Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long before Free Jaffa Fleet become obsolute without upgrade?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

by the sound of it from spoilers it sounds like earth is going into overdrive making x303 class ships right now, each nation thats in the know working together to make them at all possible speed...we will have one heck of a fleet in less than 6 months, look at the production of ships during ww2, they worked so fast on some of those ships they would put them together on average in under 2 months and they had some records of less than a week, if we put the effort we can produce a heck load of them

Comment

There has to be a hell of a lot of info in the former Goa'uld ships' databases... One Goa'uld can't remember how to build an entire ship from scratch.. There's got to be the equivalant of Blueprints and an Instruction book somewhere!

Comment

ok i think everyone seriously underestimating the jaffa.
        the jaffa are a complex race, ith customs, traditions, jobs, lives. the goauld are relativly few in number, they would not do manual labour to maintain ships, every. im agine a lotar saying to baal 'the engine rooms broken can you come a fix it!'
        the jaffa have the combined fleet of every system lord, anubis, and baal. they will have the knowledge to destroy the guoald, except 1 queen to make tretonin for all time.the jaffa are destined to become our greatest allie, they will give us ships, bratak and tealc will never let earth be in danger as long as they have a fleet in thier possesion. we learnt this reckoning/ threads/ redemption and loads of other episodes.
        the jaffa will over the next season go through many changes and become unslaved and more, well like a nation! We will help them no doubt and unlike the asguard we'll porbley we rewarded more and quicker!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by ckwongau
          The BC 303 is still a no match to go one on one with the Mothership , but Earth can upgrade the ships , and build more advance model or refit the BC-303 .
          I am going to have to disagree with your assumption on this aswell... The BC303 which right now is the Prometheus has Asgard designed weapons and shields along with several point defense cannons and missile bays.

It was stated in Lost City that the Prometheus could handle herself against 3x Ha'tak Motherships. The following is the section of the transcript that I am talking about, the transcript comes from GateWorld.

JUMPER: Mr President, a short time ago, our space-based radar detected three Goa'uld vessels emerging from hyperspace.

HAYES (to Kinsey): Looks like you were wrong, Bob.

KINSEY: Three Goa'uld ships is hardly the full force of Anubis' fleet.

HAMMOND: Sounds to me like Anubis wants to know if SG-1 was successful in procuring Ancient defence technology.

KINSEY: They weren't.

HAMMOND: Not yet, but Anubis doesn't know that.

HAYES: And he's most likely holding back his main invasion fleet till he finds out what we've got.

JUMPER: Sir, Prometheus and our fleet of 302s can give 'em a run for their money.

HAMMOND: If that's all he throws at us, yes, sir, I agree.

That's pretty good, seeing as the BC303's are actually only about 10X the size of an Alkesh which was again stated in Grace. I have to believe that a Hat'ak vessel is still 10X bigger than an Alkesh.

That and with upcoming spoilers for Moebius and Atlantis's The Siege:
          Spoiler:
          The Dadeleus is even more advanced than the Prometheus with many of the alien design systems incorporated into the design instead of retrofitted

I'd say we would be a good candidate for the Free Jaffa to come and ask help in maintaining their fleet and upgrading it. As well as the many other suggestions that have already been said of databases and even captured Goa'uld.

Ace
          "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Using Teal'c as the model Jaffa is not appropriate. He is a warrior. As it has been pointed out, he is like O'neill. There are Jaffa that would know how to diagose problems and install replacement parts if the Jaffa got the Goa'uld factories up and running.

Comment

First off, the Goa'uld have had their level of technology for THOUSANDS of years. Remember Ra came to Earth 10,000 years ago in a ship, not via gate.

Second, the Jaffa were never trained how to build or maintain the technology, only how to use it. The Goa'uld System Lords always use lesser Goa'uld scientists and technicians to maintain, repair, and create teh tech.

The relationship between the Jaffa and Goa'uld was like that of the Zentraedi and Robotech Masters in Robotech. The Zentraedi were a warrior race created by the Masters and taught how to fly ships and wage war, but not how to create or maintain the tech. The Jaffa are just like the Zentraedi and probably have no clue how the tech works or how it is to be maintained.

Unless they begin educating themselves, they will never be able to maintain their fleet of advanced ships. However, it seems that Goa'uld tech is built to last, so maybe this won't be a problem for many hundreds of years, when things start breaking down.

Comment

I agree with LordAnubis.
                The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Live life for what you have and those you love.

Comment

Working...
                X