Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think there should be a Season 9?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have reasonably high hopes for S9 because of the new characters coming on board. New lease of life, etc. Anything to get past the general awfulness of S8.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
      I have reasonably high hopes for S9 because of the new characters coming on board. New lease of life, etc. Anything to get past the general awfulness of S8.

Well, yeah, I guess that would be a good enough reason to watch it. Don't get me wrong, I'll never get enough of the SG1 team. I just think it'd be nice to have a change or nothing at all. I think the idea of expanding to Atlantis was a great idea; keep going with it. But I think SG1 has finally outlived itself.

I AM SUPREME COMMANDER THOR

Comment

I'm not sure. I mean I'm glad that it's been renewed, but I don't want the show to get cancelled or for it to become boring and have pointless storylines etc...*coughs Charmed coughs*

I'll give it a go and see what happens....*shrugs*

Season 8 had a few good episodes, but I don't know....I mean I still watched the whole season lol.

I will say this that this is the longest I've ever watched a show, I mean so I missed a whole season, when Jonas...came into the show, but truth be told? I used to watch the show on and off for the fifth season *pause* actually, I can't remeber watching season 5 much. I guess I'll just watch the repeats on Sky.

I couldn't even tell you how or why Daniel left...was it the end of season 5 when Daniel died? I watched all of season 7...and Daniel came back in that..*giggles at memory of naked Danny*

British-Indian and proud.

Comment

i htink that it should cause it's gonna have new characters. and we can get to know and love them. and lots of shows have survived getting new characters.
          Save us from danger, save us from evil
          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

I voted yes for the reason that however bad Stargate SG1 gets, it has been (for more years than I can remember) one of the few shows to look forward to. Look at British TV - give me the worst episode of Stargate any day.

Comment

Originally posted by hollyshannensangel
              Season 8 had a few good episodes, but I don't know....I mean I still watched the whole season lol.
              I watched it all but the only ones I've rewatched are Reckoning I & II and the teaser of Threads the Longer.

Comment

Yes, but i think they (the Producers) need to step back a little, do more fun stuff, like exploring, I hate the idea of going more toward the ascended, it's too little green men / conspiracy stories like X-Files did, I would like to see more tie ins such as possibly more explaination of the links between the Nox, Asgard, Ancients and Furlings. More discoveries.

Comment

Exploring! There's an idea. They've not done that since....

Comment

I think S9 is more like S1 of new spin-off series [SG-1:TNG]. I feel that MS and CJ are around for passing the torch to Ben, Lexi, Beau, etc. Not sure about AT, after she returns from maternity leave, but might just direct as she has done already. MS left once when his character was being ignored. CJ has stated this is his last acting job; writing and (possible) directing is more enjoyable.

Notice the clearing of the decks of recurring and important characters, Carters Dad, Doc FRazer, Hammond, even Bratac (except for last few ep). Soon the SG-1 team will need name patches just so we can tell them apart.

However, we will always have our DVD's.
                    The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Only if the writers are confident that they still have stories to tell...
                      Only if it's not purely a money-spinning exercise...
                      Only if there are people still willing to watch...

I feel that Stargate moved away from its roots from season 7 onwards which probably explains the degree of fan animosity. Season 7 seemed to me to be almost exclusively relationship oriented which did dilute the premise of the show. Season 8 was okay and was probably trying a little too hard to accommodate RDA's schedule...

I daresay I would watch Season 9 out of curiosity though... I don't really hate Season 8 although I thought PU a waste of time and Gemini a strain on incredulity.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by BackStageJim
                        I think S9 is more like S1 of new spin-off series [SG-1:TNG]. I feel that MS and CJ are around for passing the torch to Ben, Lexi, Beau, etc. Not sure about AT, after she returns from maternity leave, but might just direct as she has done already. MS left once when his character was being ignored. CJ has stated this is his last acting job; writing and (possible) directing is more enjoyable.
                        *cough* Matter of opinion about DJ being ignored... *cough*

Notice the clearing of the decks of recurring and important characters, Carters Dad, Doc FRazer, Hammond, even Bratac (except for last few ep). Soon the SG-1 team will need name patches just so we can tell them apart.
                        I'm not of the opinion that anyone looks alike and since they've rid themselves of various characters there's more space in the gateroom now.

However, we will always have our DVD's.
                        I'm seriously thinking about not buying S8, but I'm happy to give S9 a go because I like BB. He's fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shep'sSocks
                          I'm seriously thinking about not buying S8, but I'm happy to give S9 a go because I like BB. He's fun.
                          same here...
                          Save us from danger, save us from evil
                          Servatis a periculum, Servatis a maleficum

Comment

Yes ..S9...because I would like TPTB tie up all the loose ends and then .....movie to end the whole thing

Comment

Do you really think thta many people from here are going to say no?

Comment

A simple yes...maybe I'm blinded by my love for the show.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X