Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does Stargate SG-1 seem low budget, rushed and not as popular as it should be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wormhole extreme was the worse episode ever!
    The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Urgo
      The only episode where it seemed rushed/low budget is season 3 episode 21 Crystal Skull. When they are in that huge cave. The cgi background doesnt have enough detail and they stand out from it.
      They were still "learning" at that point. Things got better after that.

Comment

Did Nick Ballard Jackson grand pa reapear on stargate sg1?
        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
          Did Nick Ballard Jackson grand pa reapear on stargate sg1?
          No. As far as we know he's still hanging out with those aliens. There has been rurmors though that he could reappear in season 8.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Originally posted by Bast
            Wormhole extreme was the worse episode ever!
            Where the HELL did that come from?

And I have to disagree on most of the points in the first post, and what have Paramount got to do with anything? This ain't Trek!

Comment

I agree with everyone who opposes this thread's original post. The show is intended for 'sci-fi' fans, i don't think a romantic/comedy fan will get into sci-fi easily. The show is 'good enough' for Sci-Fi, but i guess its not good enough for some people...
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                This is one of the phrases in fandom that I hate the most. Scorp is watching SG-1, just like everyone else. Just because his opinion differs from yours doesn't make his opinions any less valid and it doesn't mean that he "must have been watching something else." Just because YOU can't see something doesn't mean that HE can't.
                In this case, though, I'd say that based on what he wrote it does sound like he has missed a great deal of the show, like when he complains that they shouldn't always wrap up everything neatly by the end of the show (which on SG-1 they're certainly don't always do) or the lack of character development or that we never see them away from the base (which I'd say we have seen more and more of in recent years). And "low budget"? Yeah, for "Emancipation", maybe.

My point being, it really does seem like the original poster has only seen a limited amount of episodes and happened to miss a lot that would adress the problems he has with the show. Of course, I could be totally wrong - but this is how he comes across to me.
                Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

I do agree, since he said we don't know what they're favorite foods, drinks, etc are, when the show did explain that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                    In this case, though, I'd say that based on what he wrote it does sound like he has missed a great deal of the show
                    Still not an excuse for the comment made, if you ask me. It still pisses me off when people say it. I think it's arrogant and condescending. If you think someone has "missed the point" then there are nicer ways of phrasing it than by suggesting that someone was watching another show. You could, for instance, point out instances where the original poster is wrong, which is what a majoirty of people on this thread have done. You (general you) could ask him- politely- if he's a new fan, or you could welcome him to the board and say something like, "Since you're new around here..." and then fill in a few blanks for him. Now look at this:

"Ugly Pig, you LIKED Abyss?? Are you sure you weren't watching something else? 'Cause that ep sucked!"

It completely invalidates your opinion, chalking you up as someone too stupid to know what show you're watching.

Maybe I am taking it a little personally, but I have had the phrase directed at me... multiple times- for liking an ep, for disliking an ep, for liking Jonas, for hating the direction of the show, etc. And in 99% of those cases, it was fully intended to be spiteful.

Maybe if Scorp sticks around and watches more eps he'll realize the "error of his ways" and come to see that Stargate's a pretty good show. But just because he hasn't seen as many eps as some of us is no reason to dismiss him completely. Consider it a chance to educate him, to indoctrinate him, to brainwash the little bugger.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Still not an excuse for the comment made, if you ask me.
                      Not suggesting it was.

Maybe if Scorp sticks around and watches more eps he'll realize the "error of his ways" and come to see that Stargate's a pretty good show.
                      You mean Stargate was a pretty good show. I don't mean that, but I think you do. Am I right?

Consider it a chance to educate him, to indoctrinate him, to brainwash the little bugger.
                      Hmmm... Yeah. I'll get started...

Hey Scorp! Since you're new here, here's a helpful tip: Don't Listen to ShadowMaat. She's wrong, especially when discussing the writing quality of recent seasons.

Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Hope u catch up Scorp

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                          You mean Stargate was a pretty good show. I don't mean that, but I think you do. Am I right?
                          If you diffuse the current season into the rest of the show and take a look at it as a whole, then it's still good. But you're right. I think the writing for the past season has been pretty much crap and I don't see it showing any signs of improvement. I just consider the end of S6 as a stopping point and everything is fine.

Hey Scorp! Since you're new here, here's a helpful tip: Don't Listen to ShadowMaat. She's wrong, especially when discussing the writing quality of recent seasons.
                          Bite me, Pig Boy. It's not my fault some of you aren't mature enough to heed the wisdom in my words. Anyway, it's all just opinions until someone loses an eye.

Oh wait, that probably belongs on the thread about Odin...

Comment

it did sometimes looked to me low budget...but it doesn't really matter once you go into the gate ... then it seems REAL
                            rushed - may be...sometimes episodes could be made better...TLC were rushed imho, could have been better, but don't start screaming on me, i know i prolly would have done much worse
                            unpopluar, NO WAY....anyone i aske about star trek/stargate knows both of them....or just stargate...so conclude from that...

Comment

Difference between Stargate and Startrek, Startrek has been airing on Broadcast Television, where everyone has the channel, where not alot of people have Sci-Fi (compared to Fox, Nbc, etc)

I liked a handful of episodes in season 7, but i didn't like a few episodes has well, such as Grace, Death Knell, Fragile Unbalance (i not sure if thats the right title), and... Ressurection (what the heck, this episode could have been better being 'not made'). I loved the season finale and the season premiere episodes, as well as Chimera (i not sure if thats the right title).

Comment

I disagree. Stargate doesn't seem low budget, have you seen Lost City?!? You can't get much more epic than that on TV!
                                'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

Working...
                                X