MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also don't like listening podcasts.

Approximately 3 more weeks to go until the premiere! Yay.
    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      Unfortunately, I have too short an attention span and the patience to listen to podcasts or radio-people talking in general.
      I have the same. It's too much of a conversation (with all the boring roundabouts of a conversation) and so the ratio of interesting stuff to boring stuff is just too low. I'd rather watch a 5-minute youtube video with the essentials, or an article (since i read fairly fast).

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
        Approximately 3 more weeks to go until the premiere! Yay.
        But you still can't watch it -- legally.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        I have the same. It's too much of a conversation (with all the boring roundabouts of a conversation) and so the ratio of interesting stuff to boring stuff is just too low. I'd rather watch a 5-minute youtube video with the essentials, or an article (since i read fairly fast).
        My ADD literally can't cope.

I barely made it through the missing Doctor Who episodes where only the recording survived.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Anyone with all-access ("is_vip: true") on Stargate Command who would be so kind (and willing) to share the interview with Phillip Alexander (Captain James Beal) currently locked for anyone but the lucky few -- transcribe it preferably, if you can and/or are willing.

The hub for all things stargate but it's all locked behind a pay-wall -- yeah, not how hubs work people.

Comment

Wow, no unity among stargate fans apparently... Well done, MGM -- can't say I've ever heard of the tactic to divide a fandom to be good for business. Topnotch strategy!

Comment

Wow, no unity among stargate fans apparently... Well done, MGM -- can't say I've ever heard of the tactic to divide a fandom to be good for business. Topnotch strategy!
              Or there's nobody in this thread who has all access...
              On the other hand: how about that season 2 of BSG?

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                Or there's nobody in this thread who has all access...
                There are at least two in this thread: Elite Anubis Guard and Digifluid. Found the latter's nickname among the comments in the SGA series section which is blocked to me but I can still read the comments when I use Inspect Element in Firefox (I read website code for breakfast ). And the first has mentioned all-access content she couldn't have known about if she had no access. The video with Connor for example about Langford's office.

I understand that transcribing is hard to do but I'll take cliffnote versions. Someone on Stargate Command transcribed the first 4 minutes (didn't have the heart to tell them those were already in the Gateworld article -- I was thankful I just took it).

Digifluid is not checking in regularly on the app -- so he's excused.

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                On the other hand: how about that season 2 of BSG?
                Refresh my memory...

Comment

Honestly, it takes some effort and I really can't be bothered to put the effort in for what I'm sure will be nothing other than a restart of comments about the evil of Stargate Command. As that's not the conversation I'm interested in having, it's not an effort I'm willing to put in.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Honestly, it takes some effort and I really can't be bothered to put the effort in for what I'm sure will be nothing other than a restart of comments about the evil of Stargate Command. As that's not the conversation I'm interested in having, it's not an effort I'm willing to put in.
                    That's a fair call FH, can't give the guy/gal stick for just not wanting to do it.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Honestly I live in the UK and I could even afford that 20 dollars, but somehow I am still not convinced about the Stargate : Command website. I expected more new articles, novellas, pictures etc.

If I would be the owner of the website than I would make a "virtual SG museum". So make some high definition 3D pictures about SG artifacts / objects / technologies / costumes, so every fan could have a closer look if they can not afford to attend to a con or to fly to Vancouver. Or I would hire some artists to make some drawings about races and planets... It would be nice to see a few closer shots about the gate or the DHD... Or they could publish some "official SGC mission archives" what could be part of the canon. Fans would get new official informations about the world, races, organizations, planets etc. So that would be the extra contents what would be worth of paying for an SG website. But showing old promo pictures and a few new interviews are not enough for me. Sorry.

Obviously most of the stuffs were sold on auctions, but they could have made an excibition in Vancouver. So many tv shows were and are being produced there in the last few years that I am pretty sure they could fill a few rooms and the fans would love it (like X-Files, BSG, Once upon a time, Defiant, The Expanse, Arrow, Legends of tomorrow just to name a few). But even an only SG themed studio tour would be also financially successfull. The Harry Potter Studio Tour is so good in London than why has noone considered to make a tv show based tour in Vancouver?
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                        Not even the cliffnote version?

