Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dear mods, was my post removed? it would have been post 5 for this thread? It goes along a similar vein to other posts in this thread saying that hitler was crazy but he was quite clever to have compelled his country to go along with his ideas. As far as the ancient thing goes, i wouldn't call them superior to us but they did have a more advanced physiology but that was simply because they had evolved for longer and got to that stage rather than an inherent supremacy. Eventually we would have evolved to their state such that the human brain could hande an ancient repository, we would get frozen woman's healing powers etc etc. It's simply a case of time, like the Tollans not having experienced a thousand year long dark age had simply had their tech evolve beyond us.

One potential problem and interesting storyline could be the world's response to finding out. It could be extremely unifying as we fidn out we are not alone but it could also be extremely divisive cuasing another rise of extremist groups. The thing is the ancient organically grew their tech and so did the tollans (by organically i dont mean some weird biological growth but that their tech naturally evolved over time). Our tech is accelerating in an effort to catch up with other races however we are doing it so fast that economically, politically and sociologically we have not had time to adapt and adjust all the while it seems intersting that more advanced societies have more primitive lifestyles, certain Nox living on the ground, Jaffa etc. Just announcement of the stargate program could spawn a wealth of episodes. P.S. SG1 kind of has already met some Nazis, well at least people with their kind of beliefs in an episode where they help a side in a war. The leader of the racist side is played by rene auberjonois (plays Odo on Star Trek DS9). As some one mentioned above the nazis from a historical point could be interesting either finding a world where they did win a war against the rest or perhaps to do with earth's two gates' histories including revolution against Ra, the years before goa'uld, how the goa'uld came along, the years after on earth after Ra left etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
      Nazis found a DHd not a stargate. IF Hitler was an ancient or trying to restore the ancients then he wouldn't have killed Jews. Unless he fits in with the Orii and their ways.
      I agree with you, Metarock.

Originally posted by Egeria
      I second that....the man was a mass murderer
      I third that.....for the exact same reason as you, Egeria.

I can't understand why anyone would actually want to see Nazis on Stargate.
      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Egeria
        I second that....the man was a mass murderer
        A man who murdered 6 million innocent people and spent his whole political career playing on the fear of millions of people has no place in civilized society or in stargate and I am sure that most people on this board will agree with me
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Mentioning him in Stargate as some sort of alien, ancient, or the like would be a bad idea.

On the other hand, if the Nazis had been after some sort of very old alien tech, that'd be fine. It'd be much like Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Buddha
            Mentioning him in Stargate as some sort of alien, ancient, or the like would be a bad idea.

On the other hand, if the Nazis had been after some sort of very old alien tech, that'd be fine. It'd be much like Raiders of the Lost Ark.
            All a bad idea.FULL STOP
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              All a bad idea.FULL STOP
              Well said. I don't consider myself to be the kind of person that's easily offended, but for some reason this thread really has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Comment

A few points of clarity....

I think Katherine Langford's father was Swedish, not German. He was speaking Swedish in the movie, not German. German and Swedish are related and close, but I' pretty sure Dr. Langford was a Swedish archaeologist. He never gave the Stargate to the Germans. He owned it independently, and some time, in the 1930s or 1940s, gave it to the US Government. His daughter maintained a constant connection to it throughout its being up until the second mission to Abydos.

The Nazis did find the DHD, but by the time they did, the Gate was removed and in Dr. Langford's possession, or in the US. The Nazis also found Goa'uld DNA and other artifacts which were later controlled by the NID (Rogue agents). Dr. Keffler's father ("Ressurection") was one of the Nazi scientists commissioned by Hitler and the SS to study such things. This research passed from the Nazis to the US authorities after the fall of the Reich. Just like much of the experimental rocket stuff with Dr. Werner von Braun, an SS Major, who later headed NASA during the 60s and 70s. Dr. von Braun's knowledge and much of his SS staff were reassigned to the US Military after the fall of the Reich.

It's very possible Hitler was influenced by external sources (e.g., Goa'uld, Orii, etc.). He did acquire a lot of advanced technology and advanced knowledge during a very primitive time period. Within 13 years, the Germans experimented with nuclear weapons, antigravity engines, lasers, special radar scanning, undersea travel, rocketry, genetic engineering, stealth aircraft, and they employed highly advanced engineering concepts for the time. How they all of this knowledge in such a short amount of time remains a mystery. If you linked these real life events to the Stargate universe, who knows? It's a stretch, but still...it would make for an interesting plot. IMO, that would make for a better plot than King Arthur and Merlin.

