This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
    I don't think there's an "Anti-Sam Thread"available,on THIS Forum,as GW has a very Non-"Team/Actor Bashing" Policy according to the Forum rules......
    If there can be an anti Pete thread where folks are freee to vent their frustrations and (I assume) bash the character, then I don't see why someone couldn't start one for Sam. Or Jack, or Daniel...

Comment

Then no doubt Flynn, or someone else, can start one.

They may be best off, getting some advice from Darren or the Mods,first!!

I know there's an Anti Pete Thread,but he isn't a "Main Character",so I have no idea whether Anti-Sam/Daniel/Jack/Teal'c/Jonas might be allowed.

As long as they can confine any Anti-whomever stuff to just that Thread and related theme Threads,they can vent whatever bile they like,IMO !

Any Non-Protected Threads are "Open Season" for everyone to fire back or whatever they wish.

I wasn't dissing Flynn's POV, by the way,just stating mine,while giving a New-comer some handy tips on where they'll be safe from attack from those among us who might take exception to their views.

For me, I still feel that PTB,not "Sam" is the real Beef.Others really seem to be looking at Sam/AT,or Jack/RDA,as the main Aunt Sally.No problem,IMO,if it's in the right Thread and the Poster isn't Trojan Horsing a grudge out of context to other themes all the time!

Roll on (Or Over!) Season 8, so we fans can Beef/praise ACTUAL SG-1 Episodes again.Or whatever!
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

wait a minute. SG-1 is a TEAM!? this i've gotta see

Comment

For a minute, i was thinking the samething , but then i got a headache...
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by stargate barbie
            wait a minute. SG-1 is a TEAM!? this i've gotta see
            Was before the PTB started stirring Fans up!(Both Pro/Anti , J/S/ ,other, etc).

Will be again if they stop!

OK:Another option.Opt for selective Neutrality!

Yet another option:Trust the Holy Remote Control!

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
              For a minute, i was thinking the samething , but then i got a headache...
              You and me both,Friend.

*Passes over Virtual Dr Pepper and Virtual Painkillers*

Hope they help!

Comment

but then i got a headache...
                Atlantis is gonna tank.
                Atlantis is gonna tank.
                Atlantis is gonna t- oops, wrong thread.

FH, I know you weren't dissing Flynn's POV, but I happen to be incredibly bitter about the existence of the anti-Pete thread and think it's a bit of a double standard that folks are free to bash Pete to death and back, but bash anyone else and they get shut right down.

Granted, it's probably because of that standard that I am not also offended by the existence of an anti-Jonas thread, but it still really irks me. Why not simply make it anti-Sam/Pate ship? Why make it specifically against Pete? It doesn't seem very fair OR very nice to me and I have to say I've been sorely tempted to start an anti-Jack thread in retaliation. And since I have genuine grievances against the character it isn't as if I'd be doing it entirely out of spite.

However, I haven't started that thread and I probably never will because I think it IS petty and spiteful to create a thread for the sole purpose of attacking someone (even a fictional character), because I know it would outrage a lot of people (hypocrites, if they post in the anti-Pete thread), and because it probably wouldn't see a lot of activity, other than myself. Mostly, though, I don't do it because I like to think I'm a better person than that. Maybe I have grievances with Jack... and several other characters, but not enough to create a thread specifically designed for and devoted to hatred. Maybe I'm a hypocrite, myself, since I post actively in the anti-S/J ship thread, but that I see as being more of a complaint with story and character development rather than an attack against either or both characters. I do a fair amount of venting about why the characters bother me, but I don't resort to name-calling and I would NEVER wish death on a character. That is just sick in my opinion.

Back on topic, I still prefer Pete to Jack in most instances and I still firmly believe that he deserves a lot better than Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Atlantis is gonna tank.
                  Atlantis is gonna tank.
                  Atlantis is gonna t- oops, wrong thread.
                  For a minute, i thought it was that thread, hahah... Lets see, my peference, ooo yes, back to the topic of discussion... I don't like Carter with anyone , big fat period.

Comment

hey, if you want to start an anti jack thread go ahead. personally i'd say its okay to start an anti-*insert character name here* thread as long as they weren't main cast members, but whatever
                    if someone doesn't like the existence of a thread, then don't go there or post there.
                    someone could start an anti-kinsey or an anti-mckay thread for example and i wouldn't care. i may be inclined to start a pro-mckay thread, so that people could express why they like the character, but thats about it.

i'd suggest going to the rage thread but i'm not sure you'd ever stop it does help to relieve our stress, but i think you might explode

once again, in almost all possible interpretations of this question, i vote jack.

