MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
    And I agree, my money is also not going into their pockets, I am not a donkey the can bait with that "2 episode for free carrot" hanging in front of my nose to run for them
    I feel a manip coming on...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Goddammit, for reasons I care not to elaborate on, I'm even more PO'd I'm not allowed to legally watch Origins (cause for the same above reasons I really want to).

Comment

You're pissed because you won't be able to watch the SGC streaming service implodes in realtime when Origins premieres?

Comment

Originally posted by mooseman View Post
          You're pissed because you won't be able to watch the SGC streaming service implodes in realtime when Origins premieres?

Not entirely the reason but it sure would be fun... ...and I might miss that.

However, if all goes according to plan, it's actually the first 2 episodes that could entirely implode the website and I could so definitely be down for that crashing-event.

Comment

Always makes me happy to see the spiteful nature of "fans". Yeah, it sucks that unfortunately SGC doesn't support your region but that's no reason to wish ill-fate on everyone else.
            sigpic
            Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
              Always makes me happy to see the spiteful nature of "fans". Yeah, it sucks that unfortunately SGC doesn't support your region but that's no reason to wish ill-fate on everyone else.
              You misunderstand me, but please behave like the entitled fan...

I do not wish it to fail. On the contrary, it shouldn't fail at all, but perhaps you haven't seen the state the app/website is in and how many complaints there are concerning the audio, the video playback, the access or the no access. People paid money for it and they expect something in return which makes that money worth it. I don't know about you, but when I pay for something I expect it to work and to give me what was advertised. If that doesn't happen, then your reputation will not survive for very long and there's nothing worse than having to proof your product does what it's supposed to do when it has failed to deliver before.

And to the mattter of support to my region -- this isn't about support. This is about being deliberately geoblocked from a webseries which, by the way, MGM claims is "For the Fans" -- Sam Toles continues to use it in his tweets at this very moment -- a way to thank the fans for more than 20 years of "loyality" to the franchise. Nothing is for the fans if half of them don't matter to you, then the fans are just another way to get more money cause you know they will pay for it.

The very line, I might add, TopFan uses to sell their apps to companies, bands and big sport brands.

As to being able to stream, here's my personal experience for you...

I have asked and received the same generic answer three times now "we are trying to work something out for the fans worldwide, and the first 2 episodes are free". Once in August, once in October and again just a week ago when the teaser came out so that makes 4 months, almost 5 since August and nothing has changed.
              It's like dangling an open wormhole in front of a lot of fans. We can see it, touch it, but we are blocked from going through it. That's not making something "For the fans" -- that's just a good sales pitch which worked for the most part. It certainly worked on you but it no longer works for me.

And for the record, if I wanted this to fail I wouldn't have been spending the last couple of nights trying to make the teaser trailer better and more exciting so more people might get interested in it. But go ahead, continue to assume you know everyone's reasons for hating or disliking the workings of Command.

Comment

Considering your last complaints had been in regards to being geolocked, it was a safe assumption to pick on that particular reason for why you'd be "definitely be down for that crashing-event." I know there's plenty of reasons you're unhappy about the series and about SGC. I do read the forums. Your positive comments are few and far between so it's quite easy to believe you have no interest in seeing Origins enjoy any success.

You can play the defensive fan now but what I really dislike seeing is that level of spite wished upon other fans who are able to watch the show through no fault of their own.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                  And FH did not do that. she s just being annoyed of how the fans are being treated, while they seem to be so important to MGM and SG Command
                  If you want someone to buy your content you should get it to work properly so it is worth the money spend on it but if things continue like they do now, as FH said, SG:O will most likely die as quick as a candle in a storm
                  If being a fan means only to have the money to spend on half-hearted looking things, I do not want to be a fan really

Comment

Considering her comment alludes to wanting to see the app crash upon release...yeah, she was wishing ill-fate on others. It's not about spending money on half-hearted things. I want Origins to be good. I have concerns and issues with SGC. I just wont go around wishing the site implodes, as it rather mean spirited to others in the fandom and the series in general. I'm already worried Origins isn't going to do well and further push Stargate down.
                    Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 24 December 2017, 02:23 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

There's a quick construction time-lapse of the new Stargate on All Access.
                      sigpic

Comment

I re-edited the teaser-trailer cause I wasn't exited by the original version. Didn't use any other images. Did have to drop a few clips -- sadly the anguished 'Father!'-cry out had to go cause I couldn't strip the music from the clip without also loosing the dialogue. Different music and my edit is approximately 10 seconds longer than the original.

Had fun with it -- here you go.

Comment

Good choice on the music. Works well!
                          sigpic

Comment

Not remotely interested - no, not because it's told from the perspective of a woman (I love well developped female characters, damned Sam is the character I like the most from all of Stargate! Jack, Daniel, John, Cameron and Rodney are close seconds, but I like Sam way more! I also like Weir and Dr. Fraiser!), but because it's a prequel!

That story has been told! What more can they add (other than useless details!)? They can't really show anything new because that would ruin canon (that gate was opened ONCE (!) before the Stargate-Movie and then only for a short time! That's why Ernest Littlefield (if I remember the name right) was stuck on that planet with the meeting place of the 4 great races for decades! So they can't show the gate being used ages ago unless they want to retcon this!)!

Damned, continue SGA if possible (or make more movies!), but don't do this!

Hell, make a new "true" Stargate Show (new team, new base etc. and hell, show disclosure for example! Show earth advancing into a true space faring race with Asgard, Goa'uld and Ancient technology being used etc. etc.)

greetings LAX

Comment

Originally posted by Laxian of Earth View Post
                              That story has been told! What more can they add (other than useless details!)? They can't really show anything new because that would ruin canon ...
                              Which perhaps is the whole idea.
                              Relegate everything passed the movie into alternate universe and start fresh (that is, if Origins is even remotely succesful to MGM).

It's no surprise the story is of a much younger Catherine. The cast is a relatively young cast, which could indicate that MGM is aiming this (not at the current set of fans, even though they claim it is -- which is marketing BS as far as I am concerned) at a new, and younger audience, hoping they can sell it as a hip, new show to the highest bidder.

One could say, it could fit in with young adventure shows (of which I have no idea how many currently exist -- none, I think).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I re-edited the teaser-trailer cause I wasn't exited by the original version. Didn't use any other images. Did have to drop a few clips -- sadly the anguished 'Father!'-cry out had to go cause I couldn't strip the music from the clip without also loosing the dialogue. Different music and my edit is approximately 10 seconds longer than the original.

Had fun with it --.
                                Great job

Comment

Working...
                                X