Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if "The Others" let Oma help the people of Abydos ascend because of their failure to "de-scend" Anubis. But then that brings to mind on why Oma didn't let Daniel destroy Anubis when he had the chance since he was simply fixing up the loose end that the others have let go for awhile now. I mean, if they had done their job and kicked Anubis out of the ascension all together, there would have been a less likely chance that he would have been able to rise to power so quickly, even more so if the Others had completely erased his memory.
    Red counter: 14 Dings and growing.

Green (positive) JELLO donations are always welcome

Mckay: Oh my god, He IS Kirk...

Comment

I like to think of it as Oma 'forcing' the Abydonians to ascend rather than them all achieving enlightenment at the same time. Anubis shows that you do not have to be at peace yadda yadda with yourself in order to ascend, so their must be another way hidden behind the guise of enlightenment.

Comment

Well, a lot of the Abydonians were ready to die, and that is the one burden that Oma wants everyone to release before they can reach enlightenment. Like Skaara said, Death is only the beginning of one's journey.

Comment

I'm sure we'll see Skarra again. I think you can pop up just about anytime but you can't KEEP doing it. Daniel said that it was a violation even talking to Jack or anyone of such nature
          __

__

Comment

s
            p
            o
            i
            l
            e
            r
            s
            a
            c
            e

It sucks that Skarra sent out wedding invitations and then had to cancel the whole thing due to ascention.
            Actually, I've wondered if Skarra went ahead with the nuptials, since presumbably the bride-to-be also ascended with the rest of the Abdyonians.
            I also wonder what in the world Jack would wear as best man at Ascendent wedding. And what kind of gift do you bring (gee, the blender is swell, but we don't have much use for that now that we can manipulate time and space on our own...)? Is the seating rule corporial guests on the right, ascendent on the left? What about the vows: "Do you, Skarra, take this being to be your lawfully wedded ascendent wife, to have and not really hold - on account neither of you have corporial bodies - and in no sickness or health for the same reason, until something other than death do you part?"
            And I'm not even going to discuss the bachelor party....

Comment

On the bachelor party note...now that they are ascended, they can go anywhere, and watch anybody do anything...without being caught........has major potential...hmmmmmmmmm
              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

He's gone, and not coming back so move on everyone.
                It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Yea, it reminds me of a cartoon I saw where Jackson is denying being in the ladies locker room when Sam was in there while he was ascended.

Comment

Working...
                  X