X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both if it's an option or Jack.

Pete is fit but he's such a stalker.

But who is right for Sammi? Well.....I'd have to say JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK JACK
    ------
    Shelby aka JessMerrick

Comment

I skimmed through most of these posts, at all no means, didn't mean to bash anyone character, I like both Pete and Jack, it was just a simple question, sorry if i meant anything bad.
      Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by littlemigueljr
        Which one of these guys do you guys/gals think is a better fit? (Pete or Jack)
        there can only be Sam/Pete...
        there's that little thing called the regulations (and there are real reasons behind the regulations, like preserving good military order... it's a reg that is there for a reason and a purpose)....
        there's the huge and honkin' thing, that Jack deserves better (he deserves someone who understands that he is in fact a complex human being who carries a heavy load of guilt and pain over the failures in his past)...
        and then there's that picture on Jack's living room wall (that used to be right beside his bed)... and it ain't Carter..........
        mary the badger
        Mary the Badger
        "O'Neill is legendary." Loki
        "Fire all weapons... sink the ship!" MtB

Comment

if the question is "Which one of these guys do you guys/gals think is a better fit", as a lousy stalking weirdo of a boyfriend ? (Pete or Jack). then my answer is definitely pete.
          other than that.... you'll have to specify.
          better fit for sam? personally i think its jack.
          better fit for my pants? i'd have to investigate further.
          better fit for the job as sg-1's commanding officer? neither. i pick teal'c or sam.
          i could go on.... not going to though... thank god!

Comment

I skimmed through most of these posts, at all no means, didn't mean to bash anyone character, I like both Pete and Jack, it was just a simple question, sorry if i meant anything bad.
            Hi there friend! I, for one, didn't think you were trying to "Bash" anyone!Also, I didn't think you were trying to do anything "Bad"!

Reading your latest post,am I right in thinking you simply meant "Do we prefer Pete or Jack as people"?

If you meant anything different,no problem,IMO,as there's plenty room for everyone and you shouldn't be afraid to state your opinions.
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS
              Reading your latest post,am I right in thinking you simply meant "Do we prefer Pete or Jack as people"?
              i hadn't thought of that version.
              answer; jack.
              If you meant anything different,no problem,IMO,as there's plenty room for everyone and you shouldn't be afraid to state your opinions.
              he's right about that...

Comment

Sorry if I jumped the gun, but I'd just come from the thread about David DeLuise returning and there was a lot of "I hope Pete dies!" sentiment that left me a little twitchy.

Who do I prefer as a person? Pete
                Whose sense of humor do I prefer? Early series Jack
                Who would I want to spend the day with (or date)? Pete
                Who would I want watching my six in a firefight? Jack
                Who do I think would provide Sam with a loving, stable, healthy relationship? Pete
                Who do I think has done more damage to the character of Sam? TPTB

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Okay I was going to stay out of this topic, but I saw this and I just had to add my agreement
                  ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                  The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

I think both have their qualities
                    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think both have their qualities
                      hey don't get me wrong here. pete is good looking. he can be a funny guy. he does have his qualities. i just don't find him to be a particularly nice guy.

and jack definitely has his faults, but at least he's honest about them. he's also funny, good looking, and damn good at his job.

Comment

OT for a moment...

Hi as I was prev. "Footholder" on the "Old" Forum.
                        So *you're* Footholder! I was wondering whether or not you wandered
                        over. See you around!

Oz

If by "fond" you mean droolworthy, hummable, coma-causing, breath-stealing, lustful, libidinous
                        appreciation of the First Hussy Magnitude for Jack & his splendid, dirty, sweaty, sun-kissed, lithe-fingered,
                        full-bottom-lipped, lickable-eared, agile-tongued, long-necked, silver-haired, gracefully moving body
                        in all its fantasmagorical glory, then--- yes. I am also "fond." -- OzGirl

Comment

Originally posted by OzGirl
                          OT for a moment...

