MGM Announces New Original Series "Stargate Origins"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScifigirlSG View Post
    Feb 15, 2018 Stargate: Origins premiers.
    Excellent! Looking forward to seeing what they come up with!
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
      Excellent! Looking forward to seeing what they come up with!
      Err... "come up with"? They've already came up with something.

And since MGM doesn't find me worthy, I don't find them worthy either to entice me with whatever it is they came up with.

My love for Stargate has cooled very much since they came up with this brilliant "lock-half-the-world-out" idea. I feel more inclusive in the Star Wars fandom and I'm not even a Rebel Legion member of a 501st member.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So, new teaser on YT. Suddenly, there's Nazis (there were no Nazis in Egypt in the 1930s, and we know the Stargate was brought to America in 1939). And there's a notebook with the glyphs, and the names of the constellations next to them (but it was Daniel who identified the glyphs as constellations in 1994/5, with Catherine being really really surprised and astonished that Daniel figured out in two weeks what they couldn't in two years, General West's words).

Stargate is dead. Even if there are some kind of "magic" solutions that "fix" these "errors" so it all happens as we know it happened, I feel disappointed, lied to, and most of all, betrayed, by people who keep saying they intend to do it "right". And there's nothing MGM can do to fix that. Right now, even though it may actually make it worse, I wish that Fox had bought MGM when the latter was in financial difficulty, so that Disney now gets the rights. (Somehow, I feel especially Carter, Vala and Teyla would make fine Disney princesses )

Comment

Well, maybe my wild thought about it not actually being in either movie or serie universe wasn't so wild after all... hate it though.

But the sales pitch "we're working on making it worldwide available" has lost its appeal. It still isn't, doesn't look like it will so as far as I'm concerned it can die in a corner in one of the 6 countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Well, maybe my wild thought about it not actually being in either movie or serie universe wasn't so wild after all... hate it though.

But the sales pitch "we're working on making it worldwide available" has lost its appeal. It still isn't, doesn't look like it will so as far as I'm concerned it can die in a corner in one of the 6 countries.
            Exactly.
            Looking at the trailer, the franchise has gone from a grade A to a grade C.

Sorry, but there is other scifi and non-scifi stuff out there that is more worth my time and money than this.

Give me a call when they decide to do a full tv series again, for everyone, with a decent budget and oh yeah, none of this "might be canon, might be outside of it" crap like Falcon says. No canon, count me out.

Now, when are they finally releasing the expanse on dvd in my region?

Comment

I watched the teaser, and boy... if I ever find out who made this teaser, I'm gonna hit them over the head with my Sodan staff weapon (full resin so it'll hurt a wee bit).

Put some effort into it, damn it. Even if I'm excluded, at least try to be captivating. I felt nothing, no excitement, no wander, nothing... My hairs should have gone aloft with Catherine's anguished cry out to her father. The Nazi soldier being all smug should have made me want to smack him (with my Sodan weapon). Even Prof Langford's 'you're too much like your mother' felt weak...

And the soundtrack... ugh... there's such brilliant Stargate music out there, cause the soundtracks are well done. Dare to use it, and if you don't want to use that, at least use something that strengthens the image.

Yes, I'm picky -- deal with it. I want to be captivated, and I want to be interested (even if I'm still excluded -- I want to tell the world to give it a try... to check it out if they can -- but nope... not happening).

Black Panther's trailer had my jaw on the floor, and Infinity Wars made me want to watch the movie now.

Comment

Been getting into legends of tomorrow, flash and arrow here lately. And although those aren't exactly grade A in my opinion, they look a hell of a lot more entertaining and made with more quality than this.

And the concept... Djeez, Indiana Stargate for the win, I mean fail.

For a moment I was thinking I hit the wrong link and was looking at the trailer of raiders of the lost ark or the last crusade.

Also looks like they're using established cannon for toilet paper.

Got the impression on reddit too that a lot more fans are speaking up negatively there compared to the start a few months ago.

Guess they're finally waking up.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I watched the teaser, and boy... if I ever find out who made this teaser, I'm gonna hit them over the head with my Sodan staff weapon (full resin so it'll hurt a wee bit).

Put some effort into it, damn it. Even if I'm excluded, at least try to be captivating. I felt nothing, no excitement, no wander, nothing... My hairs should have gone aloft with Catherine's anguished cry out to her father. The Nazi soldier being all smug should have made me want to smack him (with my Sodan weapon). Even Prof Langford's 'you're too much like your mother' felt weak...

And the soundtrack... ugh... there's such brilliant Stargate music out there, cause the soundtracks are well done. Dare to use it, and if you don't want to use that, at least use something that strengthens the image.

Yes, I'm picky -- deal with it. I want to be captivated, and I want to be interested (even if I'm still excluded -- I want to tell the world to give it a try... to check it out if they can -- but nope... not happening).

Black Panther's trailer had my jaw on the floor, and Infinity Wars made me want to watch the movie now.
                  Infinity wars, looks so nice.

And what about that thor ragnarok trailer? Damn!! Haven't enjoyed a movie like that in years!

Don't even want to know how often I rewatched that trailer

Was just sublime!

