This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmoore032000
    I would like to see a character like the Goa'uld in fallout. I can't think of her name but she was kind of on both sides but with her own agenda.
    That is wierd i was just thinking about that same instance. It works well and is very applicable in this thread.

Comment

I think the idea of a reformed system lord is out of the question, but maybe a reform movement in the Go'auld ranks isn't. I mean, they are no longer the dominant power in the Milky Way, that would be enough to make anyone rethink their politics right?
      'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Watch 218 Serpent's Song.

The Goa'uld will ALWAYS be evil.

Each and every one of them. Its just what their race is.
        FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
          Watch 218 Serpent's Song.
          The Goa'uld will ALWAYS be evil.
          Each and every one of them. Its just what their race is.
          Then how you explain the Tok'ra and that Go'auld from Fallout?
          'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I could imagine Yu a little more than Baal, Baal's actually picked up a lot of steam amongst the system lords right? Yu is losing it. Like Apophis, maybe he would beg mercy from the Tau'ri before being defeated (Serpent's Song).
            I think Baal and Yu are the most dangerous. Because they are not as arrogant in underestimating the Tau'ri. They will resort to "human" standards if it meant they would live to fight them again!Yu has been showing that "lighter side" long before Baal's reckoning episode, though. Give him a little redemption credit too.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
              Then how you explain the Tok'ra and that Go'auld from Fallout?
              They're only less evil, because they share bodies with their hosts.

The fact remains the all of the System Lords STOLE the bodies of their hosts, and their hosts have been living the life of a System Lord, without ANY control, for thousands of years. I know its not real, but just thinking about it makes me sad...
              FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                They're only less evil, because they share bodies with their hosts.

The fact remains the all of the System Lords STOLE the bodies of their hosts, and their hosts have been living the life of a System Lord, without ANY control, for thousands of years. I know its not real, but just thinking about it makes me sad...
                Exactly. As long as Ba'al continues to use an unwilling vessel, he is in no way a good being or someone who we should cooperate with.

But it's pure rubbish to suggest the Tok'ra are somehow evil. They're not the bad guys, they're merely distrustful of us. They cooperate with their hosts and their hosts are willing to give up some free will in exchange for restored health.

Comment

With the change in galactic politics, there should be a few Gou'ald who think working with the Tau'ri is the best way to maintain their power. And protect themselves from other snakes who feel differently....

Would Earth trust them? SHOULD Earth trust them? Well, with the threat of the Oree, there'd be some who'd think a whole long while about entering into such an alliance--but with eyes wide open....

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
                    Jack wont be back oin the next season very much, so it would seem as that doesnt really apply much.
                    And why wouldnt it apply that much??...If the rumours of Jack becoming head of Homeworld Security are true, the final say would be with him, and just cause RDA isnt gonna be in the show much (if at all), his character will not suddenly disappear, and Jack's opinion would be listened to, where ever he is.

Comment

I think you actually could consider the Tok'ra as a sort of grey area type of people. They want to destroy the System Lords and othe Goa'uld as much as the SGC does, but they are also secretive and a number of them have become arrogant. The only Tok'ra that may not have become arrogant were Martouf/Lantash, Aldwin, and of course Jacob/Selmac, but it appears that after this season, even Jacob/Selmac will be gone.

I don't think any Goa'uld will become real good guys any time soon, but after so many have been killed and their armies and fleets have defected to the Free Jaffa nation, some of them might eventually change. I was hoping to see Camulus as a Goa'uld who had been beaten and seen that the only way he could live would be to back the Tau'ri and their policies, reluctantly of course. I hope he is back next season, or maybe another Goa'uld like Zipacna. Some SG team is exploring an 18th century town on some planet, they walk into the local bar, and there with a beard knocking back some of the local brew, is Camulus or Zipacna, with his armies gone and his bases destroyed, forced to live on the run and blend into the local population.

Comment

Yes, Baal may partially become good.

But, there is no Good and there is no Evil. There are just one's interests.
                        Baal could continue to administrate a smaller domain with human slaves (no Jaffa of course) and his remaining fleet (we do not know how many Ha'tak he has now), though the free Jaffa would track him. But he may also need help because of the Orii and he can become allied with Earth only to counter the new threat.

Or maybe he will just retire, as Joe Mallozzi suggests it :

Originally posted by JMallozzi
                        Well, as you know from having watched Reckoning I and II, Baal was killed in a showdown with the replicato...Actually, come to think of it, no he wasn't. But he was certainly captured by the Jaffa who stormed the pel...Oh, I stand corrected again. Hmmm. I guess he still is out there somewhere. Now, if I were Baal, I'd head off to one of my safe havens and live out the rest of my unnaturally long life. However, I'm not Baal or, more to the point, he's not me so...maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by tarnsman
                          And why wouldnt it apply that much??...If the rumours of Jack becoming head of Homeworld Security are true, the final say would be with him, and just cause RDA isnt gonna be in the show much (if at all), his character will not suddenly disappear, and Jack's opinion would be listened to, where ever he is.
                          Doing this would you think you would get the feeling of the man behind the curtain? If Jack doesnt appear on episodes they can only mention him and what he is feeling only so often with out seeing him say that himself.

After saying that they could indeed do all that we aretalking about and get it out of the way early in the season when he will be there...won't he? Saying while jack still lives ba'al wont be helping us...... or something like that.

Comment

I actually thought of an idea having to do with Jack working at HWS and Baal.

So the oreos come and attack right. Well Landry, needs help so they call baal. Baal agrees to come and help. Someone calls Jack to inform him of this move and he freaks out being like "I'm gone and you go allieing yourselves with GOA'ULD?!?!" and they RDA does a gues episode where Jack and Baal are forced to work together to defeat the Oreos

Comment

I think it would be cool to see someone like Baal playing "good guy" once in a while. But to keep it in line with the character it would have to be something along the lines as in Reckoning pts 1 & 2. So it won't really be that he reforms but that we have a relationship of convienence. He doesn't want to lose what power he has left nor be destryoed by the Ori. So instead of fighting a battle he doesn't see winnable, get the SGC to do it, and he'll "help out" until the opertune moment presents itself for him to act like the power hungry snake he is.
                              Teal'c "I killed you"
                              Daniel "Why?"
                              Teal'c "You were a Go'uld spy"
                              Daniel "a good reason"

Comment

Obviously a bit more dialog and scene cuts in there, but yeah i do agree that could happen.

donniepw's- Yeah i have said something like, that they are friends with the same intrests, which could easily change with the wind

Comment

Working...
                                X