So *you're* Footholder! I was wondering whether or not you wandered
                          over. See you around!

Oz
                          Back Atcha Ozgirl!

Weeell,I couldn't resist the chance to play in this lovely Sand-Pit!
                          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Jack is nice..he has all the qualities..I think...can be smart, scruffy, intelligent ..sometimes a bit dumb which is cute ....he likes to joke ...he is sometimes sarcastic but some women are too...and it 's fine in small doses ..he is very caring for anybody he likes.. he supports his friends... he likes peace and quiet when not working..he likes to relax ..in fact he is very laid back ..I love that. He also love children which is a great quality...he'll make a smashing Dad again one day and will probably spoil his children. Jack is dedicated..and would die for his country or his friends (lost city too stick his head in that think) he 's so brave...He is a hero and is Damm gorgeous ..

I finish...We don't know Pete ..so no need to disscuss him ..as far as I've seen ..just a stupid Cop so far..

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Sorry if I jumped the gun, but I'd just come from the thread about David DeLuise returning and there was a lot of "I hope Pete dies!" sentiment that left me a little twitchy.

Who do I prefer as a person? Pete
                              Whose sense of humor do I prefer? Early series Jack
                              Who would I want to spend the day with (or date)? Pete
                              Who would I want watching my six in a firefight? Jack
                              Who do I think would provide Sam with a loving, stable, healthy relationship? Pete
                              Well, Pete is a fictional character after all. I don't become overly concerned when some fans write that they hope he meets the same end as some of Sam's other suitors. I don't want Pete to die. I just want Sam to realize he's not the one for her. If not Jack, Agent Barrett would be my second choice.

My main point in commenting, though, was to say I don't think from what I've seen of Pete that he would "provide Sam with a loving, stable, healthy relationship." Leaving aside the stalker question, from his behavior when they were together I think he was too pushy and too controlling. I have the feeling this would carry over even after he knew what Sam did. I can see him complaining about the hours she puts in, being away, can't make plans, etc. I think, from what we saw, he's pretty inflexible.
                              Jack, on the other hand, might be a pain in the butt to live with at times, but I have the absolute conviction he would always want Sam to be free to be who she is and free to do what she wants.
                              Given a choice between hearts and flowers and control or moody and grumpy at times but always someone who would be supporting me even if it were inconvenient, I know who I would choose.
                              Slainte
                              "There are many forms of power, my dear. Some more subtle than others." Linea to Captain Carter, Prisoners, S2.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainte
                                My main point in commenting, though, was to say I don't think from what I've seen of Pete that he would "provide Sam with a loving, stable, healthy relationship." Leaving aside the stalker question, from his behavior when they were together I think he was too pushy and too controlling.
                                That's why it's MY opinion, not yours. While I think that what Pete did may have been a little extreme, it didn't bother me and I didn't consider it stalking. And yes, I've been stalked before, so I know how it feels. I'm not going to defend my views on Pete here because frankly I'm getting sick of constantly having to explain myself. I love Pete. I think what he did was OK, and I think he'd be a hell of a lot better for Sam than Jack ever could. Then again, I think a bag of sugar would be better for Sam than Jack would be. If you object to that, fine. It's still my opinion.

Jack, on the other hand, might be a pain in the butt to live with at times, but I have the absolute conviction he would always want Sam to be free to be who she is and free to do what she wants.
                                Yes, YOU have the absolute conviction. I, on the other hand, think that Jack is possibly the worst match for her. Maybe earlier in the series it wouldn't have bothered me as much (although I think they have as much chemistry as a couple of rocks), but I now find Jack to be cold, emotionally distant, angry and generally unconcerned with anyone but himself. That's MY opinion. You're more than welcome to disagree, but it isn't going to change how I see things.

There's also the fact that- in MY opinion- Pete doesn't turn Sam into a brainless over-emotional bimbo, but I think that has more to do with crappy writing than anything relating to the characters themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X