Comment

Originally posted by DrMckay View Post
                    Been getting into legends of tomorrow, flash and arrow here lately. And although those aren't exactly grade A in my opinion, they look a hell of a lot more entertaining and made with more quality than this.
                    Legends of Tomorrow is hilarious... I love that show so much.

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                      So, new teaser on YT. Suddenly, there's Nazis (there were no Nazis in Egypt in the 1930s, and we know the Stargate was brought to America in 1939). And there's a notebook with the glyphs, and the names of the constellations next to them (but it was Daniel who identified the glyphs as constellations in 1994/5, with Catherine being really really surprised and astonished that Daniel figured out in two weeks what they couldn't in two years, General West's words).
                      Eh, I'm okay with Nazis being in Egypt, I didn't complain about them in Raiders of the Lost Ark. And I could understand the notebook with the Abydos address IF Catherine never sees it. Jack and Daniel admit the records they get about the early Stargate experiments may be incomplete ("Torment of Tantalus"), so it very well might have been lost. Yeah, I know I'm grasping at straws.

Sheesh, I'm trying to be optimistic about this...but they're making it really hard.

Comment

I'm looking at the image now -- could be anyone's hands, but I have a dark feeling they're Catherine's (or a 2nd unit Catherine's).

Comment

I don't like Catherine feigning ignorance or having forgotten it, because that's a cheat much like the "dream ending" that's pretty much universally hated.

And if she did know, why would she be wasting time to find a small-time archaeologist that nobody knows and waste years and billions of US dollars to "try" and get the gate to work? Why would she, even after the gate turned on, or even after she learns about Ernest Littlefield, not come forward with the truth? Why would she still be fascinated and worried about stepping through the gate, if she had already done that? And most of all, why does her father allow her to go anywhere near the Stargate in the 30's, while we know from "Torment of Tantalus" that he believed the whole research project about the "Door to Heaven" was no place for a young woman, and she had to "work" through Ernest to at least get some involvement (like her thought to use either alternating or direct current, can't remember which, to power the gate). Why would she have to struggle against her father if she had worked with him on the Stargate, excuse me, "Door to Heaven" in the 30's?

I mean, whatever solution they have to make it "fit" is a cheat, and nobody likes cheats when it comes to storytelling, except those that make money out of it. And it still doesn't explain why the Stargate looks different. Yes, all gate props were sold/destroyed, so they had to build a new one, but why not build it right? Someone on Reddit also said it had only 36 symbols. When I look at it again, it does indeed appear to have only 36 instead of 39. Again, hack.

People keep saying to support it anyway, so we get more Stargate in the future. But if MGM lost their minds and it appears that whoever is in charge never saw any of the seventeen seasons and three films that came before, I don't trust them to do it right. If they did watch any of the shows, then it's even worse, because why would they do this if they know that it doesn't fit canon, without cheating? I don't trust them with my money any longer. I was happy to pay over 5000 euros to get all fifteen seasons (SG-1/SGA, 50 euro per season) because I knew I loved it. This I don't like at all, so I don't trust them anymore to make any kind of Stargate show/film.

I hate to say it, but I would have like Emmerich's reboot trilogy at lot more. At least he doesn't lie about making the films different that the existing franchise, and making them a reboot. We all know how "good" his films are, we know his reputation, so at least he's fair. But this makes my fanblood boil.

Comment

It is so annoying how the SG Command keeps saying they are working so hard for the fans, but then in the same reply say "the first 2.episodes are available to all fans worldwide"
                            So ridiculous, the only thing they work hard for is milking the Stargate cow, if you ask me, and not the fans. If they did, everything about SG:O and the show itself would be available to all fans everywhere for free. That is what I would call "working for the fans"

Comment

Originally posted by nivao View Post
                              People keep saying to support it anyway, so we get more Stargate in the future.
                              Support how?
                              I'm not watching 20 minutes and then pretend I'm okay with 80 minutes I have no access to. Not how it works, guys.
                              Then again, there are still a lot of people out there who don't know, or willfully ignore that there are a lot of "fans" out there who have no legal access to the new content, and could not support it even if they wanted to.

I saw Sam Toles, the managing director of digital media for MGM, reply to a Stargate Origins related tweet from someone, who tagged him and Morgan Bryce (the director) and he was spouting his "For the Fans"-line -- P'd me off like you had no idea. For the fans -- not if you're deliberately cutting off a great many of them, whom you therefore do not consider fans under the same umbrella.

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                              It is so annoying how the SG Command keeps saying they are working so hard for the fans, but then in the same reply say "the first 2.episodes are available to all fans worldwide"
                              Therefore, I'm fairly certain there is nothing happening behind the scenes.

Originally posted by Az'ryel View Post
                              So ridiculous, the only thing they work hard for is milking the Stargate cow, if you ask me, and not the fans. If they did, everything about SG:O and the show itself would be available to all fans everywhere for free. That is what I would call "working for the fans"
                              It's like I mentioned on twitter: they are dangling an open wormhole in front of the worldwide fans. They can see it, touch it but they can't walk through.

Eventually, you simply walk away... If we're not good enough, than our money's not going to line your pockets.

Comment

Yes, I am afraid you are right about that there is nothing really being worked on

And I agree, my money is also not going into their pockets, I am not a donkey the can bait with that "2 episode for free carrot" hanging in front of my nose to run for them

Comment

Working...
                                X