with the new offerings of the major networks (more cash etc). So they start in the Summer with the view of hopefully carrying the viewers over when they screen again after Christmas.

Comment

I agree, most shows do begin around September. Also, we start seeing new series of others shows in January or February time. Generally if this is a all new show such as Tru Calling was!
          __

__

Comment

I was wondering the samething.
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

If you have any proof, then please do share it. I wrote to Sky recently and they said that no slot had been yet arranged
              __

__

Comment

I've been trying to get in touch with you,tried to send you email but it would'nt let me,got the email off sky for you here,i work for Telewest broadband in faults,so am always on there case,get in touch anubis I would be happy to share in information of the Goa'uld (lol)
                "Silence"Kneel before your God
                Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

Working...
                X