X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TameFarrar
    spoiler space just in case - Birthright, Death Knell

I was thinking along those lines to but I still wondered if it had been addressed somewhere.. It just seems that sometimes it is something like this that gets lost in the *big picture* but is an important piece to one of the main characters of the show. And if there is no back story on what was the progression then TPTB are scrambling to fill it in and they are not very good at that.
    Also, if the Jaffa alliance has broke down then are we to assume that the rebel Jaffa are still relying on symbiotes and not Trutonin? Because if they are using the medicine how are they to get it?
    First I don't think there are any Jaffa out there using the Tritonin besides Bra'tac that the 4 or 5 women Jaffa from Birthright. Janet made some comment about 80% success rate not being a bad thing on a first trial. Which suggests to me that they haven't used it on other Jaffa at that point besides T and Bray.

Second I don't think the Jaffa broke off relations with us, they just decided they needed to move off onto their own base/planet where they could be independet of the SGCs regulation for the gate, and the SGCs structure for orginization. At least that was the impression I got from the episode.

So the Jaffa never relied on Tritonin and if they wanted/needed it I'm sure we'd be more then happy to supply, assuming we have enough
    ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
    The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
      First I don't think there are any Jaffa out there using the Tritonin besides Bra'tac that the 4 or 5 women Jaffa from Birthright. Janet made some comment about 80% success rate not being a bad thing on a first trial. Which suggests to me that they haven't used it on other Jaffa at that point besides T and Bray.

Second I don't think the Jaffa broke off relations with us, they just decided they needed to move off onto their own base/planet where they could be independet of the SGCs regulation for the gate, and the SGCs structure for orginization. At least that was the impression I got from the episode.

So the Jaffa never relied on Tritonin and if they wanted/needed it I'm sure we'd be more then happy to supply, assuming we have enough
      Ok that makes sense to me .......i had forgotten about the 80% on the First Trial statement

Well I had still been thinking about the Jaffa because they really made no comment either way that was clear in my mind just what the stand was there. Other than the fact that they were moving to be under their own steam. But I did get the impression that they would NOT be contacting the SGC until they felt that they would be *equal* to them in some manner.
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

That was the impression I got too, that the Tok'ra broke off relations, but the Jaffa just left the Alpha site because they wanted independance. I assumed that the alliance with them is still there, if not as strong as it used to be.
        I also got the impression that it was the Tok'ra who have most of the tretonin. If all the women in Birthright are taking it, the SGC probably doesn't have enough for all of them, so would the Tok'ra still be supplying them I wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
          I also got the impression that it was the Tok'ra who have most of the tretonin. If all the women in Birthright are taking it, the SGC probably doesn't have enough for all of them, so would the Tok'ra still be supplying them I wonder?
          Really? What gave you that impression? (honest curiosity)

With no Tok'ra around durring Birthright, and only Janet conducting the experiment I got the distinct impression that the SGC had their own supply to work with...

And I don't think that all the Jaffa in Birthright were taking the Tritionin I would assume that for right now only the 4 or 5 from the initial experiment were on it.

Spoiler Space Orphius s7

Also the other question is how long does one of those purple thingies last. In Orphius I got the impression that one of those could last 3 weeks (?) or what ever the time frame was between when he was caught and when he ran out.
          ~BCM =)

Comment

Really? What gave you that impression? (honest curiosity)
            With no Tok'ra around durring Birthright, and only Janet conducting the experiment I got the distinct impression that the SGC had their own supply to work with...
            I think it's just because it seemed to be the Tok'ra who were doing the experiments with the tretonin, particularly to be used by the Jaffa. Also, since it was their queen who died because of it, I kind of thought they would have an invested interest in it. I do think the SGC have their own supply, I just don't think it's as much as the Tok'ra, and a lot of what they have may be reserved for Teal'c & Bra'tac.

And I don't think that all the Jaffa in Birthright were taking the Tritionin I would assume that for right now only the 4 or 5 from the initial experiment were on it.
            I don't think all the Jaffa in Birthright are on it either, but the whole point of the experiment was to see if it would be a viable option for all of them at some point, right? I suppose I was just thinking out loud that if they are all on tretonin and if the SGC don't have enough to go round, will the Tok'ra supply them? I'm not making much sense, am I?

Spoiler Space Orphius s7

Also the other question is how long does one of those purple thingies last. In Orphius I got the impression that one of those could last 3 weeks (?) or what ever the time frame was between when he was caught and when he ran out.
            I assume it would be however long he was in that camp, but we don't really know how long it was from the time they were captured to the time Daniel remembered they were there...I don't think it was said in the episode. Also, Bra'tac was rationing it too, so it may not usually last as long as it did in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
              I think it's just because it seemed to be the Tok'ra who were doing the experiments with the tretonin, particularly to be used by the Jaffa. Also, since it was their queen who died because of it, I kind of thought they would have an invested interest in it. I do think the SGC have their own supply, I just don't think it's as much as the Tok'ra, and a lot of what they have may be reserved for Teal'c & Bra'tac.

Ah, good point.

I don't think all the Jaffa in Birthright are on it either, but the whole point of the experiment was to see if it would be a viable for all of them at some point, right?

I was under the impression they were just looking for more people to test it on. IF that lead to more and more people on the drug I would assume that they would make sure they didn't excede their abilities.

I suppose I was just thinking out loud that if they are all on tretonin and if the SGC don't have enough to go round, will the Tok'ra supply them? I'm not making much sense, am I?
              Makes sense to me, and I suppose that's a good question if we did excede our ability to produce/get it would the Tok'ra supply it... well IMO it would depend on if it served their interests or not.

I assume it would be however long he was in that camp, but we don't really know how long it was from the time they were captured to the time Daniel remembered they were there...I don't think it was said in the episode. Also, Bra'tac was rationing it too, so it may not usually last as long as it did in that case.
              That's true he was rationing it, but either way that means it can last for a while, and that purple thingie wasn't that big, so it really doesn't take a lot to work.

Although I suppose it might just mean it's really concentrated.

hmmm... too many unknowns
              ~BCM =)

Comment

Working...
              X