So, you're basically flipping everyone the finger here.
                        I'm sure you'll be gushing and spoiling Stargate Origins comes out hey... I'll be sure to remind you of this post then.

And for the record -- this has nothing to do with Stargate Command. This is about an interview with a castmember of SGO and what he has to say on his character and the setting of the show. Why would you not want to share that? Or are spoilers all of a sudden a sacred secret to be kept from fellow fans?

And as far as Stargate Command is concerned, it's a buggy place. And to be honest, I haven't seen you on their message feed because if you had been there, you would be aware of the problems with app and the website. It's fun to have access to it all and to be in that exclusive inner circle, isn't it.

Addendum:
                        For the record, I'm also disappointed in Gateworld and Darren for not even offering a transcript£. Or Stargate Command for that matter. And disappointed that Gateworld is now seemingly happily in league with a website that blocks bloody stargate fans.
                        Last edited by Falcon Horus; 27 January 2018, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Honestly I live in the UK and I could even afford that 20 dollars, but somehow I am still not convinced about the Stargate : Command website. I expected more new articles, novellas, pictures etc.
                          The exclusive new content is actually hidden behind the pay wall. The Dial Home interviews, the behind the scenes stuff for Origins, and the extra's (which can also be found on youtube in full and the DVD's obviously).

As a free member, the options are limited, and quite boring too.
                          The app is bugged as hell, the website is horribly slow when using anything but a laptop. I've put the website through an SEO Optimizer and those things are meant to grade a website so you can make it better -- and Stargate Command barely makes it through that test. It scores far below average of what a good website should be. The only thing they ace is security which is logical since they have a paid feature which involves personal information.

If I would be the owner of the website than I would make a "virtual SG museum". So make some high definition 3D pictures about SG artifacts / objects / technologies / costumes, so every fan could have a closer look if they can not afford to attend to a con or to fly to Vancouver. Or I would hire some artists to make some drawings about races and planets... It would be nice to see a few closer shots about the gate or the DHD... Or they could publish some "official SGC mission archives" what could be part of the canon. Fans would get new official informations about the world, races, organizations, planets etc. So that would be the extra contents what would be worth of paying for an SG website. But showing old promo pictures and a few new interviews are not enough for me.
                          That would be seriously cool, but MGM's not interesting in spending all that money into it. They need something that makes them money in short term, not long term.

...why has noone considered to make a tv show based tour in Vancouver?
                          Because Vancouver is the museum.

Comment

So far,folks ,we've let free discussion and crit go on almost 100%.Although SGO hasn't yet aired,what's been released so far has brought positive,negative,and some "let's see how it goes" opinions,and that's natural and healthy.

I would like to point put a few things though.

Darren/GW are not "in league" with SG Command.This is a fan site,and permission to run fan sites/publication of interviews,videos etc rests with the PTBs of any copyright holders and creators/backers.In this case MGM/SG Command sets the pace and parameters.

GateWorld so far has to be content with directing you all to the SG Command site,and the Staff and Darren hope that international agreements are ironed out asap to let as many fans as possible see the show if they wish.(Webisodes may be a better term.)

Transcripts are usually done by volunteers,and right now,I'm unsure whether anyone sent any through, or whether Darren's constrained from publishing them,or just lacks time to expand on the site content.
                            I'll contact him and see if he wants to clarify the situation.

Keep calm and carry on!
                            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Not even the cliffnote version?

So, you're basically flipping everyone the finger here.
                              No need to be so hostile. He's under no obligation to share this.

Comment

Looking at this thread it sounds like this "stargate command" is not a great website. Is this the only place where I'd be able to watch Stargate Origin? I don't really want to pay for a service to watch something that is only a few minutes long. I'd imagine there are a lot of people in my situation.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X