No announcement yet.

MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the risk of providing some Stargate Origins content or causing a tangent about the evil of Stargate Command -

Actor’s View - Our Catherine Langford
    Aylam Orian on Playing the Villain of Stargate Origins

I actually really liked his enthusiasm for the role and his work on the show. Also that his character is more into the occult research than anything else.

And for those with All Access there is also a video walkthrough of Professor Langford's office part of the set with some talk from Connor Trineer.

I'm a listener of the Get Into Gate Podcast and they recently did an episode on the Origin's trailer and some "rules" about what they can do with Catherine in Origins that I thought were really well thought out. Would recommend that. https://soundcloud.com/get-into-gate...iew-discussion
    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 16 January 2018, 01:49 AM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Stargate Command website has been wonky and the app as well, so you may have to try a few times to get to these places -- including the all-access content.

Also, now I understand the tweet I saw a couple of days ago about someone raving about new images of Langford's office. Steerage can't see that content.

Maybe someone could put the content on youtube maybe... anyone? How about some solidarity to your fellow fans or are you (general, not you personally EAG) such egotistic in your fan-being you don't care about your fellow fans?

Although, I tried grabbing one of the free videos and that didn't work either so I guess it'll be pointless... although, screencaps perhaps...

Ugh, the Star Wars fandom people are so much more united.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

One should actually think that SG Command or MGM would care about all the fans but it seems as if they just care about fans of few countries and those who will pay to watch

I wish they would realize though the more people can watch it, the more coin the can make with merch, the way it is now they will only get coin from those paying, who may or may not buy merch, that is though maybe enough for them, which is a saddening strategy. I only hope for everyone who has paid that they will get better service with everything working as it should
        However I guess there might even be some people who would by merch regardless of if they could watch it or not just because it is SG

Comment

The team behind Stargate Command continues to say they are, in fact, working on a way for more regions to be able to watch Stargate Origins.

I really like to believe that, but as a pessimist/realist I don't want to be disappointed a 2nd time so I'm not believing until I'm seeing it. And since Belgium is usually forgotten anyway, I don't think my situation will change much. We're are just that tiny in the grand scheme of things.

I had a thought this morning about how MGM views the stargate fandom -- it's like the Titanic:

1st class which gets all the good stuff, lots of cool extras (like the T-shirt and the digital script): the USA

2nd class which gets all-access to all the stargate series and films, and the exclusive content like the Dial Home interviews and the exclusive Origins content: CA, GER, the UK, AUS & NZ

3rd class which gets none of the cool stuff and no all-access: rest of the world

And when the Titanic sinks, it's steerage who gets the blame because they didn't watch, pirated the thing, didn't spend enough money on it or whatever. Except of course that the builders were all in 1st class and 2nd class had the new money.

In fact, steerage got off the boat when the iceberg was spotted and it's too late to bring them back. And they also took all the lifeboats.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            The team behind Stargate Command continues to say they are, in fact, working on a way for more regions to be able to watch Stargate Origins. I really like to believe that, but as a pessimist/realist I don't want to be disappointed a 2nd time so I'm not believing until I'm seeing it. And since Belgium is usually forgotten anyway, I don't think my situation will change much. We're are just that tiny in the grand scheme of things. I had a thought this morning about how MGM views the stargate fandom -- it's like the Titanic: 1st class which gets all the good stuff, lots of cool extras (like the T-shirt and the digital script): the USA 2nd class which gets all-access to all the stargate series and films, and the exclusive content like the Dial Home interviews and the exclusive Origins content: CA, GER, the UK, AUS & NZ 3rd class which gets none of the cool stuff and no all-access: rest of the world And when the Titanic sinks, it's steerage who gets the blame because they didn't watch, pirated the thing, didn't spend enough money on it or whatever. Except of course that the builders were all in 1st class and 2nd class had the new money. In fact, steerage got off the boat when the iceberg was spotted and it's too late to bring them back. And they also took all the lifeboats.
            Are you still considering signing up/watching even if they open it up to Belgium?
            Personally I must say I lost interest.

