X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened To Keith Ballard.???

So If This is the last season...

we'll we ever see keith ballard return from P7X-377 (http://gateworld.net/sg1/s3/321.shtml)

AFAIK he's never returned....
    Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Originally posted by Skate Zilla
    So If This is the last season...

we'll we ever see keith ballard return from P7X-377 (http://gateworld.net/sg1/s3/321.shtml)

AFAIK he's never returned....
    His name was Nick Ballard, not Keith, but you're right; he's never returned since then. His name was mentioned once, but I don't recall which episode it was.

They really need to revisit the Crystal Skull world in season 9!
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
      His name was Nick Ballard, not Keith, but you're right; he's never returned since then. His name was mentioned once, but I don't recall which episode it was.

They really need to revisit the Crystal Skull world in season 9!
      I may not be entirely correct about this, but I believe the TPTB were asked about Daniel's grandfather, Nick Ballard, during the panel discusssion at the Vancouver Con. They pretty much skirted the isssue, so I doubt we will see grandpop again. I thought, since they weren't willing to discuss the Furlings either, why not combine the story lines and make Nick's giants the Furlings? I know......stupid idea. I'm still waiting for the Furlings.....(taps her foot).
      Last edited by Lida; 25 April 2005, 05:56 PM. Reason: I can't type....
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

That is one of so many unanswered questions. The Giant Aliens, Furlings, will we see the Nox again, that alien that made Jack think he was a soldier but was kinda scary looking, and many many more...we would all love for any one of them to be re-entered again!

They most likely never will as many of those episodes were meant to be one/two part episodes!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
          I may not be entirely correct about this, but I believe the TPTB were asked about Daniel's grandfather, Nick Ballard, during the panel discusssion at the Vancouver Con. They pretty much skirted the isssue, so I doubt we will see grandpop again. I thought, since they weren't willing to discuss the Furlings either, why not combine the story lines and make Nick's giants the Furlings? I know......stupid idea. I'm still waiting for the Furlings.....(taps her foot).
          I remember reading an interview with Brad Wright a few years ago, where he said that the Furling were just a buzz word. They needed 4 races for the alliance mentioned in The Fifth Race, and Robert C. Cooper just wrote them as the Furlings.
          They never really intended on bringing them back until viewers started talking about them. That's why they were the race in Paradise Lost; they were just tossed in there for a little continuity, and to keep the viewers wondering who they are, which is nobody yet.

Personally, I like the fact that they haven't introduced us to the Furlings, but I'm not against them doing it. I just hope they do it before they end SG-1.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I Think the Last of the Furlings Died off in that paradise on the moon..

as for the Ancients... You'd think they'd still be around somewhere..

I Mean the Populated 3 Or MOre Galaxies (3 Confirmed, Milkyway, Pegasus, and Asguards Galaxy.. dont remember name off hand..)

So.. They All Ascended Anyway.... Regardless....

But Closing the Series With toomany things unfinished is stupid....

Im Thinking MGM is going to find away to link the Ballard ALiens to some aliens we've already met... or are going to meet in this upcoming season..
            Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
              I remember reading an interview with Brad Wright a few years ago, where he said that the Furling were just a buzz word. They needed 4 races for the alliance mentioned in The Fifth Race, and Robert C. Cooper just wrote them as the Furlings.
              They never really intended on bringing them back until viewers started talking about them. That's why they were the race in Paradise Lost; they were just tossed in there for a little continuity, and to keep the viewers wondering who they are, which is nobody yet.

Personally, I like the fact that they haven't introduced us to the Furlings, but I'm not against them doing it. I just hope they do it before they end SG-1.
              I apologize. You are correct. At the Vancouver Convention, Brad Wright did state that a very tired Rob Cooper (who was sitting next to him), did come up with the name Furlings, as they really needed a name for the fifth race. However, I guess I missed the fact that it was the Furlings who died out in Paradise. I'll have to go check again.

Thanks for the info!
              On fighting:
              Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
              Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                I apologize. You are correct. At the Vancouver Convention, Brad Wright did state that a very tired Rob Cooper (who was sitting next to him), did come up with the name Furlings, as they really needed a name for the fifth race. However, I guess I missed the fact that it was the Furlings who died out in Paradise. I'll have to go check again.

Thanks for the info!
                As I understand it, the Furlings that went to the Paradise moon were just a particular group of Furlings. Not the entire race. Personally, I agree with your earlier post when you said the 'Giant Aliens' might be the Furlings. It seems someone hinted that we might've already met the Furlings, and quite frankly the 'giant aliens' are the only alien species that seemed impressive enough to me that could be the Furlings. (Unless it is the aliens from 'spirit', the shapeshifters...) After all, they had this huge pyramid big enough to fit all the pyramids on Earth inside of it, not to mention the whole Muon thing.

So, those are my top two choices for the Furlings... The 'Giant aliens' or the 'Shapeshifters' from the Native American planet. Either one of those seem powerful and benevolent enough to qualify as one of the Ancient Alliance. It would also make sense that as one of the Alliance they would have a place in Earth mythology somewhere. The 'giant alien' race spoke Aztec... and the shapeshifters took on the name of the Indian's spirits. Anywho...

The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

What I think is pretty cool is that even Michael Shanks would love to revisit the Nick Ballard story. He mentioned it at the Vancouver con.
                  No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

The problem with the'Giant Aliens' arc is that to see them you needed to get a hold of the Crystal Skull. Then with all that stuff coming out of it, it seemed like they were taken into another realm or plain of existence. So I can't see them being the Furlings especially comparing the surroundings between the cavern & the planet. So if they are that big then their heads would be way up in the sky. Give them a sore neck everytime they tried to come down to speak to some of their invited guests.

Comment

The Furlings are about the only big unanswered question.

Nick Ballard wanted to stay with the Giant Aliens, and I don't see a reason why he would come back to Earth.

Who cares about the Nox? Answer: nobody.

You can't bring someone back just because you like them. You have to have a reason to. Why should Nick Ballard be brought back? Why should we see the Nox again? Last time I checked, there ain't a d*** think worth following up about the Nox. Nice characters, but dont see anything. They only thing that could probably work is the Furlings.

Comment

Nick Ballard was mentioned in Evolution, Part 1, from Season 7.

I'd personally like to see him revisted; I'd think it would be interesting to find out what he's been up to with the Giant Aliens.

Comment

Yes...it would be nice to see Nick again. Who knows what type of knowledge he may have gained!
                          sigpic

Comment

sadly TPTB don't know what to do (or don't want to) with him and the giants

Comment

It's another loose end that TPTB most likely won't re-visit.

Comment

Working...
                              X