This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hrh36
    Perhaps the sacrifice is "the team," i.e. who's this Aron dude and why can't the members of SG-1 help Teal'c?????

Probably because the producers have those actors off filming their own story-of-the-week-without-the-team episode? Arghhhhh!

Sorry for the sarcasm, but this sounds like a great episode that could be so much better if the team was working TOGETHER to help Teal'c.

hrh
    Jebus, you dont even know any details about the episode and youre criticising the lack of team action already just because a new character appears

Fandom is great :thup:

Comment

I don't think that they would get rid of Bratak. Especially not in an episode CJ was writing. If you think about it, Bra'tac is the one character that Teal's always gets a lot of lines with. I can't imagine he would forsake all the future scenes for one biggie.

Comment

Hmmm....some additional spoilers posted over at the Solutions website.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...x.php?p=58&c=1

Here's the interesting part....about the wedding......
        Dealing with the Goa'uld Moloc’s attack on Ishta and her people is just one of Teal'c’s problems in the Jaffa-themed Sacrifices. It seems the Big Guy is less than thrilled to discover son Ryac’s wedding plans
        Looks like Ryac may indeed be the lucky guy!
        Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

He's like 16!!!
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Actually he's probably closer to 18-20, but I wouldn't be that surprised if in Jaffa culture it is far more "acceptable"/common to get married at a younger age.

Don't ask me why, that's just the 'feel' I get when I watch Jaffa, despite their long lives.
            ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
            The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Very cool! (And hint as to the source of this info?)
              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Spoilers and such

I've speculated for some time that it would be Rya'c would was getting hitched... and it's great to see that it might be the case. If Bra'tac bites it... it had better be one heck of a battle. I wonder if he will ascend?? I know that the concept is a bit over-used, but at least it has been set up in advance for Bra'tac's character (MATERNAL INSTINCT). Plus, wasn't one of the requirements for his ascension to lose the 'demon' inside of him? Well, I guess he can check that one off

If Bra'tac does go, and Rya'c does marry... it would be cool to see a follow-up episode later in the season where Rya'c has a son and names him after Bra'tac

Comment

Spoilers and such
                  A recent spoiler indicated that in Epsiode 809 - Sacrifices, that T'ealc is less than happy with Ryac's wedding plans. Is it because of the age at which Ryac is getting hitched, or who he is getting hitched to. Why? Enquiring minds want to know.

Comment

Mind you, however early they marry, Teal'c was clearly childless until his early eighties.

Dag nabbit though; now I need to try and retcon my fanfic continuity again. Curse my mania for canon compatibility.
                    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by priornavalperson
                      Spoilers and such
                      A recent spoiler indicated that in Epsiode 809 - Sacrifices, that T'ealc is less than happy with Ryac's wedding plans. Is it because of the age at which Ryac is getting hitched, or who he is getting hitched to. Why? Enquiring minds want to know.
                      Don't know.....the spoiler didn't say. It could be either, or both. Teal'c sounds like he's going to be exploring the Taur'i culture this season.....perhaps he's concerned that Rya'c is getting married way too young. Or perhaps Rya'c has fallen in love with the daughter of one of Teal'c old rivals.

I'm wondering if the "Big Fat Jaffa Wedding" episode and "Sacrifices" are one and the same or if the actual wedding will be taking place in a different episode?
                      Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

they are the same episode

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                          Mind you, however early they marry, Teal'c was clearly childless until his early eighties.
                          Of course, he was in service to Apophis at the time... alot of career military types don't have children right away.

Comment

This may be true, but Teal'c wasn't a career military man; he was a slave warrior in the service of a false god. You'd think that he would be expected to have children - whom his wife would raise - to serve the god after him.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by priornavalperson
                              If Bra'tac -- who has been a father figure to Teal'c -- dies, and Rya'c leaves the family nest, Teal'c will essentially lose his entire Jaffa family in one episode. Reason enough to give the big guy the blues.
                              In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane. ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

if Bra'tac dies-i'm gonna fly over to Vancouver and punch whoever thought of *that* idea!!!!

jack 4 daniel 4eva
                                from kady
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X