As for the issue of Hitler being stupid, it's amazing how many people out there assume that because someone thinks Hitler was an intelligent person, that person must be a racist Nazi fascist. In the original Star Trek series, Spock told Capt. Kirk that the Nazis had the most efficient and "logical" state on Old Earth. Does that statement mean that the pacifict Vulcan Spock is a racist Nazi? Of course not. He was simply stating a fact and making an observation. Unfortunately, for many, the Holocaust and Hitler are inseparably connected. If you separate the two, it's easy to see that although mentally ill, Hitler was in fact, quite intelligent. His mind became cloudy and paranoid later in his years, as his health deterioriated, but he was an exceptionally smart man. Was he evil? Hell yes, but intelligence and alignment are not mutually exclusive.

The scary part of WWII is that Hitler could have won the war. Had he possessed a little more mental clarity, and a little less racial hatred, he very well could have focused his full attention to defeating the Brits, Americans, and Russians. With those three allies out of the way, the world would have been his for the taking. Just think about that for a minute. Had he defeated Britain and Russia, no one would have stopped him from conquering all of Europe, Africa, and most of Asia and the Middle East. Once that was done, he would have set his sights on the US. If allied with Japan still, Germany would have owned the US.

Hitler's mental instability was his ultimate downfall. Had he been "sane", with his military might, advanced technology, and twisted passion, the Earth would have been his. His insanity probably prevented a horrible fate for all humanity!

Comment

Any Asian or African Lantians(Ancient)?

I didn't see that episode of SGA:Before I sleep, so i am not sure if any of the Ancient in that episode (anyone in the background) were Asian or African .
                  But i am sure some of the Ancients were Asian or African looking.

But if you remember that episode the Summit, the Goa'uld system Lord were made up of multi-racial host.
                  There were Asian ,African and European looking System Lord.
                  I think Goa'uld were more open mind to multi-racial society.Unlike human , an African host were use by some of the most powerful Goa'uld system lord as a host, Yu were once emperor of ancient China, but he took a white guy (Daniel )as his servant for host if there were an emergency.

Anyway ,remeber that episode when NID call SG1 to help them , when one of the rogue NID cell were kill by that Human/Goa'uld hybrid, create by a son of Nazi war criminal , and they were a lot of Goa'uld stuff discover by Nazi , like that bomb

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                    A man who murdered 6 million innocent people and spent his whole political career playing on the fear of millions of people has no place in civilized society or in stargate and I am sure that most people on this board will agree with me
                    Please don't think this thread is an admiration of Hitler. He was an insane psychopath who came close to dominating the Earth. There's a Nazi link to Stargate (e.g., the DHD and Dr. Keffler), but it was never developed further. No one here seems to be supporting or admiring Hitler, but just linking him with Stargate.

It's odd, but many people are deeply attracted to the "dark side" of life. Even though it's been 60 years since the fall of the Reich, thousands of people each year maintain an active interest in the Nazi era, the SS, the Gestapo, the death camps, etc. Same with the Salem Witch Trials, the Amityville Horror, serial killers, mass murderers, etc. I don't know why so many people are fascinated by such things, but evil does attract attention. In the sci-fi world, a lot of people try to link human evils with supernatural things. In a way, this might be an attempt to justify such human evil by attributing the evil to an external source (demonic, extraterrestrial, etc.). It makes sense psychologically, but in reality, such attempts are just ways for rational good people to make sense of human evil.

Please dont be offended. No one here admires Hitler or the horrible things he did. A few people are just speculating and trying to link it with Stargate even though there is no true linkage.

Comment

"More evolved" does not equal "objectively better." Evolution is the process of keeping mutations which are beneficial to the organism's environment in the gene pool through natural selection.

This concept of a "higher-evolved race" is science fiction, not science.

Also, Hitler may have been intelligent but he definitely didn't grasp true eugenics (whether that was by choice or not is irrelevant.) The groups defined as "races" have very little to do with actual genetic material and exterminating a "race" would never do anything to improve the human gene pool.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your Colonel speaking, welcome to ... P3X-niner-eight-niner ... where it's a balmy ... room temperature."

Comment

It seems like petty racism based on skin color would be less likely once people realized their were different species of intelligent life out there...I sure hate things being compared to Nazi's...it is just one of those things that was so dark.
                        sigpic

Comment

That racism would just be put on aliens from other planets.
                          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganjaman
                            dear mods, was my post removed?
                            No, I've checked and nothing on this thread appears to have been deleted, edited, or moderated. Perhaps your post got eaten by a server hiccup; sorry if it was.

(Plenty of this thread is Off Topic, but as long as it's civil and DOESN'T STOP THE ACTUAL TOPIC FROM BEING DISCUSSED then I'll not be intervening.)

Madeleine

Comment

This thread getting a bit off topic...

Maybe if any thing, on an earth based ep if ruins are found/were found they could of been found by the Nazi, I just think if it was mentioned as a reason not to go public, "look what happened when the Nazi tried" or subet

Comment

:lol What would the primititive Nazis think when facing a superior Jaffa Warrior?

They would surrender and beg forgiveness......:lol Then the Jaffa would destroy them and put them in their own death camps......with everybody
                                else.
                                Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X