Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's disheartening was that if they could get the ratings they would keep it on the air even if all they had for a writing staff were a bunch of chimps. What's even more disheartening is that if they had the actors compete for a million dollars and every week you could vote one of them off the show it would probably get the best ratings in t.v. history.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
      What's even more disheartening is that if they had the actors compete for a million dollars and every week you could vote one of them off the show it would probably get the best ratings in t.v. history.
      Luke would win, you know he would. Either that or he'd poison everyone except Sam and Sam would win but they'd get married.

Comment

Originally posted by Elfinwood
        I have a few friends who started to watch, watched all of the early episodes on Monday nights and the new episodes on Fridays and are now starting to drift away from the show. They don't appear to be overly excited about the new season starting in July. I believe they will be only occasional viewers, if that. Then again, I have two sisters who have become avid viewers, but their viewing hinges on a particular pairing. If RDA was to leave the show, I'm positive that they would also stop watching.
        I have no perspective on who else is watching. I know of one person who watches it in syndication because Friday night on SciFi conflicts with something else. She's not a regular watcher, but likes the show. I know of one other who watches, but again, not regularly. He generally takes his sci-fi very seriously and considers SG-1 to be fun. If the storylines for SG-1 are all built on long backstory or arcs, new viewers might feel left out (kinda like I did when I watched three episodes of Farscape in its last season). The DVDs are out there, but it takes a lot of effort to get caught up. I know...we're currently watching the entire series over again in prep for S8. All other TV is out. Netflix is on hold.
        Urgo: I wanna live, I wanna experience the universe and I wanna eat pie!
        O'Neill: Who doesn't?
        - Urgo, Stargate: SG-1, Episode 3.16

"Let's be real here. It should be fun. We're not saving lives, we're entertaining them."
        - RDA, Stargate SG-1: The Lowdown

some assembly required, batteries not included, action figures sold seperately
        once done, cannot be undone...
        brought to you by Anthro Girl, Grand Pooh-Bah of the SFA

Comment

I'm more than willing for a Season 9, but only if Rick comes back. It just wouldn't be SG-1 without Rick. It's possible it COULD work if they brought back in Corin Nemec, or changed the show around a bit focusing a little more a couple of other characters (SG-13 anyone?) I don't know, I want Season 9 with Rick!

Comment

I would totally love the show if it went to Season 9, although it would be sad if RDA leaves
            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              For the record, I DID have problems with Stargate this past season and I HAVE stopped watching and I still come here because I love what the show WAS and because I have some hope- however futile- that there might be at least one or two good eps next season.
              But you've stopped watching! How would you know about them?
              Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                But you've stopped watching! How would you know about them?
                Ever heard of something called SPOILERS? Plus there's always general leakage on some of the threads. I can pick up plenty from that.

Comment

The only thing that i dislike about every season of stargate, it has tons and tons of stand-alone episodes, sometimes theres a great episode, then the next episode has no mention of it, although i do understand sometimes its not needed.

Comment

If they go for a season 9, they need to go the Law and Order route. New team, new characters. Don't focus just on the original memebers of SG1.

The Man

Comment

Originally posted by Lil Naitch
                      If they go for a season 9, they need to go the Law and Order route. New team, new characters. Don't focus just on the original memebers of SG1.
                      Careful, I almost got my head taken off for suggesting that on the old board. "It's called Stargate SG-1! It wouldn't be SG-1 if it was about other teams, would it??!"

Comment

I totally agree Shadow, i don't want to see no 'new' castmember(s). (exception for Jonas)

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't mind the occasional non-SG-1-centric ep... if I thought the writers could do justice to it. But I got blasted for daring to suggest that the show shift focus off SG-1 a bit.

Comment

When they 'tried' to make episode not about SG-1, like in the episode 'the other guys', i think that was the title, that episode wasn't as good as i expected, and the dude(s) were so annoying. But i did enjoy a little the episode where a new president was elected, but yah, i still missed my SG-1 members

Comment

Sure I could go for season 9... I could go for 13...24... but the sg-1 will at some point stop being the show that we enjoy, and just turn into a terrible mutation of it. Is there a show without RDA? That's the true question. I think that they could go on after he leaves the show, but it won't be the same show... the dynamic would be diffrent... and I honestly don't think I'd be watching it.
                              Ogelthorpe: Its the Fargate! F! Its diffrent from that movie that which I’ve never seen, so how would I copy it! Emory: Chill man, its all right. Lets just turn it on.
                              Ogelthorpe: I just want to make sure that we are clear that its the Fargate, goes far, get it!
                              And that there is no way that it came from that movie, or that syndicated series based on
                              the movie.
                              (The Spacecatazz from Aqua Teen Hunger Force)

Comment

Stargate has a great future so i can see a s9 then sg1 movies!
                                ......TARA......

Comment

Working...
                                X