Comment

Headache! Entire subject!

I can see exactly what Shadow is getting at,and I understand you too!

That Recliner Of Rage Thread keeps looking better and better.

Thank God I'm not a Mod!

Comment

FH, I know you weren't dissing Flynn's POV, but I happen to be incredibly bitter about the existence of the anti-Pete thread and think it's a bit of a double standard that folks are free to bash Pete to death and back, but bash anyone else and they get shut right down.

I haven't seen ANYONE get "shut right down" for their Sam-bashing, which has been going on for nearly a year now, might I add. Instead, the bashing seems to proliferate from "open season" thread to "open season" thread, spreading its awful negativity like a virus.

Too blunt?
                        Oh well.

Granted, it's probably because of that standard that I am not also offended by the existence of an anti-Jonas thread, but it still really irks me. Why not simply make it anti-Sam/Pate ship? Why make it specifically against Pete? It doesn't seem very fair OR very nice to me and I have to say I've been sorely tempted to start an anti-Jack thread in retaliation. And since I have genuine grievances against the character it isn't as if I'd be doing it entirely out of spite.

Do it... do it... do it... I think, as part of experimient, you should see how far it goes. The fact of the matter is, I think people are more likely to defend the "main characters" than they are the One-Ep Wonder. I've said that before, and I'll say it again. The more frequently visited threads are those that support the views of the masses (i.e. anti-Sam/Jack ship, PRO Sam/Jack ship, etc.) Because the belief in ship is pretty evenly split, it's OK to see either of these threads at the top of each category, because people are posting, and it makes sense. I don't really see an Anti-Jack thread going very far, as there's a thread specifically created for DROOLING over him, and, as far as I know, it's visited A LOT.

However, I haven't started that thread and I probably never will... for the sole purpose of attacking someone (even a fictional character), because I know it would outrage a lot of people (hypocrites, if they post in the anti-Pete thread), and because it probably wouldn't see a lot of activity, other than myself.

Case and point.

Maybe I have grievances with Jack... and several other characters, but not enough to create a thread specifically designed for and devoted to hatred.

No. People don't *create* threads that are devoted to hatred, they just thread hop with posts specifically geared to be spiteful and hateful. It's not the same thing, but it's pretty dang close.

Maybe I'm a hypocrite, myself, since I post actively in the anti-S/J ship thread, but that I see as being more of a complaint with story and character development rather than an attack against either or both characters.

Maybe that's what it is FOR YOU, but I don't think it's the same for other ship-haters/dislikers. Vicious posting is the same (if not worse) than vicious thread-creating.

I do a fair amount of venting about why the characters bother me, but I don't resort to name-calling and I would NEVER wish death on a character. That is just sick in my opinion.

I've seen my share of name-calling, mud-slinging, and I have seen my share of death-wishing, and through it all, I've tried to remain calm, but the fact of the matter is, people are going to feel the way they feel. We can't control that. I don't wish death upon Pete. I like Sam/Jack ship. I also don't mind the way Sam's character has been handled these past years. And, for the record, I think she's a good soldier. That's me. Not everyone is going to like Pete or wish LIFE upon him, to speak, just like you aren't going to be tuning your vcr in for the "Stargate: SG-1 Reunion," where Sam and Jack get married. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. People shouldn't be condemned for their feelings, but this double-standard crap is getting old.

Back on topic, I still prefer Pete to Jack in most instances and I still firmly believe that he deserves a lot better than Sam.
                        Maybe we should take a poll and see who thinks Pete is a better person than Sam. I'd like to see the results, and I mean that in all honesty.

Comment

Were all those quotes absolutely nescesary?

Comment

FHB sits in a Yoga Position (H### on the Knees!) and starts her Fave Mantra:

"It's all in the writing,etc."

Works for me!

Still voting Jack overall,but becoming fonder of Pete,as Characters.

No feelings over their worthiness re Sam,though. Waiting to see what comes out in the "Wash" in Season 8!

Comment

Were all those quotes absolutely nescesary?
                              Done for clarity of reply,IMO! Loads of Posters do it.......

(Haven't figured out how to "Multi-quote" yet.My "Bad".)

*Passes over some more "virtual" Dr Pepper .*

Comment

Heheh...

Comment

Working...
                                X