This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

upset

I have just joined and I must say that I have been upset with the new format of the Stargate SG1 shows. I love the ones from Season 1-5 and then it seems that they have lost something. like the compassion between the actors. Am I the only one that thinks this ?

Welcome to the forums.

Stargate sure isn't what it used to be for season 1-4. That was scifi at its finest. Though I don't blame directors/writers for it. I blame the networks for it. Theres still some interesting dynamics between the characters though in this season.

Most of my hopes lye with Atlantis and I hope it turns out to better than SG.
    Condemnant quod non intellegunt.

Comment

Originally posted by kiski44
      I have just joined and I must say that I have been upset with the new format of the Stargate SG1 shows. I love the ones from Season 1-5 and then it seems that they have lost something. like the compassion between the actors. Am I the only one that thinks this ?
      Welcome, for me personally I love how its going, I burn with desire all week to see the new episodes, basically I guess there will be people that dont liek the turn its taken and those that do, Jack and telc still crack me up though, I love the comedy its great...I love the new seasons more action and space scenes and such... more ship battles yyaaaarrr... I likieeee..

Comment

Originally posted by Freyrs
        Welcome to the forums.

Stargate sure isn't what it used to be for season 1-4. That was scifi at its finest. Though I don't blame directors/writers for it. I blame the networks for it. Theres still some interesting dynamics between the characters though in this season.

Most of my hopes lye with Atlantis and I hope it turns out to better than SG.
        Yeah, I think the writers have done very good considering that every season they write it as though it's the last, then rewrite to continue the series when it gets picked up for another season. If the networks picked up the show for more than 1 season at a time it would save the writer a lot of trouble. showtime purchased 44 episodes initally, then mid season 1, they purchased another 44. That's why the dynamics the of the seasons before 6 were written better than recent seasons. It's Scifi's fault for being overly cautious and in the process they are degrading the quality of the show by not fully commiting.
        Spoiler:
        Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Hi Are you talking about season 8 or which season. I didnt like the fact that Michael Shank left the series, I feel that it left a void in the show and then he came back, I dont know I have been watching the series on friday and the ones that they are showing right now I just am bored with. There is no action like they had, the characters arent like a team anymore, they have gone their own way , I feel that once Jack ONeil became commander and he didnt go on anymore journeys it changed. Do you feel this way. I have to say I blame the writers. I dont watch Atlantis that much. Sorry Stargate was it

Comment

I loved seasons 1-6 even 7 wasn't that bad as I read somewhere I admit that there were some crappy episodes in season 7.I don't know if you seen season 8 yet but there were some good episodes in it but I know how you feel about that changing stuff and believe me stargate is changing lots !! If you wish to know what than you should check out gateworld and the spoilers
            Lord Zedd

Comment

Which is funny because now I think Season 6 was the last good season and it's been downhill since Jackson has come back. I don't know if it's the change in character or what. In Jonus, we got to see the wide eyed, naive to the universe attitude again. I kin dof missed that with early Dr. Jackson. There's no archealogical mystique any more.

Comment

I still love Stargate, most likely always will just for its name and concept. One thing, however, that I did not like was getting our hands in a mostly-human-made X303. The show seemed so so realistic until then. I started feeling like I was watching Star Wars which I don't even like ( and which I find harder to believe).

Other than that I could go on for ages watching SG-1, weather O'neill was in Washington or with the team, as long as they appared together constantly I wouldn't lose interest on the show.

I for one, think SG-1 should go on, one way of making it interesting is if they visit Pegasus and begin having more contact with Atlantis while at the same time attending the matters in the Milky Way.

P.S: I love the name of our galaxy too...

Servatis a periculum. Servatis a maleficum.

Comment

well Spoiler daniel is back so it should get some of the old feel to it I think that jack may be replaced again with asomeone fromt he NID and that he will be back to leading I think it will be that way in season 8 might be putting it up for that to happen in the next two episodes. I miss the battle so to speak between jack and sen kinsey.... plus I mis jacks humor... over all I still love sg1 and sga...

Comment

I love all the seasons, but i have to say the last 5 eps of season 8 may be the best i have ever seen in the series, but that may just be me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkdreams
                      Welcome, for me personally I love how its going, I burn with desire all week to see the new episodes, basically I guess there will be people that dont liek the turn its taken and those that do, Jack and telc still crack me up though, I love the comedy its great...I love the new seasons more action and space scenes and such... more ship battles yyaaaarrr... I likieeee..

I agree with you ......I wouldn't change anything about stargate as the whole series is coo with me.
                      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Working...
                      X