Even if they open it up here, I don't think I'll be watching it.
            For me it's like a job interview: they always say that a good first impression is very important for any job applicant. Well, I always say: that's equally important the other way around for potential employers (has caused by now for a lot of employers to be added to my sh*t-list, but that's a totally different story ).

The same can be said of this whole debacle: they had one chance to make a good first impression, they blew it.

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
              The same can be said of this whole debacle: they had one chance to make a good first impression, they blew it.
              That is not necessarily true. Maybe the quality and the hype will convince fans to watch it. Honestly I am a bit sceptical, but who knows? Maybe we will be impressed then I will apologise.

I still believe that the future of SG if they could sell the brand to Amazon/Netflix/anyone who is willing to invest enough money into it. I would like to see a new anthology SG series or a new spin-off.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Are you still considering signing up/watching even if they open it up to Belgium?
                Personally I must say I lost interest.
                Honestly -- no idea.

IF I can get access, I'm gonna stream the first two episodes which they say will be free for all. IF I like what I see, maybe but not for 20 euro. I'm not gonna pay the same price to watch Stargate Origins only when that same amount gave others access to a lot more content. That's not happening.

Same as what I did with Star Trek Discovery (albeit I have seen no episode yet cause I haven't had time). I would only watch it, if it was available to me.

If I can watch all of it, I'll start with the free episodes and will see what I'll do. If I can't get the remaining 80 episodes, I'll just let the first 20 minutes stream in the background (at least, that way my IP will be registered for future reference) but will not actually watch them (no point).

Even if they open it up here, I don't think I'll be watching it.
                For me it's like a job interview: they always say that a good first impression is very important for any job applicant. Well, I always say: that's equally important the other way around for potential employers (has caused by now for a lot of employers to be added to my sh*t-list, but that's a totally different story ).
                Oh, there's no doubt that MGM made a seriously bad impression here, and I, as a consumer, will think twice about buying anything that comes out of any of their companies. I'm far more like to take my money to Disney with regards to Star Wars these days, then MGM in regards to stargate.

Big time -- blowing-up-solar-system big time.

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                That is not necessarily true. Maybe the quality and the hype will convince fans to watch it.
                That's the problem.

This very moment the Stargate Command app and website have so many problems going on that a lot of people have already come and gone, even all-access people. There's still no sound for android on most of the videos, videos are mislabeled, don't play, or stop playing halfway, pop-ups which crash the screen, very slow connection when surfing to the website from a mobile device, the messageboard is a mess...

...and I spend a lot of time there (not as much as I do here though).

I can't even create a new post from my phone cause I can't see what I'm typing and let's not forget we're limited to 100 characters (200 if you're using the app). No edit-button to clean up those autocorrect words which never spell out what you intended to write.

And the hype -- what hype?

There was hype when MGM announced Origins in July... and then nothing. When the app went live, everyone thought Origins was there already but it hadn't even been filmed yet, let alone was there a cast. All-access users could stream episodes, but stuff available to freebies is boring at best, and the same 10 posts keep being rehashed on the message feed.

If you look for articles, you'll find very few of them -- and certainly nothing recent.
                When the release-date was announced in December, a few geek sites picked it up. It's hilarious how many non-access sites posted about it though, which then resulted in an uptick of people who arrived on the feed and came to realize they can't actually watch anything and are blocked.

People, like you and I, who have no access to all-access, have long since left the site, much like DrMcKay and a whole lot of others. Those few freebies who still remain are mostly people who chose not to pay for all-access -- some out of protest for the blocked ones, and others because they are not interested in paying for something that goes away on May 15 (which isn't mentioned when buying all-access).

Honestly I am a bit sceptical, but who knows? Maybe we will be impressed then I will apologise.
                I wouldn't worry about having to do that too much.

I still believe that the future of SG if they could sell the brand to Amazon/Netflix/anyone who is willing to invest enough money into it. I would like to see a new anthology SG series or a new spin-off.
                I'm fairly certain that if someone put a little effort into it, it could yield another SG series.

Comment

Old or new?

I've seen new BSG and absolutely loved it, except for season 3 -- that's one season I could have done without.
                  I only really like a certain few episodes, the mini-series and razor...otherwise the grim-dark hoplessnes and the dark visuals (who the hell builds a space-ship you can't walk along a corridor without tripping over stuff because it's so dark? Nobody, that's who!) just suck IMHO!

Still, it at least was science fiction - the last years haven't been that kind to us science fiction watchers (no, STD ain't great...who names a girl "Michael"? Michell, ok but not Michael...not to mention that the name reminds me of a Wraith! The Orvill isn't my thing either (it doesn't take itself serious and that ruins my immersion! Hell, "The Orville" reminds me of "Wormhole Extreme" the trashy show that Martin was writing in Stargate!)

As for "Stargate: Origins", which I won't even be able to watch (not from the US...I am an evil, evil German and I do have plans of world domination, so please don't tell anybody!), I still don't like the very idea (it's not only that it mucks up canon (most likely, because otherwise they simply can't show much that would be remotely interesting!), but it's also in a time that (even if we see it as a parallel universe!) when humanity couldn't rig up a dialing computer or mount a real resistance if the Goa'uld did show up!)

greetings LAX

Comment

I was liking the idea of getting a new SG show, by now however I also totally lost interest and to be honest, even so much that I would not watch it even if everything would be free suddenly for some reason (which of course will not happen)

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                      As for "Stargate: Origins", which I won't even be able to watch (not from the US...I am an evil, evil German
                      Germany does have access to all-access so you would be able to watch it (and stream all the other episodes as well, just not with German subtitling or dubbing).

The USA, the UK, Canada, Germany, Australia and New Zealand all have access to all-access and the exclusive content, which none have shared on the message board. It's been hilariously quiet on the front of that exclusive videoclip about Langford's office.

Which reminds me, I was going to make a comment about that on the feed...

Comment

That silence on one hand is good on the other hand all the way of how fans are being treated is making me feel sorry for the actors who play in SG:O.
                        They are the ones who worked hard for it, I can only hope that the fans who choose to watch it will enjoy the show so the actors did not spend their time on that for nothing, or well at least something that is really bad.

Comment

It's a job, like any other, as long as they got paid for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post

Still, it at least was science fiction - the last years haven't been that kind to us science fiction watchers
                            I know right?
                            Maybe why I'm currently watching BSG, because there's nothing current that appeals to me.
                            I'm waiting for the expanse, but don't have netflix so waiting for dvd release in my region. The books are not bad (but not great either), so I'm undecided about that.

I also still need to start watching my dvd box of Westworld, hope that will be ok.

But otherwise... The new Star Trek doesn't appeal to me either, from fragments I've seen on youtube. And with all due respect to Falcon Horus here, I'm not really a StarWars fan either

There is all the Marvel universe stuff these days, but for me, that's not really scifi, it's something separate. I like it, but still, it's not true scifi in my opinion.

Comment

And with all due respect to Falcon Horus here, I'm not really a StarWars fan either
                              Oh trust me, for the longest time, neither was I and then I met the people in that world... and my life changed, considerably so. I've done some incredible things thanks to Star Wars -- made some incredible memories and doing things I never thought I would ever get into. Stargate was the beginning, but Star Wars has taken it so much further.

Comment

It's a job, like any other, as long as they got paid for it.
                                Sure, but I don't know it is nicer to work on something that gets good critiques than something that dos not, or better said is not so well recieved
                                I guess we won't know anyway, so it makes no sense thinking about it

Comment

Working...
                                X